The online racing simulator
Good fight, US. You have spirit.

But Ghana played well and scored when they had to.
Awww...

Sorry Americans. As you can see, 'soccer' can be a real bummer sometimes. Heads held high though. As Souza said, you have spirit. Bright future if you keep it up.

Well done to Ghana. Second goal was killer.
If we'd played in the first half things might have been different. Gonna have to work on that for 2014. :P

Good game by Ghana.
Yeah. I noticed that in all your games to be honest. Its like in the first half they just analyse their opponents, and then the coach tells them what to do and they deliver.

Oh well. Win the olympics football and prepare for 2014.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah. I noticed that in all your games to be honest. Its like in the first half they just analyse their opponents, and then the coach tells them what to do and they deliver.

Yep. It's a pretty bad gameplan.
Didn't expect this, but it's kinda deserved by Ghana..
As always them germans will score in the last minute and win.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :If we'd played in the first half things might have been different.

i think its just natural for americans to arrive late

so now we know
germany > ghana
usa >= england
guess what the prediction is for tomorrow
Quote from Shotglass :i think its just natural for americans to arrive late

so now we know
germany > ghana
usa >= england
guess what the prediction is for tomorrow

Doesn't work like that!
Quote from G!NhO :Doesn't work like that!

I already told him on IRC but he wouldn't believe me.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :What???

So if I was born in France, raised in France spoke fluent French but my parent where Scottish and I happened to be a good keeper, good enough for selection to the national side....I couldn't play for them because my surname is MacDonald.

I know you can have moments where it looks as if the captin is drunk at the wheel, but even for you this takes the biscuit.

Yes. Unless you had more than 3 generations in that country. 1 Generation isn't enough time to intergrate. Why do they let people who don't reflect the true nature of the country represent the country I don't understand.

But this aside...

FEEL IT GHANA IS HERE!
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes. Unless you had more than 3 generations in that country. 1 Generation isn't enough time to intergrate. Why do they let people who don't reflect the true nature of the country represent the country I don't understand.

I thought you understood the stupidity of what you said and lay low.. but no, you keep digging yourself..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I thought you understood the stupidity of what you said and lay low.. but no, you keep digging yourself..

Well I don't see it makes sense when you have Germany playing against Ghana, Boateng playing for Germany has the same name as 2, 3, 4 Ghanean players. It defeats the point of international football if people can just choose what country to play for and all these nationalities are merging together....
Quote from BlueFlame :Well I don't see it makes sense when you have Germany playing against Ghana, Boateng playing for Germany has the same name as 2, 3, 4 Ghanean players. It defeats the point of international football if people can just choose what country to play for and all these nationalities are merging together....

WTF with 'choosing', they didn't choose, they were born there, who gives a f*ck what their last name is? That same Boateng might never set foot on his grand grand grand fathers country, so why should he represent that country?
Quote from Boris Lozac :WTF with 'choosing', they didn't choose, they were born in that country, who gives a f*ck what their last name is? That same Boateng might never set foot on his grand grand grand fathers country, so why should he represent that country?

My second name is my heritidge, My blood. What kind of person are you if you choose to play for a country that has no relation to your religion, name, or blood? If anyone can play for a country of their choice then what is the point in ANY International sport events?

Alot of the under 21s for France were Algerian. Many players in the world cup in 2010 played for under 21's for A DIFFERENT COUNTRY!? This doesn't make sense. A country is yours forever whether you leave it or not. The strange thing is, most of the people on this forum are true to their countries yet they don't understand my reasoning. I'm not asking to shoot them all, I am just bringing it to the attention that it's pointless to have international sport if people can choose between countries that they lived in for 3weeks on a work permit, that of which they were born in, or that of which their mother, grandfather, cousin or father was born in...

It's all just too silly.
Omg.. i give up.
Quote from BlueFlame :Yes. Unless you had more than 3 generations in that country. 1 Generation isn't enough time to intergrate. Why do they let people who don't reflect the true nature of the country represent the country I don't understand.

So despite the fact that I (hypothetically speaking of course) would have spent my childhood growing up as a French citizen, developing a bond with the people I grew up with, developing a love for the country I now class as home and backing them in every major sporting even from when I was a kid....I would still not be able to represent them because I was a MacDonald.

I would be as French as the next man in the team, but under your ruling I would be deemed not fit...I wonder if you would like to then deport me back to where my surname suggest I should go?
Patriotism, I do not like.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Omg.. i give up.

Thanks for that! I wish others could do the same...

Just to post something on topic, I'm quite impressed by USA's team. Played well, fought every time until the last minute, and just as important, CLEANLY.
We've seem plenty of times (in this World Cup, no less) how easy it is to lose it and try to solve things the wrong way. To think your opponent isn't worth it. Even with all the problems with bad refereeing and all.

You guys should be proud.
Quote from BlueFlame :My second name is my heritidge, My blood. What kind of person are you if you choose to play for a country that has no relation to your religion, name, or blood? If anyone can play for a country of their choice then what is the point in ANY International sport events?

Alot of the under 21s for France were Algerian. Many players in the world cup in 2010 played for under 21's for A DIFFERENT COUNTRY!? This doesn't make sense. A country is yours forever whether you leave it or not. The strange thing is, most of the people on this forum are true to their countries yet they don't understand my reasoning. I'm not asking to shoot them all, I am just bringing it to the attention that it's pointless to have international sport if people can choose between countries that they lived in for 3weeks on a work permit, that of which they were born in, or that of which their mother, grandfather, cousin or father was born in...

It's all just too silly.

Bull-shit.

Lets say I was born in England. My parents moved over from Lithuania to England 10 years before I was born. Then I come out. 20 years later I get picked to play in the World Cup. Now tell me, why should I play for Lithuania, a country I have never visited and never really took any interest in?!

Doesnt make any sense. Doesnt matter if my surname is Lithuanian... I lived in England from birth and am considered a full citizen of UK. I should be able to play for them...
Half the Estonian national football team are Russians. They were born and raised here. If they're good enough and want to represent the team, why should tehy be stopped?
Good game for Ghana!, deserved.
Next match with africans going to be tough
Quote from de Souza :Thanks for that! I wish others could do the same...

Just to post something on topic, I'm quite impressed by USA's team. Played well, fought every time until the last minute, and just as important, CLEANLY.
We've seem plenty of times (in this World Cup, no less) how easy it is to lose it and try to solve things the wrong way. To think your opponent isn't worth it. Even with all the problems with bad refereeing and all.

You guys should be proud.

Thanks for that.

It was a good Cup for us, though I would have liked to go to the quarters or semis, and I think the team is good enough to have done it.

There were some crucial mistakes today--Clark and Findley never should have started, but it was pretty clear that a lot of our guys were not in condition to play 90 minutes, let alone 120. Altidore in particular looked worn out from the get-go. Clark's mistake and subsequent yellow were pretty embarrassing, butthey gradually recovered and made a good showing for themselves. The last Ghana goal was a beauty and there wasn't really a lot more the defenders could have done with it. Maybe Howard should have been further back toward the mouth of the goal, but that's easy to say in retrospect. (He should have been able to handle the first goal too, but he had a great tourney otherwise.)

Anyway, glad we were there and I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the cup.
Quote from zeugnimod :I already told him on IRC but he wouldn't believe me.

you also thought that the americans would win this
therefore your oppinions on who going to win what are and will always be wrong

FIFA South Africa 2010
(2134 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG