The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
How can I upload replays?
Some cars come with tires that are too good for it imo, like 370z and Lotus Esprit, they came with Sports Hard, and they are so much more enjoyable to drive with Comforts.

My ring times are:

Lexus LFA: 7.38.xxx (matched the real time)
Mclaren F1: 7.21.7xx (have no idea what is the official lap time)

The LFA record is with ABS-1, and Mclaren is abs-off. I'm driving everything with abs off now, so i guess i'll do the Lexus again.
I'm actually lapping Tsukuba quite allot for laptime comparisons.

Since its less friendly for high-speed cars the corners are what matters more.
7:26 in the ZR1 with some minor mistakes, that thing has some sort of hyperdrive in third gear.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :I'm actually lapping Tsukuba quite allot for laptime comparisons.

Since its less friendly for high-speed cars the corners are what matters more.

I do the same because its a smaller track and you get results quicker.
not a very fair track though, it favors smaller cars like the EVO and NSXs. I use Suzuka for general testing.
Quote from JJ72 :not a very fair track though, it favors smaller cars like the EVO and NSXs. I use Suzuka for general testing.

its good for testing the agileness of a car, but after a certian limit of power its pointless.
Hi guys,

can anyone tell me what car they used to do the Pick up truck challenge?

In the used car section there is only the Midget?

Haven't found any other truck

Thanks

Pete
had a pretty good run with the 430 scuderia....only 7:28.

The more I run the more I realize how a monster the GTR is, how on earth can it be so much faster than things with more power and less weight?
Quote from JJ72 :
The more I run the more I realize how a monster the GTR is, how on earth can it be so much faster than things with more power and less weight?

It is a Ring machine isn't it, no wonder it's official medical/safety vehicle on the track..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It is a Ring machine isn't it, no wonder it's official medical/safety vehicle on the track..

yeah, but can't say I like how it drives.

Basically you brake in a stable manner, turn it in, mesh the throttle and let it work its magic, it just hooks and zoooommm there you go, however once in a while on some corner the magic doesn't work and you grab a handful of understeer. only happens 1% of the time maybe and on very specific corners.
I agree, tried that official time trophy a couple of times but i can't complete a lap due to it's wierd, way too stable behaviour..
Quote from Madman_CZ :Hi guys,

can anyone tell me what car they used to do the Pick up truck challenge?

In the used car section there is only the Midget?

Haven't found any other truck

Thanks

Pete

You win a Dodge RAM on one of the races or licenses, I just tuned this up quite a bit (as standard it's rubbish)

By the way, TVE, do you still think there is bad sense of speed? Check out this real lap with GT3 on the Ring, it looks like he's going 30mph all the time... I don't quite get it as why do real laps look this slow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRku4hySn0
That's because of the field of view, Boris.
The X2010 is just........ holy shit.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You win a Dodge RAM on one of the races or licenses, I just tuned this up quite a bit (as standard it's rubbish)

Yeah u get the dodge ram 3500 for completing one set of licenses. I didn't tune any part of mine and golded the pick up event, just block the others on daytona :P
Pikes peak coming that would be NICE!!
Anyone got a Taurus SHO they don't want?, been on the look out in the UCD for an age, and not had one turn up......
Quote from JJ72 :yeah, but can't say I like how it drives.

Basically you brake in a stable manner, turn it in, mesh the throttle and let it work its magic, it just hooks and zoooommm there you go, however once in a while on some corner the magic doesn't work and you grab a handful of understeer. only happens 1% of the time maybe and on very specific corners.

I dunno, I seem to lose the rear end on the GT-R quite a lot under brakes, and that's with ABS on
See 4:31
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df2Z6RhP92I

The same thing is said to happen on the real car

Chrisuu01 - you need a capture card or device to upload replays
My Viper doing a stoppy On the hill it just floats away you have to go pretty slow up there.
Attached images
Nürburgring Nordschleife-1.jpg
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :My Viper doing a stoppy On the hill it just floats away you have to go pretty slow up there.

Hitting the brakes and gas together will make the car land flat, according to the Apex booklet
Quote from CoolColJ :Hitting the brakes and gas together will make the car land flat, according to the Apex booklet

It's more where it lands that's the problem, your pretty much on the grass before it touches down.
-
(pearcy_2k7) DELETED by pearcy_2k7
Vette and F40, having alot of fun just taking pictures but i keep buying cars and it's getting expensive...

Gran Turismo 5
(7862 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG