The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Well at least you have matching (damaged and broken) fairings now.

Keep us informed on what's happening, it's an interesting project
Ohhhh..........a carb'ed kwaker?, that'll be fun in the cooler weather!!!, carb icing FTW!!!.

I worked out how many miles I have done this year on my bike, 1061
Quote from danowat :Ohhhh..........a carb'ed kwaker?, that'll be fun in the cooler weather!!!, carb icing FTW!!!.

I worked out how many miles I have done this year on my bike, 1061

You big girl. Done 2284 in 3 months. At least the weather should warm up pretty soon, personally, I can't wait for summer

I believe my Kwakie has carb heaters (not sure, just has these big ass things around them)
Oh well, I might as well post some pics of my bike I was gonna wait until I got some more recent pictures but I'm always too lazy to make some. I prefer riding my bike instead of looking at it It's a 2003 Suzuki SV1000S. The pics are from last year and not entirely up to date as I've installed custom lower fairings on it since then. On the pic only the top fairings are installed, which is how a stock SV S looks in case you didn't know.

Some small mods:
  • highmount open exhausts (d'uh, the original exhausts on an SV are fugly and sound like... nothing)
  • smaller front blinkers with carbon housing
  • Clear Alternatives taillight with built-in blinkers
  • Blocked off (ie. disabled) the PAIR system to prevent backfires, a common problem with custom open exhausts
  • GIPro Gear Indicator with built-in TRE
  • Lower fairings (not shown in pics)
  • Suzuki seat cover
  • Removed the duo footpegs as my girlfriend has her own bike and doesn't ride with me anymore
  • Uhm, probably some small things I forgot
I don't have any money to spare right now, but there's a few more small things I'd like to do someday. Superficial things to make it look slightly better, nothing too drastic.
Attached images
010.jpg
026.jpg
achterkantschuin.jpg
achterkant.jpg
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That's.. annoyingly nice! Bet it sounds really beasty.

May I suggest a set of Beowulf rad covers.

http://beowulf-performance-pro ... hop/category.asp?catid=81

It should look good and protect from the old "hole in the radiator" thing.

It does sound friggin' awesome, although I usually don't really hear it like the people around and behind me hear it, what with the wind and my ear plugs and all.

A radiator cover is one of the things that I would like to install some day. I've seen really nice ones with the SV logo ingraved/carved into them.
Nice kwak
Quote from S14 DRIFT :You big girl. Done 2284 in 3 months.

You little boy. Done 14,000km in 4 months!

I like the look of your SV obsolum. My Kawi 650R is off the road for the winter... have been times when I've wanted to ride it in the last couple of months, but we've had 2 1/2 feet of snow in the last week so I'm quite happy that it's in the garage right now! Looking forward to next season though, and hopefully a couple of trackdays.
My Yamaha 150cc bike. Nothing special really, but it's my bike and I love it.
Attached images
96400028 copy.jpg
Couple of my RS before I got rid of it, and one of my new Zed. [HQ, no phone pics here ]
Attached images
IMG_0085.JPG
IMG_0092.JPG
IMG_0217.JPG
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Couple of my RS before I got rid of it, and one of my new Zed. [HQ, no phone pics here ]

That Aprilia is class
That RS is really really nice... wish we got the good bikes here in the states... stupid people and their "bigger is better" attitudes.

My outragous CBR600F3 with too many mods to list. Aside from the removal of a few things, a jet kit, and a two brothers pipe modified for that "shorty can" look and better sound, the performance is only enhanced by tire choice and suspension settings. It's a very demanding bike to ride and the addition of a 2007 Hayabusa steering damper was totally mandatory after going down on my 97 B12 in early august. I may have made a mistake but I refuse to make it twice!

Edit*

And a pic of the B12.(waaaay too much bike)

A pic of my Zed (85 ZX600A)

And a pic of my 82XJ750 Maxim (tire killer- rolling burnout machine)
Attached images
bee r.JPG
finished B12.JPG
zed I.R. Stupid.JPG
Banking.JPG
The exhaust on that B12 looks.. rather funny!

CBR looks like a track bike that's side the gaffa-tape a bit too much! Nice though..
All my bikes are paid for, so they look a little rough around the edges. The B12 exhaust was odd looking but sounded great.

As for getting the aprilia, who cares for it if it's not street legal. I would give my CBR600 for a CBR250 (road legal) any day of the week. The ninja 250 even in the newest trim is a joke to say the least. I don't really care for the 250/500 twins and unfortunate but true we got very few of the true middleweight bikes and none of the smaller ones. It's a damn shame when everyone is obsessed with bikes they couldn't, wouldn't, or don't have the skill to ride even half way to the limit in a track condition let alone what anyone could or would do with a GSXR, R6/1, ZX, etc. on the street 90% of the time they are on it.

A rider should have more skill than the bike can handle being ridden at, not a bike that a rider can't handle. At the track, ride whatever you want, but on the street why do you need more than 130hp and more than 150mph of top speed? Handling shouldn't take a back seat to power in any situation on the street.

My 2 cents.
I dont have a 'bike' but still i got a 2 wheeler.

Aprilia Sonic 50 GP (Grand Prix Version with lights and extras)
50cc Airsal T6 Chrome Sport - Cylinder
Malossi Sport variator - belt
Malossi AirFilter
... And somekinda unknown drag grip rear tire.

Video (Me having some stupid fun in front of my garage) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... PvkbU&feature=related

Pictures (Randomly taken with SE K530i) :
Attached images
DSC00093.JPG
DSC00103.JPG
DSC00095.JPG
Quote from K. Tsuchiya :
A rider should have more skill than the bike can handle being ridden at, not a bike that a rider can't handle. At the track, ride whatever you want, but on the street why do you need more than 130hp and more than 150mph of top speed? Handling shouldn't take a back seat to power in any situation on the street.

My 2 cents.

Mmhm I agree with you. That's why I tend to stick to the nakeds since the windblast you get kinda limits you to 120mph all out anyway before it becomes a hassle to hold on!

125bhp is a nice round figure to have. Triumph Speed Triple, or even a Street Triple is probably the best every day, all round, real world bike you can buy.
Quote from K. Tsuchiya :why do you need more than 130hp and more than 150mph of top speed? Handling shouldn't take a back seat to power in any situation on the street.

Its a laugh
i have a Gilera GP50

Nice, we all gotta start somewhere mate!
Hmm, those RS's though are awesomly great little bikes.. radial brakes (bloody good ones!) and decent suspension.. you don't even get those on some old supersport 600's!

Then again NSR's will probably be more reliable..
Quote from Forbin :Because you're better off with one of these as a track bike if you want a 125 2-stroke:

2002 Honda RS125R

2005 Honda RS125R

Yamaha TZ125

That Aprilia is a very heavy bike compared to these, and they make more power too.

I was trying to say, if it isn't street legal I have no point to own one. I am very familiar with the yamaha TZ series and would take a supermoto over a small 2 stroker 125 any day. I was just trying to make the point that we get none of the smaller bikes and I don't personally care if it's coming stateside or not if it isn't a registerable/rideable/legal machine.

I'm really not trying to be rude (although it probably sounds alot like it) but I dislike the track day crowd in my area, don't really care for the crap I get about my smaller bikes on the street and really really wish that a 4 cylinder under 400cc sportbike was available here. Unfortunatly they are all twins under 500cc.

I've had a 1984 Honda VF500F Interceptor that had a V4 (duh, you know that) and the full throttle pull of that thing put any twin it encountered to shame.

Someone said something about big bikes being a laugh? Not so much when 99.9% of riders of them are the laugh. Been there ridden quite a few liter bikes and just don't understand what is wrong with someone's brain that owns a bike they will never handle.

My views on this are a little diffrent I suppose, either that, or I'm just the odd man out here.
I used to ride one of these, before some kindly sc*mbag stole it.

Had a full race exhaust with carbon end can.
Attached images
Honda-CBR600F-1995.jpg

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG