The online racing simulator
Quote from 91mason91 :Redbull X2010 still up for grabs if anyone has a car worth trading.

i'll swap it for a prius
i want the 908 HDi ...

Edit - got one now i want an audi R10

i have a X1 to swap.
fk i suck at these seasonal events
Quote from 91mason91 :Redbull X2010 still up for grabs if anyone has a car worth trading.

user name? ill give you a xj220 right now
Got the Focus ST and RX7 season races golded after a few tries.. only the nascar left to do. Too bad I changed the oils in mine earlier, so now it's too powerful for the race. :rolleyes:
Quote from Luke.S :for the nascar event use this setup

Driving Aids: TCS: 1 , Spin Recovery: On , Assisted steering: Mild , ABS: 1

Car setup: Aero: Front: 50 , back:70 , Gearing: Top-speed: 380kph / 236mph.

This setup actually works wonders. I won using it.

seasonal that is.

Why would i do that? If i can't win it without those stupid aids, then i guess i won't win it.. Skid recovery makes the game feel like Mario Kart. (but it's more then possible without aids).
Quote from Luke.S :Spin Recovery: On

Now don't you ever go around telling people you are from LFS forum.
Quote from Matrixi :Got the Focus ST and RX7 season races golded after a few tries.. only the nascar left to do. Too bad I changed the oils in mine earlier, so now it's too powerful for the race. :rolleyes:

The nascars only cost 500k each so it's not really all that big problem.

I did the same thing with the rx8 TT comp and my fully tuned rx8 was then too powerful. Had nice pink wheels and all...
Just organized a lan meeting (though we actually have to all get online in PSN) for a 3 hour endurance, ****ing epic stuff, neck to neck to the flag!!! we had the best racers in Hong Kong all in one room and that was garunteed awesomeness.

can't wait to do more.
Quote from Hyperactive :Took an awesomely crappy video of my focus st replay too. Notice how smooth and balanced jj72's car is while my focus understeers like a blind pig in a train full of waffles.

My way of tuning is to suit my usual style of driving FR cars, I always try to steer the car with the throttle and can live with some initial understeer, as long as it rotates when i release the brakes. I do the same on FF cars too and it seem to work for me.

I didn't try to create intentional oversteer by stiffening the rear too much, just some toe out and slight over steery bias in the spring and anti-roll, and also softer front rebound damping. As I found a lively rear although can aid initial turn in, the instability will ultimately affect the front end too.

I do most of the braking in the straight line and is off the brake before the clipping point, which is also the point I transition to partial throttle and pull the front towards the apex, with the correct LSD setting some throttle can actually produce some oversteer, you also get the benefit of higher rev build up and more torque as you unwind the steering and properly exit the corner.
Quote from JJ72 :Now don't you ever go around telling people you are from LFS forum.

only for that one event. I saw it on google and it worked.
it says i have to sign up for the seasonal events on the website

looks the same but just as cool

has anyone done a physics comparions with LFS yet? How is the drifting as well?

Really want to pick this up but not if its wayyyy different from driving in LFS as I dont want to have to get used to a new game
It's quite a way off LFS imho, still realistic enough to be fun, though. Drifting's good. Tyre smoke's crap, though.
Fun and challenging?, yes, realistic?, no, not even with a steering wheel.
i still hate the fact that the dont have a pc port
loved the first 4 parts, but not puying the ps3 just for one game...
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i still hate the fact that the dont have a pc port
loved the first 4 parts, but not puying the ps3 just for one game...

Propably also because they would lose a lot of purchases that way, piracy on the PC is way bigger than on the PS3
Quote from danowat :Fun and challenging?, yes, realistic?, no, not even with a steering wheel.

I think we have to agree that "car games" can be realistic to varying extents, just as simulations can be accurate to varying extents, it's not a yes or no affair. Even GT1 is much more realistic than say, Ridge Racer 7.

GT5 is definitely towards the "accurate simulation" end of the car game realism scale even if it's still quite a way off and certainly nowhere near the serious pc simulations.
I've played LFS for years.. and done 1000's of laps hotlapping over the years but something in GT5 just doesnt add up..

even tho my laps feel very consistant with each other the splits are all over the place, one min in 0.5 up next time i know ive done the corner quicker im 0.3 down.

I was lapping Indy Road Course in my tuned mx5 (non turbo) and was getting 1'49.5's consistantly but couldnt quite get in the 1'48's.. I came away for an hour or two and then tried again, same thing i managed to improve to 1'49.2's but not very consistantly..

i started a race (online) and immediatly with the lap feeling sloppy and not really noticable smooth i got a 1'48.8 then another then another..

it feels like there is some sort of boost when racing with others.

Anyone else felt this?
I read on GTplanet that there are "different physics" for online play.
soo is there anything worthwhile for to buy a PS3 to play this game as I have a G27

shame u can get 2 xbox for 1 ps3

i love cars myself and have an Astra VXR so I would be interested to get this game if there was something that would be worth while such as cruising
Quote from danowat :Fun and challenging?, yes, realistic?, no, not even with a steering wheel.

I think you're exaggerating sometimes.. what is realistic anyways? Is BF1 in LFS realistic, is it realistic that one tip of the cerb can roll your car.. i would rather play this than rFactor and all of it's mods, and rFactor is considered realistic by many.. rather then GTR1/2 Race07 or whatever.. In right circumstances it's giving me that 'serious' feeling that i have with LFS..
Quote from Graeme43 :I would be interested to get this game if there was something that would be worth while such as cruising

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG