The online racing simulator
Wow brilliant news. I'd of thought with a restricted FOX there could be some interesting bike vs. car engine single seater racing as well
Sweeeet
Too late for that, I'm going to the army on Tuesday.

Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers!

We are pleased to announce that there will be a new patch before Christmas. This patch will contain AI and physics improvements, updated Blackwood and South City tracks and... a new real car - The Formula BMW FB02!

The story behind the new car is that there is a new UK based company called V1 Championship whose aim is to discover a new racing driver through a series of tests resulting in a place in a team for the winning driver. V1 will be launched in 2008 and shown on TV in the UK. Live for Speed will be used as part of the selection process, before testing in real cars. V1 asked us to create a Formula BMW to make this test as realistic as possible. BMW Motorsport gave us permission to build the car in LFS, so we went ahead and built it.

The V1 car is owned by Fortec Motorsport where V1 is based. Thanks to V1 and Fortec, I was able to get a test day driving the Formula BMW and that helped a lot with the realism of the LFS version of the car.

Many forum users will have been expecting the finished GTR racing car interiors to be included, as that was originally planned for Patch Y. But the Formula BMW caused a change of plans, so those much anticipated interiors aren't quite ready yet. Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

We can't give an exact date for the release yet but it will be before Christmas. Right now you can watch a video of my test day and footage of the car in LFS. Thanks to DoN for making the video. Click the link below to download it. If it doesn't play on your computer, just visit www.divx.com and install the free DivX player.

www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_FBMW_LORES.zip (30 MB)
www.lfs.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_FBMW_HIRES.zip (69 MB)

We hope you enjoy the video and we look forward to releasing the patch, which is currently being thoroughly tested!

WOOOOOOOOW Nice work, cant wait
Live For Speed - The BMW Simulator
Quote from Leifde :*stares at video downloading at 284kb/s* QUICKER, QUICKER!

im only downloading at 55
Woaaah! Some awesome stuff in the video, Eric was there too I think. Sounds like the awesomest patch evah!

Quote from three_jump :Live For Speed - The BMW Simulator

Yeah, my first thoughts too.
NICE!!!
I love you!
:faint2::faint: Great news! Cant wait!
For what looked like a very fun day, Scawen doesn't sound very enthusiastic.

Cool vid though. Good to see Eric is alive and Leo is walking.
:elefant:
yey!!
I already see Bawbag as the winner of the V1.
Anyone else?
Quote from noel_cr ::elefant:

That's exactly how I felt

edit: Eric's wearing an LFS T-Shirt ofcourse!
Wuuhu! Thanks to the team - great christmas gift
and since BMW owns the nurburgring... scawwwennnn get it into LFS or i'm gonna cut my wrist.
Quote from james12s :im only downloading at 55

hm 130

Jiha a new car
I´m lovin it LFS for ever
I hope Jakg makes it through. Will be funny to see him roll the V1
Out of interest will some real world setups be included? It would be nice have a true comparison of real world and LFS setup philosophy.
Thank you almighty one! :banana:

edit: i just hope that people still use the FOX.
just wondering, any other non-SS cars?
Very much looking forward to this patch. Keep it up Scavier.
Quote from Bob Smith :For what looked like a very fun day, Scawen doesn't sound very enthusiastic.

He is a coder, not a TV presenter.

But how about the FOX? It's rather close in terms of stats, so is there any point having two low powered winged formula cars? FOX might actually be a bit faster, it has a bit more power and could put BMW to shame, although the tires on the BMW seem a bit fatter.

Would be cool if FOX could be made to a wingless car, like formula Ford type of thing.

edit.

Did anyone notice the dirt on the "windshield" of the new BMW? I wonder if that if that is the default texture? http://www.lfs.net/page_images/pics/fbm_shot02.jpg

Got to stop the dreaming. Now.
Presumably this slots in beneath the FOX performance wise?

Thanks for the update!
Wow! Thanks a lot to the development teams efforts, nice video too DoN!

I think this car will be between the FOX and FO8, or it could be a contender for the FOX.

Clutch physics! Whoo!
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG