The online racing simulator
Quote from baSh0r :i mean some corners are just not doable ^^ e.g. Hatzenbach entry with 240 km/h where a Slick car is doing 190 at a limit. So i wouldnt argue about 5+- km/h but that is 50.

Hah don't watch the Redbull X2010 'ring videos then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded

I would like to know what G-force is being sustained by the driver in that car.
Well obviously some tires are unrealistic, but with right combination you get some impresivelly similiar lap times.. considering you can go faster due to lack of fear..
Soft slicks are qualifying tyres, and maybe too grippy even then, I can't even get a 320+ HP Clio v6 to oversteer with them, but I doubt anyone would use a qualifying tyre for a Ring time attack as they need a lot of heat to get grippy and might not last the distance

Anyway you'll note all the race events and Time Trials that GT5 have use the Hard race tyres only
Quote from CoolColJ :Soft slicks are qualifying tyres, and maybe too grippy even then, I can't even get a 320+ HP Clio v6 to oversteer with them, but I doubt anyone would use a qualifying tyre for a Ring time attack as they need a lot of heat to get grippy and might not last the distance

Anyway you'll note all the race events and Time Trials that GT5 have use the Hard race tyres only

If it's a qualifying tyre why does it not degrade like a qualifying tyre? You can't claim it's one kind of tyre based on one characteristic any more than I can claim it's an endurance racing tyre because it lasts 95% as long as a Racing-Hard tyre
Someone explain me.. the Focus ST online season challenge.. what the F*CK?!

I'm pushing pretty much as hard as I can, upgraded the car as much as possible, and I'm still nearly 10 seconds behind the Focus RS when I cross the finish line.

Am I the only one who doesn't find these last-to-first-place challenges fun in any way at all? Yet they give so much cash and XP in so little time, that it would be a waste not to do it. Argh.
Quote from sinbad :If it's a qualifying tyre why does it not degrade like a qualifying tyre? You can't claim it's one kind of tyre based on one characteristic any more than I can claim it's an endurance racing tyre because it lasts 95% as long as a Racing-Hard tyre

Well tyre wear in GT5 seems a bit with with the racing tyres
At least offline, online things seem much different, even the the way the cars feel is different.

Online - Medium racing tyres, 4wd, and the front tyres started to go off after 5 laps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYE0Z1gE5P0

Quote from Matrixi :Someone explain me.. the Focus ST online season challenge.. what the F*CK?!

I'm pushing pretty much as hard as I can, upgraded the car as much as possible, and I'm still nearly 10 seconds behind the Focus RS when I cross the finish line.

Am I the only one who doesn't find these last-to-first-place challenges fun in any way at all? Yet they give so much cash and XP in so little time, that it would be a waste not to do it. Argh.

Turn on SRF and be happy - although JJ72 can do it without it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EkrJuAV40k
Willing to trade my Redbull X2010 for a XJ220, XJ220 LM race car or anything similar.
toyota 7? bmw gtr touring? Both? with a racemod zr1?
Quote from 91mason91 :Willing to trade my Redbull X2010 for a XJ220, XJ220 LM race car or anything similar.

Uh, I'll PM you a list of cars if you want it.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Uh, I'll PM you a list of cars if you want it.

Yea sure. At this point in time i can send you it asap providing i find anything worth trading.
Has anyone got something they can lend me that will win historic races in b-spec? My Camaro just isn't cutting it Will lend you a choice of my machines whilst you have it
gt5's control just froze up on me while using the analyzer 2nd time this has happened.
Took an awesomely crappy video of my focus st replay too. Notice how smooth and balanced jj72's car is while my focus understeers like a blind pig in a train full of waffles.

Also did a lap time comparison:
JJ72:

Total:

Me:

Total:

(did I already mention the awful understeer :razz

Video is underste.. uploading...
Quote from baSh0r :Soft tyres, yeah.

But still, its not like the official World-Record Lap IRL has been done on comfort tyres So you can't realistically improve 1 Minute just by taking even better tyres (which might not really exist irl)

Yeah, but the gt5 soft racing tires are some sort of crazy grippy sort of old pirelli f1 qualifying tires that last forever and are just so uber grippy. Even in the merc sls on the ring it is very hard to get the car to power oversteer with those tires.

I think the comfort softs are even more grippy than good trackday tires irl. And sports softs are almost slicks. And it is kind of sad that online the almost exclusively used tire is the soft racing tire...

I've been planning to do some kind of list (+some "nice looking" graphs) of the gt5 tires. The telemetry gives longnitudal and lateral g's so all it needs is some even road surface and some spirited driving. The rest is just some work to get some numbers in excel.

EDIT: teh focus st video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZRpqM6Hr5Y
(sorry alfa driver )
Quote from Hyperactive :Took an awesomely crappy video of my focus st replay too. Notice how smooth and balanced jj72's car is while my focus understeers like a blind pig in a train full of waffles.

(did I already mention the awful understeer :razz

Video is underste.. uploading...

Try JJ72's setup at the end of his video, works pretty well
Much less understeer than the setup I was using
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Has anyone got something they can lend me that will win historic races in b-spec? My Camaro just isn't cutting it Will lend you a choice of my machines whilst you have it

I think what you need is a Toyota 7, you win one of these when you complete the Like The Wind series in the B-Spec Extreme hall, level 21.

I can lend you mine if you want. my PSN - CoolColJ
Please! I'll add you sometime later today

What would you like in return? I've got a shit heap of supercars that are tuned and a few sports.
i hope i dont miss seasonal events not had time to play recently when do they get taken down?
i managed to do the focus st event without using skid recovery, but it took me 40 attempts.

at first i was just litterally flying into the corners, not concentrating on my speeds, my lines, my brakes..

after a couple of attempts i started consiously learning the track and watching for braking points and the times started to drop.

i did mine by hitting the RS on that last chicane and sent him crashing into a wall, so i stole 1st place and won by about 3 seconds.
Quote from BreadC :i hope i dont miss seasonal events not had time to play recently when do they get taken down?

6th jan for the first set.
13th jan for the second set.

i think.
k thanks

looks like for me monday is pure gt5 day

girlfriend takes up all my time but <3 her hehe
for the nascar event use this setup

Driving Aids: TCS: 1 , Spin Recovery: On , Assisted steering: Mild , ABS: 1

Car setup: Aero: Front: 50 , back:70 , Gearing: Top-speed: 380kph / 236mph.

This setup actually works wonders. I won using it.

seasonal that is.
Did a NASCAR race on daytona with 16 cars online, it makes me question if this is supposed to even try being a 'simulator' and more like something from nfs.
Redbull X2010 still up for grabs if anyone has a car worth trading.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG