The online racing simulator
You guys probably haven't heard from me often but i was just notified by "NaPpY" about this (thankyou very much )

OMG I CAN'T WAIT haha
Excellent work Scawen, Eric, and Victor!
Many of us might not celebrate LFS with their family but online in the FB02
I wunder what its 3 letter name will be..

I reckon its guna be the FMB

Any bets for or against- PM me your bank account details(with P.I.Ns preferably) hehe
BF2 ftw
Fb2
I reckon FB2, sounds better than FB02 or V1 anyway IMO.

Quote from BlueFlame :Well it does, think of someone that is visually or audially impaired, to many extents they are a damaged human individual.

I some how see you making a retarded argument against the blindingly obvious that will only result in you pissing someone off
Quote from tailing :btw South City is already very bumpy, nothing in the vid suggested to me that it's any more so than before.

See the scene in the end of the video with FO8 going through the bumps... those really look like sharp bumps because it makes the car shake so much.

Altough there's a downside of more bumpy SO: now the other tracks will feel even more flat than they are now.

Quote from DaveWS :What's wrong with a racing line (if there will be one)?

I let a few people in my corridor at Uni try LFS out. The problem they had was knowing where to go and when to brake. Otherwise they would keep crashing.

I think an "ideal" line would be good for beginners, and get more people into the game. I say "ideal", as it only looks like the line the AI take.

But these people, like your friends at the uni, are not the main audience of sim games.

I also suspected that it's just the Ghostcar mod but because I've never used it wasn't sure... so is it that or not? Still there are those "show racing line" texts on the language file.
Quote from deggis :Still there are those "show racing line" texts on the language file.

That has always been there. That is the racing 'groove' or dark markings on the track.
Oh! *phew*
I hope there is no new racing line thing, unless they keep it offline.
Wonder if there's any chance of an updated CMX viewer before the patch so we can hit the track properly dressed.

I'm right in thinking this has happened before aren't I ?
Quote from Bean0 :Wonder if there's any chance of an updated CMX viewer before the patch so we can hit the track properly dressed.

I think I said this earlier in this thread, but here it is again: I think we will get the Viewer after the interiors are done, not before.
Quote from deggis :See the scene in the end of the video with FO8 going through the bumps... those really look like sharp bumps because it makes the car shake so much.

Altough there's a downside of more bumpy SO: now the other tracks will feel even more flat than they are now.

Are we back on the tracks being not bumpy again?

Watching the video, especially the UFR's at the end, every one of those bumps are already there on the track. I don't see anything unusual about the FB02 footage. It all looks like the normal SO tracks to me. SO does not need more bumps and really, the other tracks don't either. If you want to "see" the bumps better, then turn up the g-force effects.
Damn.

I think we can all say this is probably going to be the best S2 patch update in a LONG time!

So this is how the team works now? They purposely torture us for months and months with not so much as a new bug-fix patch, then throw a huge update at us that would change the way LFS is looked at? I like

Can't wait.
thank god new content, i was almost giving up hope :P i'm still gonna say it, bring on S3
an incredible game
Scawen great notice! Its unbeliavable to see that! LFS definitevly rocks, can you believe a team call them and say...hey I just want to see my car on your game!

thanks
Quote from Mithras :Damn.

I think we can all say this is probably going to be the best S2 patch update in a LONG time!

I see things a little differently. I could care less about another single seater. And, I doubt I'll be getting a clutch to use in the lifetime of LFS. I'm glad it is happening though, because like the BF1 and Michillen tires (I spelled that wrong, didn't I, and no I don't mean tires!) with the last physics and tire updates, the new car gave Scawen information for updating the gearbox simulation.

Nah, I think I probably will be able to say I was happier with the 32 car grid patch and the patch that brought all the cool new stuff with insim. But you never know what is in the patch until it is out. It was only speculation about Avon banners that brought about some talk of tires. But, that was DoN's loaded textures, so it doesn't mean anything.
Took long enough. But it was worth the wait IMO
Quote from Tweaker :That has always been there. That is the racing 'groove' or dark markings on the track.

Okay, that explains it then. But still can someone confirm if that's Kege's Ghostcar mod in the video?

Quote from geeman1 :I think I said this earlier in this thread, but here it is again: I think we will get the Viewer after the interiors are done, not before.

Done? I understood that they won't be done until the next patch (to be released after Patch Y). Altough this is very unclear way to say it:

Many forum users will have been expecting the finished GTR racing car interiors to be included, as that was originally planned for Patch Y. But the Formula BMW caused a change of plans, so those much anticipated interiors aren't quite ready yet. Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

Quote from Hallen :Are we back on the tracks being not bumpy again?

Watching the video, especially the UFR's at the end, every one of those bumps are already there on the track. I don't see anything unusual about the FB02 footage. It all looks like the normal SO tracks to me. SO does not need more bumps and really, the other tracks don't either. If you want to "see" the bumps better, then turn up the g-force effects.

The UFR section yes, that has been even one of Don's previous slomo vids but that FO8 scene in the end looks something new - and the shaking driver's head?

Probably wrong thread to argue about this but that g-force effect explanation is not bulletproof. It doesn't make the car shake any more when you watch the car in tv cam replay. And except the very few bump spots mainly in SO (talking about now "old" SO) and Aston, you feel nothing through FFB. Anyone who's thinking the tracks are literally bumpy, may I suggest watching a modern GT car go around Sebring...
A few more bumps wouldn't go amiss, especially at Aston where a bit of rippling in the braking zones where the Formula cars and GTRs have rucked up the tarmac like carpet would be just T-rific.
Liars!!!! Liars!!!!!! link it dead!!!!!

EDIT : nvm.. didnt see the other mirrors
Quote from mrodgers :I see things a little differently. I could care less about another single seater. And, I doubt I'll be getting a clutch to use in the lifetime of LFS. I'm glad it is happening though, because like the BF1 and Michillen tires (I spelled that wrong, didn't I, and no I don't mean tires!) with the last physics and tire updates, the new car gave Scawen information for updating the gearbox simulation.

Nah, I think I probably will be able to say I was happier with the 32 car grid patch and the patch that brought all the cool new stuff with insim. But you never know what is in the patch until it is out. It was only speculation about Avon banners that brought about some talk of tires. But, that was DoN's loaded textures, so it doesn't mean anything.

No, I was talking about the little things, like engine stalling, clutch overheating, improved damage and crash physics, stuff like that. To me, adding another car is OK, but it's the little things that count. I'm especially excited to see how the engine stalling will turn out. The smallest things amuse me
Quote from mrodgers :I see things a little differently. I could care less about another single seater. And, I doubt I'll be getting a clutch to use in the lifetime of LFS. I'm glad it is happening though, because like the BF1 and Michillen tires with the last physics and tire updates, the new car gave Scawen information for updating the gearbox simulation.

How did the Michelin tyres have any influence on LFS' tyre model? Afaik, the only thing we have from them is a tyre sidewall texture. Also I see a much brighter future for the FB02 compared to the BF1, simply because the latter is impossible to drive competitively for the largest part of the user base. I think the big GTR class is the very limit of what power/weight ratio is usable online, anything above that is already too hard for Joe public. So at least it is a single seater addition that will actually be used.

(PS: couldn't care less :razz
Quote from Mithras :improved damage and crash physics

Where do you have that from? It's nowhere mentioned in Scawen's post or the video.
Quote from Tweaker :That has always been there. That is the racing 'groove' or dark markings on the track.

rubbish
those are new strings and they come with a keybind somewhere in the options screen along with the replay binds to switch the line on and off
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG