The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from logitekg25 :i dont want a dj, thats just what he said.. and i dont need great parts, i just need good parts. what should i run around? the bike i have has a nice frame, nice gears, and shifters, but its lacking great forks, and disk brakes.

First you said ur bike is crap, now ur saying this hmm.
Post your bike with full specs, then i will just simply write you what to swap so the it will be more bulletproof.
i have a nice bike compared to the average bike most kids have. but compared to what bikes go up to, or what people who really enjoy biking do, it sucks.

i have a diamondback bike, with a hooded strong box frame, i believe hollow. for forks i have...i have no idea. i just kinda bought the bike at some sports store (not a good place to buy a bike i know..)

http://masconomet.org/students ... ra/images/diamondback.jpg
that seems to be exactly it
Quote from logitekg25 :i have a nice bike compared to the average bike most kids have. but compared to what bikes go up to, or what people who really enjoy biking do, it sucks.

i have a diamondback bike, with a hooded strong box frame, i believe hollow. for forks i have...i have no idea. i just kinda bought the bike at some sports store (not a good place to buy a bike i know..)

http://masconomet.org/students ... ra/images/diamondback.jpg
that seems to be exactly it

You can use this bike for small jumps, woods trails, freeride etc. But geometry wont allow you to do any tricks on jumps and you will be slower on trails. And to keep bike and you it in one piece you need stronger fork ( do not buy over 120mm trawel, it will snap the frame) and its a must to change rims ( look for freeride/downhill ones), with rims comes new tires under 2.4 wide is crap and no go.. And last thing the brakes( some 120-160mm discs will do the job). I hope i helped you a bit and u get some idea. For more help pm for msn and i will give you links there for exact products to look.
so from the looks the frame will be good for what basically is a hobbie. il need wheels and tires, brakes, and forks and il be set?
Quote from logitekg25 :so from the looks the frame will be good for what basically is a hobbie. il need wheels and tires, brakes, and forks and il be set?

Yes basicaly and lots of minor stuff like more gripy and flat pedals and maybe new grips. In some way its all optional , just ride it and try to figure what parts are gonna get abused and braked, so those must be replaced.
Like i said send me ur msn over pm so we dont spam this.
back to the petrol drinking bikes, please

Two more photos of my bike. I've broken the front brake cable yesterday . New one costs 2,5 pounds, that's a lot of money.

I think i should wash it
Attached images
IMGP0089s.jpg
old1s.jpg
Quote from KiRmelius :New one costs 2,5 pounds, that's a lot of money.

i hope ur kidding >_>

btw, i only have a 50CC scooter and a (very) cheap bycicle.
not worth posting!
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i hope ur kidding >_>

not worth posting!

i can buy 2,3 liters of petrol, or about 4 liters of cheapest beer for that money. So that's a lot of money. Oh, and i can also buy a used speedo for my bike with the same 2,5 pounds

Actually i am into cycling, i have two average bicycles, but it's just so nice to ride when i don't need to be pedalling constatly to keep moving
Quote from [RCG]Boosted :i hope ur kidding >_>

not worth posting!

Every 50CC scooter is worth posting!
Quote from logitekg25 :so from the looks the frame will be good for what basically is a hobbie. il need wheels and tires, brakes, and forks and il be set?

Check this site out http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ you'll find everything you need with really great prices...all those things that you need tyres,wheels etc will cost you somewhere around 800$+/-...imo the frame that you have doesn't worth these upgrades...if I were you I would buy a new bike(doesnt have to be 5k bike) that is worth upgrading later, fork brakes etc...
Only my awesome Honda 70cc old timer is worth posting out of the smaller displacement mopeds.
-
(KiRmelius) DELETED by KiRmelius
Cagiva Mito Evo 125 or Aprillia RS125?

I need a bigger engined bike. I was originally going to do my bike test, but that is going to wait until next summer now. So, I've decided I want to get a new motorbike around Dec/Jan. I was originally going to get a Hyosung GT125R and had my heart set on one, but after seeing how quick 125 2-strokes can be, I want one!

So, what ones would you guys recommend? I love the look of the Cagiva Mito. Does it really have 7 gears?
vagina mito *fap*

:icon23:

Here is an RS125 that I have came across which is for sale. I am sooo tempted to buy it, but I don't want to have to dig into my "safety barrier" money, hence why I'm waiting until Christmas or so. 160cc big bore kit? No officer, it's standard....Honest.

What about a Honda NSR125? Just as quick and a bit cheaper to buy and maintain.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Cagiva Mito Evo 125 or Aprillia RS125

Both will blow up in a few hundred miles, what some years and get a proper bike
Quote from danowat :Both will blow up in a few hundred miles, what some years and get a proper bike

On the other hand what better way to learn about bikes than being forced to repeatedly rebuild engines?

They aren't that bad, but I wouldn't recommend one as a sole means of transport, nor would I get one which has been "upgraded" with a big bore kit. Running costs are fairly steep if you maintain them properly, which is why a lot of them haven't been. A higher priced YZFR125 would probably not work out as much more expensive over a year or so if you found a good one second hand (assuming you intend to actually use it ).

That said the little 2 strokes are a blast to ride, even without going very quickly.
Quote from beefyman666 :What about a Honda NSR125? Just as quick and a bit cheaper to buy and maintain.

Have considered them as they are incredibly cheap at the moment. Currently in talks with a chap to do a straight swap for my NRG. Will update with any news when I have some...
Quote from danowat :Both will blow up in a few hundred miles, what some years and get a proper bike

Two stroke bikes can't be handled like four strokers... and if you blow up one, my guess is that it will mostly be your own fault.
Quote from sinbad :On the other hand what better way to learn about bikes than being forced to repeatedly rebuild engines?

if you want to know something about bikes, then buy a Russian bike (might be hard to find in your country ) . You will be forced to be repairing it more than riding, but isn't that the best way to know something about bikes?
A friend of mine races a Honda RS125 GP bike. Her dad does all her maintenance and can often be seen wrenching on it in the paddock.

Recently, she bought a 2008 Honda CBR600RR race bike. When she's riding that, her dad walks around the paddock with a wrench asking other people if they need anything.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG