The online racing simulator
Quote from thisnameistaken :Still the funniest thing I've ever seen on the internet. Watching Tristan run the gamut of emotion in the blink of an eye; confusion, fear, shame, and finally giggling. It paralleled the more common scenario that a mother catches her son embroiled in.

Singing or getting caught with 2 girls in your room watching movies?!
Probably movies with 2 girls, but you're alone.
Jeff, my name isn't Jakg.
Quote from h3adbang3r :I use a SideWinder FFB. The only thing wrong with it right now is the shift buttons behind the wheel occasionally double/triple shifting on me. Nothing wrong with the pedals.

Hah, my Sidewinder does the same thing. Unfortunately it usually happens when I'm downshifting from 3rd (= sudden shift into 1st and DWB rocketing backward off the track).
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Hah, my Sidewinder does the same thing. Unfortunately it usually happens when I'm downshifting from 3rd (= sudden shift into 1st and DWB rocketing backward off the track).

My MOMO used to do that, and then the paddle broke, and then the gas pedal...
Wow, whatever happened to this thread, but this is getting really ridiculous. Can't you guys just wait until the patch is released and then complain about it's little flaws, if there are any. Right now it's all just speculation. I really would like to hear what Scawen thinks about this thread he created, I'm sure he never intended this to be the hell it has become.

Early morning, before school, a lot of coffee.
Quote from Riders Motion :I think it's a limiter or smth... It's not a shifter anyway, it CAN'T be a shifter

Are you smoking something or were you dropped on your head as a child?

Quote from thisnameistaken :Still the funniest thing I've ever seen on the internet. Watching Tristan run the gamut of emotion in the blink of an eye; confusion, fear, shame, and finally giggling. It paralleled the more common scenario that a mother catches her son embroiled in.

Quote from tristancliffe :Because they can't use the simulation properly anyway - without a wheel there are WAY better games to play. If you don't know the tracks then you learn - just like in real life. No need for twatty driving lines displayed. I consider it tantermount (sp?) to cheating - especially if used during hotlapping.

I hope LFS isn't accessible to everyone. We have a niche product, and it should stay that way. Elitist? Yes, but so is real life. If you are stupid you become a dustman, if you are clever you become a doctor etc. Don't ever try and convince me that life isn't elitist. The only people that do are the people that suffer because of it - tough shit!

nK's problem isn't the hardcore stuff (I think that is great), but the fact that it's so bug ridden as to be a waste of time trying it. LFS does have that problem, as Scawen remains part of the community. Kunos doesn't give a shit.

No it's not. You've been bitten by the political correctness bug, and are becoming a wanker with it. If you are disabled and can't use a wheel, then play other games with controllers designed for your abilities. Or design a controller that works with LFS and your abilities. If you are poor then save up. If you don't have space then sell some shit - it only takes up a tiny bit of space!

The fact is that the more cruisers and NFS type people that play LFS, the more the reputation of LFS is watered down. The more keyboard/mouse/joystick support that is added/kept waters down the reputation of LFS.

If you don't like the generally elitist attitude, then no one is forcing you to play LFS. No one is forcing you to buy a wheel. It's merely suggested that if you want a vaguely realistic experience you HAVE to have a wheel.

I'll take the sim nobody plays EVERY time. Obviously it will have some arcade features - it's a computer game, so it has to, but minimising them is a good thing. Let's not pander to the people who aren't really after a hardcore simulation - rFactor, GT4, NFS etc cater for them, so there is plenty of space for a hardcore, niche product that only attracts the ultimate in geeks. And I bet a lot of people secretly agree with me (in part, at least ).

i am disabled and find that insulting so you think disabled people should only play games disigned for disabled people or should we just stick to Solitaire

you just seem to hate every thing expect yourself but imho you got your head stuck up your own arse
I never said that. I said that if you can't use a wheel then either try a different game/controller, or don't expect LFS to give you help making you quick.

In real life if you wanted to drive a race car (I have no idea what disability you have - could be an ingrowing toenail or no legs at all, or anything in between) then you'd have to make serious modifications to be able to drive, or just not drive at all. Why should LFS be that much different. If you can't use pedals, then hand throttle/brakes are possible, if you can't steer then there is always vague support for mouse/keyboard (just don't expect them to be very good ways of controlling a car).

I find it insulting that a) you just use the disabled word, which is so meaningless and overused and b) you failed to read/understand what I'd written, or the meaning within.
Quote from h3adbang3r :I use a SideWinder FFB. The only thing wrong with it right now is the shift buttons behind the wheel occasionally double/triple shifting on me. Nothing wrong with the pedals.

Know what you mean. If you have some hardware experience, you can replace the micro switches behind the wheel. It worked like new for me.

Oh and sorry , I would just like to thank you Scavier on this great addition. I can't wait to get my hands on this car
Quote from GTR_Yuni :AI leaving pits for practice and quali is nice and all, but do they pit when their fuel is low?

I still haven't heard an answer on this question ?????
If the AI's don't pit for refuel or change tyres they are still useless for long races...

But the AI's behavior is still a big step forward....
You can delete double posts you know!

I'm sure if the AI can pit, drive through the pitlane, and are aware of fuel and tyre conditions then I'd put money on them being able to refuel and pit in.
I was wondering about that too - there's only mention of them entering the pits at the end of a session and adapting to the condition of their tyres and fuel load. But I'd assume that since practice doesn't really "end" as a session that one of the adaptations they do to a diminishing fuel load is heading in for a replenishment.
I wonder if they can calculate their own fuel load or will they just spam "fuel?? plz!" every new combo.
Now that I think of it - which pitbox will they choose to stop in? Are they assigned one or will they just choose the first free one? And will they rear-end players out of pitboxes they think are free? The plot thickens and teeth chatter in suspense.
Id be guessing that the AI use the pit box that they would have normally driven out of or something like that. If not it could be down to grid position and when it gets down to X it goes back to the top of the order and the cycle goes on.
Quote from tristancliffe :I never said that. I said that if you can't use a wheel then either try a different game/controller, or don't expect LFS to give you help making you quick.

In real life if you wanted to drive a race car (I have no idea what disability you have - could be an ingrowing toenail or no legs at all, or anything in between) then you'd have to make serious modifications to be able to drive, or just not drive at all. Why should LFS be that much different. If you can't use pedals, then hand throttle/brakes are possible, if you can't steer then there is always vague support for mouse/keyboard (just don't expect them to be very good ways of controlling a car).

I find it insulting that a) you just use the disabled word, which is so meaningless and overused and b) you failed to read/understand what I'd written, or the meaning within.

i have a spinal injury (c5 tetraplegic) with no hand movment and limited arm movment and no movment from the chest down
nd btw i have never asked for extra from lfs

may i suggest you read throug your posts before you post them as they come over as insulting
It appears your head is buried in the sand, tristancliffe. Your words are incredibly ignorant and selfish, and that's not an insult that's a fact.
Quote from boyracer1981 :i have a spinal injury (c5 tetraplegic) with no hand movment and limited arm movment and no movment from the chest down

I know someone who had the same injury from diving into the shallow end of a pool, but was lucky enough to make a full recovery (although she's still just as clumsy and will probably break her neck again if she's not careful). I have to ask: How do you currently control LFS?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I know someone who had the same injury from diving into the shallow end of a pool, but was lucky enough to make a full recovery (although she's still just as clumsy and will probably break her neck again if she's not careful). I have to ask: How do you currently control LFS?

i dived in a river

i use a trackir with mouse emulation space bar to go and right mouse button to stop
Quote from Burnzoire :It appears your head is buried in the sand, tristancliffe. Your words are incredibly ignorant and selfish, and that's not an insult that's a fact.

Don't worry - I wouldn't take is an insult anyway. I'm me, and if you're okay with that then great, and if not then tough. Sorry. I'm not going to become PC just because it's PC.
Nasty injury.

One thing to remember is that Tristan does indeed come across selfish, because that is what HE wants from a sim.

Why should you or anyone else care what Tristan wants from the sim?, surely all that matters is that the development team make a sim that caters for YOUR needs, not Tristan or anyone elses needs.

Just remember that Tristan is thinking about what he wants, just because he says things should change, it doesn't mean they ever will.
One of my buddies, quadraplegic as well, has almost the same sort of damage done from diving onto a rock that was under 1m of water several years back. However, he's able to use a gamepad for gaming, a digitizer for doing graphics design (that's his job) and can type faster than alot of people basically using his thumbs. Actually one of the most able people I've met considering all factors.
Quote from tristancliffe :Don't worry - I wouldn't take is an insult anyway. I'm me, and if you're okay with that then great, and if not then tough. Sorry. I'm not going to become PC just because it's PC.

no but you could be polite

Quote from xaotik :One of my buddies, quadraplegic as well, has almost the same sort of damage done from diving onto a rock that was under 1m of water several years back. However, he's able to use a gamepad for gaming, a digitizer for doing graphics design (that's his job) and can type faster than alot of people basically using his thumbs. Actually one of the most able people I've met considering all factors.

i have no hand movement atall (wish i did lol) so i press my hand on the buttons or keys
Quote from boyracer1981 :i dived in a river

i use a trackir with mouse emulation space bar to go and right mouse button to stop

Ah I hadn't thought of TrackIR. I didn't think the tracking would be good enough to steer with.
This thread is closed

Soon available : Formula BMW FB02
(1389 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG