The online racing simulator
Quote from marzman :What were the lines in the video in South City? (looked like the ideal line with green accelerating and red braking points).

Most likely they are the visualisation of the AI lap (green = throttle, red = brakes, yellow = coast), in other words the contents of a .knw file. It's a development tool for Scawen, to check how his programming works out on the track.

That means that the lines are NOT the ideal line, because the AI lines
- vary per AI driver
- depend on the setup
- will change while the AI learns
- will change during the race (since the AI now takes fuel weight and tyre condition into account)

Scawen could re-use the line-drawing code for an "ideal line" feature, but he'd need much more than that. It's pure speculation whether this will be in LFS soon.
Quote from three_jump :Live For Speed - The BMW Simulator

well, i do not like single seater too much, but is a good news..

if they are getting access to BMW F1 cars, WHY DONT THEY PUT THE M SERIES IN LFS?! like M1, M3, M5 and M6?!
thats could be wonderful!

still waiting for news :P

cheers, and merry Christmas.
New track COOL
Quote from Blackout :What astonishes me is the fact that nobody has make big fuzz about the fact that LFS and the FBMW are going to be featured on TV next year. I don't know what channel is that on, but it's still free air time for LFS!

Yes and what was that talk about finding new drivers, now that is something that interest for sure
"Live for Speed will be used as part of the selection process, before testing in real cars."

I wonder if they're going to recreate a LFS layout IRL for reference or vice-versa. I guess we'll find out whenever the TV show airs (or streams... or downloads... for some of us).
Quote from franky500 : I'm just gonna keep stalling at the start

That'll be me unintentually

Quote from DuDu_Drifter :
if they are getting access to BMW F1 cars, WHY DONT THEY PUT THE M SERIES IN LFS?! like M1, M3, M5 and M6?!
thats could be wonderful!

Agreed, M5 is one of my favourite cars. That and porsche 911 turbo
How about some that make LFS a little different from other racers?

Like the 1935-36 319. The 35 roadster looks cool
Or something like the CS (cool). Or the M8, since they liked it but didn't bother because of the small market.

Stuff that you can't find in < insert any modern racing sim/game here >.

That would be a dream
imagine what this is gonna do with lfs' number of people, being in this V1 series, on TV its going to start getting even more popular, that is if v1 credits lfs, can't wait till the next patch, et it out as soon as you can, also you could give us all a g25 so we can use clutch and shifter to make the most of your new features
If you've heard an M1 hacking it in real life, you won't need me to tell you how "thor the god of thunder gargling with a mouthful of red-lining m3s in a thunderstorm in a megaphone" that sounds

I've got some concerns about the BMW FB02...

no-wonder its only got 140hp, the engines are sealed and the only people who are allowed to go near them to service them are the same people who thought this monstrosity was a good idea :

Gosh Scarwen gets the rights to like every BMW car created, now all he has to do is convince them to make a BMW prototype car that almost rivals the Audi R what ever and the endurances whores will be set Or atleast design a BMW prototype in LFS that the BMW development team might take seriously and blah blah blah. Guess we'll have to wait and see what other cool features get implemented in the new year but come on New car woo
Quote from axus :Sadly there was a show racing line translation string that someone mentioned somewhere in the thread.

What's wrong with a racing line (if there will be one)?

I let a few people in my corridor at Uni try LFS out. The problem they had was knowing where to go and when to brake. Otherwise they would keep crashing.

I think an "ideal" line would be good for beginners, and get more people into the game. I say "ideal", as it only looks like the line the AI take.
Stop dreaming about shiny new BMW cars people.

/group slap
awesome news... i just got back into the game after several months of inactivity because i got a new computer, so this is a very pleasant surprise!
I wasn't dreaming, if anything, I was pointing out we really don't want SOME of them!

(although that 135i is bi-turbo and 3.5 litres in what is by modern standards quite a small car)
Dave - LFS should be getting rid of HUD stuff and the likes rather than adding it (IMO)! Rather than that I'm sure most people would prefer a pit board (*cough*hint*cough* ) so they can keep track of their times while running shift+F. That's the only reason I have shift+F button on my wheel - to keep track of laptimes during a race. Anyway, as long as it's replay only or single player only, it won't be too bad.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I understand that this was largely a development tool that, it seems, will make the public version - so it's not about development time, that's Scawen's business. I don't understand why it's making it into the public version though - my point is more about what features should make it into the public version. Funny thing is within days of starting to drive in-car and getting rid of as much of the HUD as possible, my laptimes improved significantly as did my consistency simply because of the improved immersion.
I definitely would much prefer a pit board and radio instead of all the HUD elements.
:banana::bannana_p:banana::bannana_p:banana::bannana_p:banana::bannana_p

Awesome
"thanks for watching I hope you enjoyed..."
HAHA thanks to YOU man ! great news great job

:banana::bannana_p:banana::bannana_p:banana::bannana_p:banana::bannana_p
it's peanut butter jelly time! :banana: Nice video Scawen! I even showed it to my parents and they were shocked!
Thankyou very much "drools", How fast does it go (Still downloading the video).
Quote from seinfeld :im just saying its a junior car, and really doesnt have a place in lfs, there is allready a underpowered open wheeler (fox) then a GP2/f3000 (F08) and then the F1, I would of preferd the caparo T1, or the one with the hyabusa engine (forget the name)

or time better spent on GFX which is the most lacking part of lfs now

im glad there are updates, but just not in the places I would of liked

there are some minor physics changes which I will welcome, and also some tyre phsX so will see if that improves the tyre wear, especially in the F1 car, the tyres are all wrong in that

Did the developers say they made this car to please us or rival another car in LFS? No, they made it because of buisness. LFS is a dictatorship, not a democracy.
Thankyou Scawen & Co. Fantastic news. I'm very very excited, the updates in this new patch are exactly what I have been wanting for some time now.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned that now cars have real redlines. This update has been asked for a long long time and now it's in along with the engine damage. Can't wait.... and xmas isn't exactly a long way away too.
#474 - xt
Best Wishes
I hope that our developer team will reach highest results, and simply be the best

p.s. it is a little bit painfull, that other car manufacturers are sleeping
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG