The online racing simulator
Awesome news! I simply haven't felt the need/urge to reinstall LFS for a long time now. It's good to know that the development hasn't frozen...

I personally love the inclusion of the Formula BMW car. It should prove to give close racing with the excitement of open wheel racing I also can't wait to skin this baby - I asked about getting the skin proior to release here but have had no response yet.

Oh and on the racing line topic - how so many people fail at comprehending the context in the video is beyond me. I thought it was obviously a debugging tool to demonstrate the AI's new racing line calculations. Did everyone watch this video without sound or something?
There was sound?!

I do too however want the Formula BMW for the CMX viewer, so I can make my sexy skin for launch.
Ideal Raceline
Quote from trackah123 :In that case it should be an admin option

Ideal Raceline On/Off.

Something like that i think?

I thought it was a debugging tool to demonstrate the AI's new racing line calculations.
at least give us the default skin to make a start anyway. I have all the resource photos ready, I just need a canvas!

pretty please!
Here Burnsie, here's some canvas', just for you!

Very nice video boys
Great work
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Here Burnsie, here's some canvas', just for you!

Haha

I wonder if we'll get more BMW/other real cars in LFS?

DK
Quote from Woz :
I have to say though that I doubt the new V1 series will be that big IRL TBH. The A1 series has not grown that big and that has country based teams which makes it easier for people to get behind and support drivers. This will be another minor F? series.

The way I read it this V1 is likely to be some kind of TV talent show type thing presumably with the prize being a season in Formula BMW UK. It sounds mainly like general entertainment and not likely to actually produce a future star.

A1 GP was started as a general entertainment type idea but I think they went wrong when they went for far too sophisticated and expensive cars and tried and failed to make it high profile instantly.
Quote from BrandonAGr :Can't wait!

thanks for the gramma

any news about damage or AI without fuel stalled on track?
Quote from ajp71 :The way I read it this V1 is likely to be some kind of TV talent show type thing presumably with the prize being a season in Formula BMW UK. It sounds mainly like general entertainment and not likely to actually produce a future star.

Wonder if it will be Simon and Paula judging it, ala American Idol

What is it going to be? Who wants to be a Race Car Driver?
Great Work LFS Team!!!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Haha

I wonder if we'll get more BMW/other real cars in LFS?

DK

Personally i'm hopeing for any of these:
Farrari, Porsche, Koenigsegg CCX, Lamboghini, Bmw m series, Veyron.

But no matter what happens I'm sure that Live For Speed will continue setting a new high!!!
Great work LFS team!!!!!!!!!:banana:
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :Personally i'm hopeing for any of these:
Farrari, Porsche, Koenigsegg CCX, Lamboghini, Bmw m series, Veyron.

But no matter what happens I'm sure that Live For Speed will continue setting a new high!!!
Great work LFS team!!!!!!!!!:banana:

You sure have high expectations.

Keep dreaming about those cars.
Quote from Riders Motion :You must have a good laught when taking your shower...

Shut up. It's called dysfunction

In regards to when I said improved crash and damage physics, I meant physics in general. But I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the crash engine was improved and will detect impacts better..?

And about the racing line.. Why the hell would you want a fat green line running around the track just to tell you where you should be heading? I don't care if the reason for an optimal-line-indicator would even be there just for beginner drivers; a plain old green line sitting on the track so blatantly obvious is just stupid. Maybe integrate it into the road textures like some "hidden" driving lines already are now, but an actual line around the track, no. I agree with BBT, maybe it's just one of Scawen's debugging tools.
About that racing line: You will only be able to disable it, if the servers owner is the step-brother of scawens buddy down the street, who has set the server to mrt only and asked Phlos how to enable more than 32 cars. Else the line will always be on!

If the green line is kegetys ghost car mod, then its not just a fat green line, it shows where you brake and where you start to hit the throttle. It also does NOT show the racing line, but the line you took when the fastest lap was recorded.
I used this when trying to beat my pb's and was amazed how much later I could brake, how sooner I could get on the gas and by getting a much better line through the corners.
Arcadey definitely, but as an offline tool to learn the tracks, usefull IMO.

Andrew

Edit:

What I meant to say was whether the green line was based on kegetys ghost car mod. Scawen may have some other info going on in there......
"3g_shftffjo ff stick"

I'm guessing this is related to being able to use an FF joystick as an H-shifter? Would be awesome!
Quote from axus :"3g_shftffjo ff stick"

I'm guessing this is related to being able to use an FF joystick as an H-shifter? Would be awesome!

That line is already there in older versions
It's probably just me, but I'm getting a CRC error in the lfs.net hires zip.

Scawen already had some pre S2 experiments (I think it was pre S2) with an FF Joystick as an shifter, so this might be an old translation string.
Quote :but as an offline tool to learn the tracks, usefull IMO.

Part of the thrill of LFS is learning for yourself the best line through experience. Also, there's the replay analyser which can show the ideal (wr) line against your own. Bit more fiddly than having it all laid out with a line on the track, but more satisfying as well when you've had a success.

I thought we had that option already? At least, I remember Scawen talking about working on it.
Quote from Breizh :It's probably just me, but I'm getting a CRC error in the lfs.net hires zip.

do not unzip, just rename to .avi
Great news, great video!

So if I block the driven wheels, it will stall too? Now that will add something new to the racing! Nice!
Yes, but when you come off the brakes and unlock the wheels, the engine will effectively be bump started anyway, so it won't change much there. The new inertia of the engines might cause the driven wheels to cause some crazy handling though
Quote from Vykos69 :About that racing line: You will only be able to disable it, if the servers owner is the step-brother of scawens buddy down the street, who has set the server to mrt only and asked Phlos how to enable more than 32 cars. Else the line will always be on!

We know you have insight knowledge, but you just couldn't give simple yes/no? So is this the "no" answer then?
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG