The online racing simulator
Quote from DevilDare :Bull-shit.

Lets say I was born in England. My parents moved over from Lithuania to England 10 years before I was born. Then I come out. 20 years later I get picked to play in the World Cup. Now tell me, why should I play for Lithuania, a country I have never visited and never really took any interest in?!

Doesnt make any sense. Doesnt matter if my surname is Lithuanian... I lived in England from birth and am considered a full citizen of UK. I should be able to play for them...

Why if you are Lithuanian by blood do you have no interest in your country?? My point is not, why or how people play for different countries, my point is, nationality is invalid if people can choose between countries...

If where you are born is your nationality, or where you are from is your nationality, then it should be only one or the other, but it's both now so it enables players to choose which country they play for.
Quote from BlueFlame :

If where you are born is your nationality, or where you are from is your nationality, then it should be only one or the other, but it's both now so it enables players to choose which country they play for.

But why would someone who is born in England, and his parents, grandparents or grandgrand parents comes from Lithuania, but he never been to Lithuania, his friends are english, all his childhood memories etc. are from England, play for Lithuania, why?
Quote from Boris Lozac :But why would someone who is born in England, and his parents, grandparents or grandgrand parents comes from Lithuania, but he never been to Lithuania, his friends are english, all his childhood memories etc. are from England, play for Lithuania, why?

+1

IMO, your Genes (Blood) just defines how you look - Where you grow up and live, defines your Personality.
Owen Hargreaves ftw.
Blueflame has never heard of integration.
-
(samjh) DELETED by samjh
Quote from Boris Lozac :But why would someone who is born in England, and his parents, grandparents or grandgrand parents comes from Lithuania, but he never been to Lithuania, his friends are english, all his childhood memories etc. are from England, play for Lithuania, why?

This.

Now lets jus wrap it up and enjoy the rest of the cup.

Big match today!
Quote from DevilDare :This.

Now lets jus wrap it up and enjoy the rest of the cup.

Big match today!

+es

indeed!

As everyone thinks Germany will win, I'm for England
Go England!
Quote from Sir moi 407 :As everyone thinks Germany will win, I'm for England

Everyone does?

Looks to me as if it's pretty equal.
GO Germany GO GO GO
Most people around me and I do too.
Germany played better than England for now...
Quote :usa

despite the momentary hype, most in USA don't care about soccer. Most of the best USA atheletes go into USA core sports, USA football, basketball, baseball, track and field, ... , so USA ends up "importing" many of it's soccer players.

Personally, I find soccer somewhat boring, and the "offsides" rule somewhat annoying. It should adapt something similar to hockey's rules and it's blue line, which would eliminate "defensive" play accomplished by moving the defensive players upfield.
Quote from JeffR :Personally, I find soccer somewhat boring, and the "offsides" rule somewhat annoying. It should adapt something similar to hockey's rules and it's blue line, which would eliminate "defensive" play accomplished by moving the defensive players upfield.

I couldn't make any sense of this at all.
lol england
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Which part didn't you get?

Blue line, moving upfield, etc.

Why would you even want to "eliminate defensive play"? Makes no sense.

BTW:
To broadly generalize, Americans like scoring. A setup like hockey would theoretically increase shots on goal. More specifically, it would take the ability to put an attacker offsides away from the defenders.

The blue line in hockey is a line about 25% of the way across the rink on both ends... if you're attacking, you can't be across the blue line before the puck is, or you're offsides. This way offsides is a fixed point rather than a moving point based on the positions of the defenders. In soccer, defenders can quickly step upfield to put an attacker offside. In hockey, there's a stationary line that determines it.

I think it's a stupid idea for soccer, since the game is much slower-moving by nature and depends on defensive tactics as much as offensive, but it works well for hockey.
Ah John Terry, what a player.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :To broadly generalize, Americans like scoring. A setup like hockey would theoretically increase shots on goal. More specifically, it would take the ability to put an attacker offsides away from the defenders.

The blue line in hockey is a line about 25% of the way across the rink on both ends... if you're attacking, you can't be across the blue line before the puck is, or you're offsides. This way offsides is a fixed point rather than a moving point based on the positions of the defenders. In soccer, defenders can quickly step upfield to put an attacker offside. In hockey, there's a stationary line that determines it.

I think it's a stupid idea for soccer, since the game is much slower-moving by nature and depends on defensive tactics as much as offensive, but it works well for hockey.

Eh..Sounds stupid indeed, sorry.
oooops....
Hilarious. 4-0 I said, its coming, its coming. John Terry again.
This is going to be very, very painful for England
Now which England team got out of the hotel?

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG