The online racing simulator
Ya Wee Dancer
How good is all this then?

10/10 devs

Snuck in a new car and track variant that most people weren't expecting (yet, anyway :shy plus some nice new damage/physics models to enhance the experience with my spanking new G25.....

Yabba Dabba Doo
If there will be a coorperation with BMW and LFS then I want this one:

I am so excited about the new patch....
Quote from Blackout :Stop dreaming about shiny new BMW cars people.

/group slap

Agree, 2002ti in other hand, now that would be a real car and not feminine thing that matches your handbag
OMFG!!

I can't wait!
Quote from JTbo :Agree, 2002ti in other hand, now that would be a real car and not feminine thing that matches your handbag

agreed.
Quote from Alric :Thankyou Scawen & Co. Fantastic news. I'm very very excited, the updates in this new patch are exactly what I have been wanting for some time now.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned that now cars have real redlines. This update has been asked for a long long time and now it's in along with the engine damage. Can't wait.... and xmas isn't exactly a long way away too.

Where in the video or in his posts did he say engine damage , i only recall him saying more engine inertia.
It's amazing how quickly people make things up that they want to hear but were never actually mentioned
Quote from AndroidXP :It's amazing how quickly people make things up that they want to hear but were never actually mentioned

So true. But I, for one, am looking forward to racing tortoises with realistic shell damage.
He said you can stall the engine, and the clutch can overheat, with both these added together, I would say that pretty much covers the term : Engine Damage. Specifically drivetrain or w/e ask a random person who knows nothing about anything, and they would say the same.
yay! looks like more fun
@Blueflame: But neither IS engine damage. Not even the combination. Engine stalling isn't even damage to begin with, and the clutch is a separate part altogether - we don't even know if clutch damage will be implemented, or just temporary clutch slipping problems due to overheating.

Ignorance is not a valid excuse, or at least it warrants being corrected, which is what happened.
Well to be, any kind of damage in an imparity, and clutch overheating and engine stalling are imparities of a technical nature , but i definatly see your point Android
Before I forget:

Another great one done by DoN!!!!!

excellent work! :up:

(would be great to see a 'making of' with outtakes and all )
Damage maybe an imparity, but that doesn't mean all imparities are damage!
:huepfenic
Quote from Thorvertonian :Damage maybe an imparity, but that doesn't mean all imparities are damage!

Well it does, think of someone that is visually or audially impaired, to many extents they are a damaged human individual.
This is like tyre heat vs tyre wear. You can restore tyre heat back to normal once the tyres overheat but there's no way for the tread to become thicker again. One is damage and is permanent. The other is an impairity and is temporary.
Quote from axus :This is like tyre heat vs tyre wear. You can restore tyre heat back to normal once the tyres overheat but there's no way for the tread to become thicker again. One is damage and is permanent. The other is an impairity and is temporary.

But if you really heat up tyres that will effect tyres features too, it looses flexibility a bit and will loose grip overall even it is cooled down, you can even 'boil' surface of tyre to make it pretty much bad,

Same way overheat affects clutch too, non wear related way.
Shit Its So Good
Wow relly good work
i cant wait for it
Quote from JTbo :But if you really heat up tyres that will effect tyres features too, it looses flexibility a bit and will loose grip overall even it is cooled down, you can even 'boil' surface of tyre to make it pretty much bad,

Same way overheat affects clutch too, non wear related way.

But we don't know if that's modelled on the clutch.
Quote from axus :But we don't know if that's modelled on the clutch.

Yep, we can't indeed, I do hope that it is but maybe that would be going too much in detail, maybe it is made so that damage/wear covers it
#498 - PSX
100 laps on your first time in a single-seater... and a brilliant new gearbox update (one that I've waited for, for some time) - simply outstanding!

Many thanks Scawen, Eric and Victor - and keep up the good work!

PSX
will car damage get fixed in this patch?
Not long left !!
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG