The online racing simulator
Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :My thoughts cockpits are mostly textures so can be done compatible.

Scawen has said in the past that the new cockpits will require an incompatible patch. When the polygons in the cars change, it affects physics and replays.
Quote from Racer556 :Ferrari Project, an ISI division made game, wich looks really neat in pics, but I belive it'll be as all ISI games good graphics, a lot of publicity (not yet though), and it's been published, wich is a clue that they want ppl to buy it! As all ISI games... pretty popsim

Actually it's a Lizard engine game, I believe.
Quote from Cue-Ball :Scawen has said in the past that the new cockpits will require an incompatible patch. When the polygons in the cars change, it affects physics and replays.

I'm a bit confused as to why changing cockpits would result in incompatibility, it's hardly changing the collision boxes is it? My guess is there are probably exterior updates penciled in to be released at the same time
Quote from joen :It's funny how some people on the boards are talking about how LFS needs to make bigger steps because the competition will beat them, and in the future PC's will be faster, more will be possible, etc.
The fact is that people have been saying this for years, yet noone or nothing has delivered. Drivers Republic: canned. nKPro: no explanation needed. rFactor: still crap, outdated technology. I don't see a big change in that in the upcoming years.

How about the iRacing project? Same people working on it as with the Nascar and GPL. They look serious too.

EDIT: PLUSS... we got that racing legends project that's being worked on
Quote from ajp71 :I'm a bit confused as to why changing cockpits would result in incompatibility, it's hardly changing the collision boxes is it? My guess is there are probably exterior updates penciled in to be released at the same time

2.5 years and we still won't get all the cockpits for Patch Y and you're expecting exteriors also?
Quote from ajp71 :I'm a bit confused as to why changing cockpits would result in incompatibility, it's hardly changing the collision boxes is it?

scawen said something about issues arising from moving the player model as little as a few cm to one side (i guess thats mostly cog related)

about that new pc thing... he does have a point as far as erics work is concerned
the more advanced graphics cards and the engine get the more work eric will have to do
a high poly model with some high res textures takes time and seeing how long it took or rather takes him to update the gtr cockpits adding more work with more pixels and more polys to place it could become a problem
Quote from Tokartta :Actually it's a Lizard engine game, I believe.

That's SimBin, this Ferrari game is from Blimey Games (most of the "old" SimBin, before the team split). In Autosimsport they said it's not ISI-based but "it uses suspension stuff and some other aspects of the ISI engine", whatever that means...
Sunday is the day!!
Oh, let's hope it!
Quote from Racer556 :Ferrari Project, an ISI division made game, wich looks really neat in pics, but I belive it'll be as all ISI games good graphics, a lot of publicity (not yet though), and it's been published, wich is a clue that they want ppl to buy it! As all ISI games... pretty popsim

I thought that game was made already? . Something like Ferrari Challenge where Bruno Senna was involved in helping with the physics.

EDIT: Realised its a seperate game, sorry :doh:

Where'd you get the pics?
Quote from deggis :That's SimBin, this Ferrari game is from Blimey Games (most of the "old" SimBin, before the team split). In Autosimsport they said it's not ISI-based but "it uses suspension stuff and some other aspects of the ISI engine", whatever that means...

thats marketing speak for yes, it does use the isi engine as a base for the physics.
It seems that people have yet to experience the new patch and are disapointed already, I say 'don't look a gift hores in the mouth', just accept that this patch is comming and hope that they keep comming.
Quote from deggis :That's SimBin, this Ferrari game is from Blimey Games (most of the "old" SimBin, before the team split). In Autosimsport they said it's not ISI-based but "it uses suspension stuff and some other aspects of the ISI engine", whatever that means...

I read that as we've made a new menu screen that won't work and added some silly graphical effects to make it less accessible to slower PCs whilst not actually bothering to change the physics engine.
Quote from three_jump :Live For Speed - The BMW Simulator

haha. that's exactly what I was thinking too. let me guess: one of the next added cars will be either a front engine, RWD coupe with 350ish horsepowers or an unbelievably heavy V8-roadster with 400 horsepowers.

... or a scooter with a roof??

anyway, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the patch.
X, Y, Z movement in forced cockpit view?
Anyone heard anything about the possibility of some (albeit limited) X, Y, Z movement in forced cockpit view?

Check out the interview with Scawen in AutoSimSport's Volume3 Issue 5 (the interview starts on p33 but talk of FCV starts on p38, centre column, bottom paragraph)

http://www.autosimsport.net/backissues.php

(It's a downloadable .pdf by the way)
Quote from dungbeetle :Anyone heard anything about the possibility of some (albeit limited) X, Y, Z movement in forced cockpit view?

Check out the interview with Scawen in AutoSimSport's Volume3 Issue 5 (the interview starts on p33 but talk of FCV starts on p38, centre column, bottom paragraph)

http://www.autosimsport.net/backissues.php

(It's a downloadable .pdf by the way)

Still non functioning ASS dowloads ...
I think the reason Scawen has been vague about the patch release date is beacuse he doesn't want 100000000 people clogging the server, because he gave an exact date on the release.
but they are clogging it anyway
cant wait for the X patch release!!! fb02 will be awesome!
you mean patch Y
X patch has been released Months ago, maybe you mean Y.
Quote from Fabri91 :X patch has been released Months ago, maybe you mean Y.

beat ya to it.
I still are very excited when I get SMS, but it`s not from the right sender damnit! ><
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG