The online racing simulator
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Presumably this slots in beneath the FOX performance wise?

Yeah, it has ~50hp less than the FOX.
Hmmm very nice... Id expected something else, still waiting for some new tracks ASAP...

Anyways we got our christmass gift...

Thanks Scawen and peeps....
Now that is a nice present for Xmas
Quote from geeman1 :Yeah, it has ~50hp less than the FOX.

Might be worth adjusting the FOX power up a bit in that case.
Quote from geeman1 :Yeah, it has ~50hp less than the FOX.

Didn't see that, just found this on the BMW site:

Quote :The racing car has been used since 2002 and, in particular, represents the benchmark in the safety technology area: The single-seater with its 140 bhp BMW engine, accelerating the car to a top speed of 230 km/h, exceeds the safety standards the International Automobile Association, the FIA, has stipulated for its category and even meets Formula One standards. The single-seater rescue seat, FORS, was especially developed by BMW Motorsport for this series and the HANS safety system is compulsory for all the drivers.

Brilliant, keep up the good work
#57 - BURN
WoooooHHHHHOOOOO
Woo - New, updated Blackwood. (new configs - I guess not, but never mind!) By the time it's released, I might have S2 aswell!

Keep up the good work!
Nice.

I wonder if we will get something similar to this again on the forum.
im officially excited about lfs again after watching this
and extremely jealous
#61 - tpa
Mh, I believe we're killing the server. My download stalled at 75% ... anyone care for setting up a torrent?

Pics look awesome
Well, time to go to lfs.net and sit there while hitting f5 for a month waiting for the pach!
All these times I think it's going to be "just another patch" there always has to be something to blow me away. Brilliant work
Quote from Blackout :
But how about the FOX? It's rather close in terms of stats, so is there any point having two low powered winged formula cars? FOX might actually be a bit faster, it has a bit more power and would put BMW to shame.

The FOX should be a lot faster. You can check Formula Renault vs. Formula BMW laptimes for yourself. The pole times round Donington for Formula Renault UK was 1.06.5 and 1.10.7 for Formula BMW. Driving standards may be slightly greater in Formula Renault but that certainly doesn't make over 4 seconds a lap difference
I'm not a huge fan of the F1 cars but I enjoyed a lot the Fox. This new formula seems to be pretty nice and accesible. Mr Scawen, you did an exellent job as usualy!

I'm also glad to see that the IA is improved. Even if LFS is a multiplayer game, I drove a lot with the IA since I wasn't able to join the internet players. Anyway, thanks for this news!
Quote from zeugnimod :
I wonder if we will get something similar to this again on the forum.

Well, Scawen already dropped rather many spoilers in the first post and the video. So I doubt it, and it's probably against Geneva convention anyway.
Looking forward to the new patch New car .. new physics ! woot
Nice to see there's going to be a new car!

Quote from Scawen :
Anyway, the FZ, XR and XF GTR and road car interiors are near complete and will be released as soon as possible.

Care to elaborate on that please? So does this mean that all cars interiors are getting updated? And it also means that the 2 next patches are going to be physics-wise incompatible?
What a tease!!!!
Great news
Quote from Blackout :Well, Scawen already dropped rather many spoilers in the first post and the video. So I doubt it, and it's probably against Geneva convention anyway.

But there's no exact date so I guess we will get a rather long thread waiting for it.
#72 - Dmt
Awsome, first thing im gonna do, is overheathing the clutch
Good news
I wanna win this test! i wanna drive as fast as mooney!
Quote from zeugnimod :But there's no exact date so I guess we will get a rather long thread waiting for it.

Yeah, if you meant if we are going to have a 51 page about it, sure, no problem. I though you meant the sort of teasing they did with the April patch back then and if we are going to have that, which was how the thread you pointed out started.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG