The online racing simulator
Quote from evilpimp :Lol If the sms comes and im at school im gunna fake being sick and come home to get some WR's

What's the oddest combo one can choose? Like Uf1 on Kyoto Gp Long? I'll get that record and live in the glamour of WR-holding for like 5 minutes
Quote from Mr.Muh :What's the oddest combo one can choose? Like Uf1 on Kyoto Gp Long? I'll get that record and live in the glamour of WR-holding for like 5 minutes

Something like that. Or RAC on AS GT. Not necessarily an odd combo but the RAC is probably one of the least used cars overall.
Quote from Mr.Muh :What's the oddest combo one can choose? Like Uf1 on Kyoto Gp Long? I'll get that record and live in the glamour of WR-holding for like 5 minutes

LOL true true. Take the track/car that takes the most time to go around and practice. U'll get extra time of fame.

I still think ill go for Blackwood Track Reverse/ XRT cuz I can brag bout that more then UF1 on Kyoto GP Long.
I think I'll go for a race with FBM on BL1 or SO6 and still be embarisingly slow
Quote from ajp71 :I think I'll go for a race with FBM on BL1 or SO6 and still be embarisingly slow

LOL yeah once I get my 1:24 seconds of fame and taken a screen shot ill try the FBM but so many ppl are gunna be tryin it that the WRs wont last lol.
I have to join to conversation. Many peoples have been wondering how fast FBM is compaired to FOX, well considering that FOX is Formula Renault-alike.

Indeed FBM has 50hp less than FOX and only 35kg lighter, BUT it doesn't tell laptimes and speed of them.

I've compaired real FBMW laptimes to FRenault laptimes and here is example

In Brands Hatch qualifying top times:
Formula BMW / Fortec Motorsport 46.999
Formula Renault / Fortec Motorsport 46.983

Times are driven in same race weekend.

BUT considering that Brands Hatch is short and not so fast circuit, i've also put here times from other tracks, also driven at same race weekends.

Rockingham:
FBMW: 1.20.286
FRenault: 1.15.683

Croft:
FBMW: 1.22.535
FRenault: 1.17.176

Oulton Park:
FBMW: 1.24.296
FRenault: 1.19.621

So conclusion is, that... FOX is littlebit faster than FBM.
I bet that if i drive FOX in 1.08 laptime at Blackwood, that i would drive FBM in around 1.12

We will see it when patch comes, waiting for it. Sadly i will leave from home at friday morning, that means IF patch is released i could play it first time in sunday evening, kinda spoils my fun...
Quote from Jax_KiBez :
I bet that if i drive FOX in 1.08 laptime at Blackwood, that i would drive FBM in around 1.12

I'd say maybe in the high 1.12s or low 1.13s seeing as the RL difference is around 5 seconds.
Quote from evilpimp :I'd say maybe in the high 1.12s or low 1.13s seeing as the RL difference is around 5 seconds.

But remember that BL is shorter track. and laptimes in those tracks are 10 secs slower than BL
Quote from evilpimp :I'd say maybe in the high 1.12s or low 1.13s seeing as the RL difference is around 5 seconds.

It's no fixed amount of seconds, it's a percantage.. Assuming that those tracktimes are like 1:22 and Bl1 is 1:08, it will be 4 seconds..
edit: damn i'm slow
So the FOX and the FBM will be in the same class?

like TBO and GTR etc.
Quote from Jax_KiBez :But remember that BL is shorter track. and laptimes in those tracks are 10 secs slower than BL

Ahh... right and also if you have a ur FBM setup in a better way maybe ull get some extra time. Anyways the only way to know is to wait and see!
Quote from Takumi_lfs :So the FOX and the FBM will be in the same class?

like TBO and GTR etc.

I don't belive it would happen, because TBO and GTR are balanced to are equal in laptimes. And FOX and FBM aren't.
Quote from Jax_KiBez :I don't belive it would happen, because TBO and GTR are balanced to are equal in laptimes. And FOX and FBM aren't.

Maybe that Scawen can balance the FOX later (in a different patch/fix)
Ofcourse not.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Maybe that Scawen can balance the FOX later (in a different patch/fix)

Maybe, but somehow i don't belive it.
Well either ways even if its not in the same class they could still be used toghether in leagues with weight/intake restrictions.
Quote from Jax_KiBez :I don't belive it would happen, because TBO and GTR are balanced to are equal in laptimes. And FOX and FBM aren't.

TBO and GTR equal in laptimes?

In real racing classes like Formula Renault and Formula BMW are always single car championships so putting them in one class would be weird. No sense in making the FOX slower just to have different cars getting the same laptimes.
Quote from joen :TBO and GTR equal in laptimes?

In real racing classes like Formula Renault and Formula BMW are always single car championships so putting them in one class would be weird. No sense in making the FOX slower just to have different cars getting the same laptimes.

hmm.. that's a good point. But like evilpimp said you can handicap/restrictions the FOX in a server. That would be more fun.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :hmm.. that's a good point. But like evilpimp said you can handicap/restrictions the FOX in a server. That would be more fun.

It would be retard! Those car are not even close.
Why not try to balance the BF1 with the FOX while you're at it
Quote from Maelstrom :It would be retard! Those car are not even close.

or the XRR with the XRT!.

It's not stupid. It's just like FOX and FBM are like brothers!
Quote from Maelstrom :It would be retard! Those car are not even close.

Nah, try balancing the BF1 with the UF1
Quote from Jax_KiBez :
I've compaired real FBMW laptimes to FRenault laptimes and here is example

In Brands Hatch qualifying top times:
Formula BMW / Fortec Motorsport 46.999
Formula Renault / Fortec Motorsport 46.983

Are you sure those times aren't from a wet Formula Renault race, all the times I've seen have been around 4-5 seconds sower, granted it's a shorter, slower track but I'd still expect the Formula Renault to have no issue walking away from a Formula BMW.

Quote from Jax_KiBez :But remember that BL is shorter track. and laptimes in those tracks are 10 secs slower than BL

But it also has a long straight and no tight corners.
If you ever see a sanctioned race between Formula BMW's and Formula Renaults, please stop it. It would be dangerous, you don't race different class open wheel cars together IRL. Back markers in Formula One cause enough problems, imagine that kind of thing constantly, with smaller cars and less experienced drivers! Plus it goes against the whole idea of a "feeder" type series. You would have drivers switching cars for different tracks, teams complaining about equality, not to mention manufacturers trying to split the small marketing gain they are getting from a "feeder" open wheel series.

They are separate and "spec" for a reason in real life. The reasons apply to LFS as well; more predictable cars on track,better competition, equality and simplicity. That all adds up to better racing!
Well exactly how close is the FOX to the real-life Formula Renault? FOX could be a bit slower, which would put it in the same class as FBM
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG