The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from BlackEye :Did you modify the position of the exhaust?
Looks really nice, reminds me of an VTR only a bit higher

Edit: It's not higher, my memory failed me once again

Yeah, they are highmounted open exhausts. The stock exhausts on the SV are fugly, it must be said. That, and they are way too silent. I seriously couldn't hear the engine when I was riding. Can't have that on a V-Twin I still have the stock exhausts, obviously.

I don't think the SV and the VTR look much alike, except for the fact that they are both big V-Twins The VTR is an awesome bike, I wouldn't mind riding an SP2. It's in a different class than the SV, though. The SV is usually classified as a "sport cruiser", whereas the VTR is a much sportier bike and is classed in the "racing" category or whatever.

Quote from danowat :Look like high level exhausts to me, think the originals hang off the passenger footpegs like mine do.

Yeah, the originals on the SV are positioned similar to yours, though I don't think they point upwards as much as yours. It's not their position I didn't like, just the overall look, shape and sound of them that really bothered me.
The original exhausts on my Aprilia weighed A TON, they were really, REALLY heavy, I must have saved 10's of KG's by changing them.

That fact, combined with the fact that I managed to grind down the original exhausts on my first trackday (scary thing to do, because it lifts the rear wheel!!!!), they were low, round and large, made me change to Titanium ovals.

Oh yeah, and the sound is also amazing!!!
Quote from obsolum :
I don't think the SV and the VTR look much alike, except for the fact that they are both big V-Twins The VTR is an awesome bike, I wouldn't mind riding an SP2. It's in a different class than the SV, though. The SV is usually classified as a "sport cruiser", whereas the VTR is a much sportier bike and is classed in the "racing" category or whatever.

What I meant was that the position of the exhaust reminded me of an VTR.
No way in hell do they look alike on any other level

I really need to learn to express myself better
i love SVs!!!! i hope i will get one this summer
Learner permits and bike licenses are for girls . I rode for 4 years, never did bother to get my license.
Quote from mrodgers :Learner permits and bike licenses are for girls . I rode for 4 years, never did bother to get my license.

Wow you're cool.

Oh no wait, you're freely admitting that you either A: Couldn't get a license because you can't actually ride very well, or B: Too stupid to fill out the application form, or C: Too stupid to realise you need one, or D: Stupid.

Those American tests too hard for you or something? Riding round a few cones and stopping and starting is quite taxing I know.
Quote from sinbad :Wow you're cool.

Oh no wait, you're freely admitting that you either A: Couldn't get a license because you can't actually ride very well, or B: Too stupid to fill out the application form, or C: Too stupid to realise you need one, or D: Stupid.

Those American tests too hard for you or something? Riding round a few cones and stopping and starting is quite taxing I know.

Mmm I agree.

Some shots taken from a trip to Midlands Superbike Centre yesterday with my old man.

Really gimpy I know, but hey - Gotta have a laugh. The Z is mine, the Tiger is mah old mans.
Attached images
P3210008.JPG
P3210016.JPG
P3210013.JPG
P3210029.JPG
P3210026.JPG
P3210014.JPG
P3210022.JPG
P3210020.JPG
Nice. The Tiger is a 1050 right? I have spent some time on a 1050 Tiger and loved the engine, and the exhaust note, but he did have an aftermarket pipe... How does the 1050 triple compare with the Z1000 in performance and power delivery?
Quote from Michael Denham :Nice. The Tiger is a 1050 right? I have spent some time on a 1050 Tiger and loved the engine, and the exhaust note, but he did have an aftermarket pipe... How does the 1050 triple compare with the Z1000 in performance and power delivery?

S14's Z is a 750 as you can tell by the pictures, and if I'm not mistaken his is still restricted. Unless he's taken the restriction off prematurely
From what my Dad says, the Tiger engine is a peach. I used to go Pillion with him and it pulled VERY well from low revs and screamed quite nicely as well.

He has the official Triumph performance can, which sounds so nice that every time I hear it, a little bit of wee comes out. (Can't find a clip on the tube). Not only that, but it adds about 6-8bhp so I'm told.

Compared to a Z1000 they're about the same in terms of outright acceleration, although low-down the Tiger has more pull. It beats my Z750 though. :'(

And you're correct Obs, it's restricted to 33bhp by a stupid throttle restriction which is coming off at the 14.5k service in the next few months.
Do they check the restrictions? Seems like a rather simple thing to bypass.
Only if you are speeding or start doing wheelies... I have the certificate and the little sticker that goes on the VIN so unless they tested it they'd never know. I haven't been pulled over and I've passed plenty of cops and it's not like I'm a speed limit abiding rider.. (apart from 30s. :hide
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Only if you are speeding or start doing wheelies...

Police will only check for it if you are in a serious RTA or serious traffic offence as they would check the entire bike for defects/road-worthiness.

I can tell you from experiance that they did'nt check mine when i was given 3 points for speeding, or when i was given 3 for wheelies at the age of 17.

(your insurance company might aswell, but again i think they would only check as a way to get out of paying)
Oh, Ta for that Andy.

My insurance company never even asked so much as for a certificate so I'm good to go. Only gotta find £250 for the service. (it's a biggie but another 1500 or so miles away. after a new set of roadsmarts or supercorsas if i win the lottery haha)
I just sat the last part of my learners license today! Had to answer 25 questions on the basic road rules (same questions we got for learners car licence) and 10 motorcycle related questions. Got them all correct so now i gotta hunt down a cheap bike!
Make way for a cruiseship! A beacon of comfort. My beautiful Deauville.

May not be quick, but I can travel for hours, get off at my destination, and I'm ready for another few hours in the saddle.

Plus it's a v-twin

Attached images
TIMG_3430.jpg
TIMG_3449.jpg
DSC00051.JPG
I didn't know there was a Z750, we only have the Z1000 over here Yeah, the engine on the Tiger is fantastic... it just pulls from any rpms, you can pretty much leave it in 4th all day. Although I found myself shifting gears a lot just to hear the exhaust as I blipped the downshifts I'd love a Speed Triple.. the same 1050 as in the Tiger just with more power and in a lighter chassis. I bet it would be a blast.
We had the Z750S here in the States a few years back. Our neighbors to the north probably did too.
Haha, probably then!
There are other ways to take some plastics off it let alone dumping it in a roundabout Jamie.

Sorry for the incident.
That sucks what happened?
Quote from andybarsblade :That sucks what happened?

^

Quote :Jamie Bridges / S14 DRIFT dit :was riding home from my friends house
wasn't going fast or anything
Jeune Padawan dit :
And it .. dumped himself without any reason... :/
Jamie Bridges / S14 DRIFT dit :
pretty much
it just slid
like underneath
i go flying into a curb and onto the pavement
that's what im told anyway
all i remember is going into the roundabout and then next thing i know there's loads of people around
i'm like oh i'm gunna get raped ;D

Thankyou. :hide:

Going round a roundabout (that I have taken in the past at between 55 and 65mph without a problem) at around 35-40 (I was just riding home from my mates) and ehh.. I don't know. I remember turning into the roundabout and next thing I know is that I'm laid on the ground and there's a couple of cars of people around me. Probably cold and at the legal limit BTO14s on a coldish night and an unlucky breeze.

Looking to get a CBR600rr RR5 onwards and enter the purley gates at 15k RPM. Thankyou and see you in heaven. That's all I'm saying on the matter as looking back still makes me shake.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG