LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
Hey daniel make hax that demo drivers will be revers
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Going back to work:

FZ5 GT3

Download(MediaFire)

Enjoy.

Looks great Thumbs up
Quote from fdg1997 :Guys help me, i can't get dashes to work,i need to create a folder called "Gauges" on my LFSLazy folder?

Did you install dash textures? Any error comes up when starting LFSLazy?
Quote from cuprum :Hey daniel make hax that demo drivers will be revers

You still didn't learn?
May 09 18:50:45 PLZ-Edgar : ^Ldemo dont have revers
Spoiler - click to reveal
May 09 18:49:58 CoRe L.Kovács : ^Lyeah and for noobs
May 09 18:49:58 CG™» Moody : ^Lare u a girl edgar?
May 09 18:49:59 S M.Sipola : ^Lonly idiots drive oval=)
May 09 18:50:00 RussianAttack45 : ^Loval is something new
May 09 18:50:11 PLZ-Edgar : ^Lyes i am
May 09 18:50:11 [ADVO]k_badam : ^LCG™» Moody - he is
May 09 18:50:12 CoRe L.Kovács : ^Lwat? its a 10 years old game
May 09 18:50:15 CoRe L.Kovács : ^Lits not new
May 09 18:50:24 PLZ-Edgar : ^Lbl2r then?
May 09 18:50:30 CG™» Moody : ^Lwat
May 09 18:50:33 [ADVO]k_badam : ^Lyes bl2r
May 09 18:50:34 CG™» Moody : ^Ldemo servers
May 09 18:50:34 CoRe L.Kovács : ^Lopen track layout then
May 09 18:50:45 PLZ-Edgar : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:50:46 CG™» Moody : ^Lbl2r are plenty demos
May 09 18:50:47 [WCL] E.Manelius : ^Lhi
May 09 18:50:51 CG™» Moody : ^Lfascinating
May 09 18:50:52 PLZ-Edgar : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:50:54 PLZ-Edgar : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:50:55 CG™» Moody : ^Lwow
May 09 18:50:56 PLZ-Edgar : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:50:58 CG™» Moody : ^Lhuge diference
May 09 18:50:59 65-revers_29 : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:51:00 65-revers_29 : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:51:02 PLZ-Edgar : ^Ldemo dont have revers
May 09 18:51:02 CG™» Moody^L blocked messages
I know dat but demo need revers Big grin
I kept a replay of that but I didn't back it up when I reinstalled windows Frown Frown Frown Frown Frown
Will be good if someone write tutorial how to make gauges Smile I will try myself in this science Wink Want to make Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R gauges for XRT but have no idea how.
Quote from sti228 :Will be good if someone write tutorial how to make gauges Smile I will try myself in this science Wink Want to make Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R gauges for XRT but have no idea how.

Just take one and see how it is done.
Quote from vitaly_m :
Quote from sti228 :Will be good if someone write tutorial how to make gauges Smile I will try myself in this science Wink Want to make Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R gauges for XRT but have no idea how.

Just take one and see how it is done.

I don't think so. Anyway it's so simple to make one PDF file with basic explanation. Everyone will be happy with this.
I planned to write a bit more about Dashboard Editor for this patch but I just couldn't find time Smile
For now ... Using /o dash you enter Dashboard Editor. First you have to make your background.jpg texture. After each change to texture press Reload to see changes, and be aware that often portions of texture are used so you'll have to test which part of texture is your desired place on dashboard. For cars that already have dashes made I suggest using those as reference. After doing background, you should make and place gauges, texts and indicators. Gauge is simply texture that rotates, you have to choose right X and Y by coordinates in background texture as well as min and max angle. Text is simply text :P I think everything is pretty much selfexplainable there.
Quote from DANIEL-CRO :I planned to write a bit more about Dashboard Editor for this patch but I just couldn't find time Smile
For now ... Using /o dash you enter Dashboard Editor. First you have to make your background.jpg texture. After each change to texture press Reload to see changes, and be aware that often portions of texture are used so you'll have to test which part of texture is your desired place on dashboard. For cars that already have dashes made I suggest using those as reference. After doing background, you should make and place gauges, texts and indicators. Gauge is simply texture that rotates, you have to choose right X and Y by coordinates in background texture as well as min and max angle. Text is simply text :P I think everything is pretty much selfexplainable there.

Thanks for explain. Once question... For what i need font files ? What they do ?
Quote from sti228 :Thanks for explain. Once question... For what i need font files ? What they do ?

Custom digital speedo text, etc.
FZR GT3 added, FZ5 will be slightly updated.
Quote from sti228 :Thanks for explain. Once question... For what i need font files ? What they do ?

They are just a regular fonts like when you select it in MS Word (Arial, Times New Roman, ...). However some dashboard makers aren't satisfied only with that fonts that come with Windows, even though there is plently to choose, in that case they can make a font themself or download some from internet. That can often allow more realistic preview like 7-segment/LED display, etc. With the latest version there is no need for user to install these fonts, maker should just place font files in Fonts folder Smile
Quote from 1303s_vortech :FZR GT3 added, FZ5 will be slightly updated.

Awesome Big grin
I saw the update this morning, so I decided to try the dashboard editor, I wasn't expecting a great thing like that, thank you!

I wonder if it's possible to make the indicators sound editable & if it's possible to make a second calibration mode more precise (like dashboards in real life) to check if the gauges are correctly configured.

I had a funny issue with tweaks (to have 1.0bar) when I was testing the turbo gauge, I forgot to turn off the rev bouncer and this happen:
Attached images
lfs_00003580.jpg
Quote from Kanade :I wonder if it's possible to make the indicators sound editable

Just done that Smile

Quote from Kanade :if it's possible to make a second calibration mode more precise (like dashboards in real life) to check if the gauges are correctly configured.

I think that calibrating RPM, fuel and turbo should be pretty easy. I usually hit pause (in single player) when calibrating. When calibrating speedo I'd suggest to select such a gear ratios that max speed is 100 km/h, and when reach that speed hit pause and calibrate correctly.

Quote from Kanade :I had a funny issue with tweaks (to have 1.0bar) when I was testing the turbo gauge, I forgot to turn off the rev bouncer and this happen

Well, thing is pretty obvious, it bounces your rpm by killing ignition. You can select that dashboard backlight is trigger by lights rather than ignition, to prevent flickering light. In that case also calibration on start lose its purpose. I'm afraid there is not much I can do Frown
Quote :check if the gauges are correctly configured

If you made them from scratch it should be pretty easy (tip: the value for maximum angle for speedo is often "weird" as it's seems related to the original tach rotation*).

Also keep in mind the max RPM values aren't plain numbers (e: XFG limits @7970 revs on neutral).

If you copied and pasted from a picture, then yes, it could get tricky.

*: As Daniel said, you just need to make speedo needle to read 100 kph, then your done.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :Also keep in mind the max RPM values aren't plain numbers.

Personally I use a tweak to set the RPM exactly at 8000trs/m (for the XRT).

Quote from 1303s_vortech :If you copied and pasted from a picture, then yes, it could get tricky.

Every time I wanted to make a gauge I wanted, every pictures I found were in bad res and/or distorted, so I'm used to make them.

I edited my previous dash today, here is the result (don't mind the dashboard editor window, I forgot to close it):
Looks like I cant turn off the pit stop reminder, it just keeps spamming.
Quote from Oliver Feistkorn :Looks like I cant turn off the pit stop reminder, it just keeps spamming.

That wasn't the actual pit stop reminder, but some accidentally left debug message. That is fixed in a new update submitted today Smile
XRG Z31 Fairlady**Updated**

Download(MediaFire)

Big grin

nota: RHD may need another cfg.
That looks nice Smile
Z31-Fairlady XRT

Download(MediaFire)

Big grin
vortech, the 0 isn't on the 0 on the speedo actually Big grin
And personnally, I don't like that turbo gauge.

And if someone could make a Raceabout, FX0 and RB4 gauges, it would be perfect (I don't have time to work on it). Smile
Quote from nacim :vortech, the 0 isn't on the 0 on the speedo actually Big grin

"That's not bug, that's a feature ©", take a look @ real ones.

About the Turbo, it's hard to find something which don't get severely butchered with reduction (it was made in 512 px and looking at result I'm a bit worried too... Frown).

LFSLazy
(1573 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG