The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from beefyman666 :What about a Honda NSR125? Just as quick and a bit cheaper to buy and maintain.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Have considered them as they are incredibly cheap at the moment. Currently in talks with a chap to do a straight swap for my NRG. Will update with any news when I have some...

The deal for this fell through.

I went to view to Bike after the seller agreed he would be interested in my Scooter. I rode to his House as he was only down the Road. I got there, we spoke for a while and he then started looking over my Scooter. This took him around 30 minutes, as he had a quick ride of it too. After that, he got the NSR out. I had a look at it, and despite it looking slightly tatty in the pictures, it looked much worse in person. I saw past all that though, and mechanical condition was all that mattered to me, so I took it for a spin. I love the riding position and the Engine sounded nice and healthy and pulled strongly, but there were some issues. The first and most major one, was the front end was bouncy as shit. After hitting a bump, the front end would take ages to settle. I could only imagine the shocks were knackered. The other issue was that under heavy acceleration in first and second, the Bikes Transmission would seem to "skip". The best way I could explain it would be that it seemed to lose drive for a split second, then re-gain, then loose drive again etc. etc. I was very disappointed, and didn't go through with the swap. Scary to think that Bike had a recent MOT!

I've recently sent an e-mail to a guy selling this NSR125 below. The pictures are a little pixelated and the description is a little scarce, but I shall try my luck anyway. He wants £500, so I have offered my Scooter as a straight swap.

Apparently the Bike is mint, although he does say it needs a starter relay (£20 on eBay. Is it a big job to fit one??) and the plastics "ain't put together 100%" which sounds worrying.

Either way, I will try my luck as my Scooter is easily worth over £500. I will ask him to send more detailed pictures first though if a swap is what he wants. He lives three hours away so I would hate to travel all that way for nothing!!

EDIT: BALLS! The guy already has a Moped, so he doesn't want mine. I shall be sticking my Bike up for sale tomorrow. I WANT THAT NSR!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :The first and most major one, was the front end was bouncy as shit. After hitting a bump, the front end would take ages to settle. I could only imagine the shocks were knackered.

Change fork oil, maybe use heavier weight oil. Swap out the fork springs for properly sized ones for your weight. Problem solved. That is if it is the front that is the issue. Easy way to check is get off the bike while holding the front brake and just bounce the front.

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :The other issue was that under heavy acceleration in first and second, the Bikes Transmission would seem to "skip". The best way I could explain it would be that it seemed to lose drive for a split second, then re-gain, then loose drive again etc. etc. I was very disappointed, and didn't go through with the swap. Scary to think that Bike had a recent MOT!

Sounds like a maladjusted chain, with the chain skipping teeth everyone once in a while. Maybe a worn sprocket(s), though I find that hard to believe on a 125.
Quote from Forbin :Change fork oil, maybe use heavier weight oil. Swap out the fork springs for properly sized ones for your weight. Problem solved. That is if it is the front that is the issue. Easy way to check is get off the bike while holding the front brake and just bounce the front.

+1. Plus fork oil is a simple job on forks which are RWU, even a new progressive spring kit, complete with oil, from Hagon is about £80.

Quote :Sounds like a maladjusted chain, with the chain skipping teeth everyone once in a while. Maybe a worn sprocket(s), though I find that hard to believe on a 125.

Could be a gearbox issue. Is it only when it's under load? Does it do it in all gears or is it only in one certain gear? My Fazer's gearbox went by the time I sold it, would jump out in a manner similar to what you "described".

(Nathan) - You're enthusiastic which is good, but don't know much in terms of mechanics, what to look for, etc. So I'd recommend checking out some guides on purchasing a motorcycle. RIDE magazine do some good features like this, I may have a few left over copies of some of the seperate little booklets they give away from time to time.

Could be that the fork seals have gone and a previous owner hasn't replaced them and refilled the oil. Try just adding fresh oil but be warned if the seals have gone that oil is heading straight for your front tyre and brakes.
Well, I have no idea what was actually wrong with the Bike, but there was no doubting the fact it was a shed and definitely not worth me buying.

Any of you guys know someone who wants to buy a Scooter? Mine is up for sale. PM if info is needed.
I am putting down a deposit on the NSR tomorrow, and shall be collecting it on the 29th/30th. Excited!
I hope you looked at it before you put a deposit on it. I'm not sure if you did and I can't be bothered to go back a page.
Awesome colour.

Get some clip ons!
Oh dam that sounds so good.

Maybe I'll do some videos of my Honda CD50 soon.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Oh dam that sounds so good.

Maybe I'll do some videos of my Honda CD50 soon.

50cc sucks
I never said mine was awesome... Mine sucks too
And soon mine is to be 70cc with this new engine I bought.

Which is not exactly legal. :hide:
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :You really want to extend your front mud guard. It is the first thing I'd do to any bike to keep the road surface away from the engine/exhaust/rad.

Ah yeah, its got a carbon fender extender fitted. Does the job, a little hard to see.

Will be getting a whole load of carbon bits (inc a 'extended; mud guard shortly )

AND OHH, clip ons...meh, not really for me, enjoy the leverage and comfor these bars give, but clip ons would look smexy!
I favour the carbon ones because they are hard to see. Stops it ruining the original lines then.
I like your bike a lot, sounds great The color is pretty cool too.
Thankyou :3

Physco, I agree, too much colour would be a bad thing. It's going carbon stealth when I can save some monies up, full carbon bodywork, perhaps change the arrows for some carbon fibe Akropovic's..who knows.

waiting on a loan to come through which will give me about £1800 to spend on stuff, so it's either going on O.Z wheels or full carbon bodywork.
Wheels everytime
Anyone ever drove a yamaha yzf r125?

Bikes are better in amsterdam, no parking problem.. When I go to school with car I pay daily 8 euros
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Anyone ever drove a yamaha yzf r125?

Bikes are better in amsterdam, no parking problem.. When I go to school with car I pay daily 8 euros

For a 125 you could do worse..honda CB125r for example. Aside from the RS125 it's the best 125 you can buy.
That honda is very ugly, Aprillia looks also nice(2 stroke?).

YZF R125 looks too sexy for them both.. It just tells me to buy that goddamn thing
Aprillia are making a 4 stroke 125. Tbh I'd recommend that over 2 stroke. I had one and sure, for the kicks it was worth it, but to live with, it was expensive and never started properly.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG