The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Imo i think trying to compare modern (jap) sports bikes on looks is like looking at dog turds from two different dogs and comparing which is best, you might think one looks better than the other but its still a turd.
Quote from andybarsblade :Imo i think trying to compare modern (jap) sports bikes on looks is like looking at dog turds from two different dogs and comparing which is best, you might think one looks better than the other but its still a turd.

I must be easier to please than a lot of people, I think the vast majority of modern bikes from all over the world are decent looking. It's really hard to make a bad looking bike imo. The trouble is that they strive to make them different each year or 2 rather than only changing them when they have a much nicer design. Improving on your R1 shape (<2000?) was an almost impossible task, it's iconic. Very easy to see why people see that as the best looking Jap sports bike even today, it's relatively so pure and simple. Change/mutation isn't always for the better, but I still think the current crop look pretty good.
I dont mean they look really ugly, their just not .... pretty. I hate the look of the 2008 blade & zx10, Also its about time suzuki gave up making those silly looking exhaust systems (infact all those low slung cans make me want to vomit)
Quote from andybarsblade :I dont mean they look really ugly, their just not .... pretty. I hate the look of the 2008 blade & zx10, Also its about time suzuki gave up making those silly looking exhaust systems (infact all those low slung cans make me want to vomit)

Fair enough, I'm with you on the exhaust systems, but I actually think the '08 Blade looks nice, and while the headlight is a bit weird, the 08 ZX10 is alright too. Not necessarily as nice as previous versions, though. The '06 ZX10 is definitely a better looking bike, and the '08 Blade is certainly no nicer than the version that preceded it. It all comes down to change for the sake of change again. That and distinguishing one plastic clad-engine plus wheels from all the others on the market, which can't be easy to do year after year.
Agreed
Well this is what I used to ride, until last year. My Doctor advised me on the dangers of riding a motorcycle, three weeks later he ironically crashed into me in his nice shiny Audi. I don't ride at the moment but I am re-building this bike, I hope it will be ready for next summer.
Attached images
vtrfirestorm.jpg
Quote from Psysim :My Doctor advised me on the dangers of riding a motorcycle, three weeks later he ironically crashed into me in his nice shiny Audi.

No way! Weird eh? How are you doing after the crash? Hope you're ok.
Big V-twins ftw!

I hope you're okay and you get the bike fixed.
ok if we are talking twins heres my bike

Hope you like it because i love it
Attached images
duk3.JPG
duk4.JPG
Well it's not one of my favorite Ducati models, and I would never buy a Duc myself but yeah, it's a nice bike
That a 996 you have there mate? Nice

Can't help but notice the Evo5/6 in the background of the first pick.... tasty selection of vehicles you have
no unfortunalty im only 20 so its a 748 and the evo is a 5 and not mine a friends
Ahright... never can tell the difference between a 748 and a 996 >_<

Still! What a nice bike to have at 20. Keep sticky side down
Well thanks for the support, im well on my way to being fully fit, thankfully I only sprung my collar bone. Im awaiting a small procedure which should be simple, my speed was low (town riding) so it hurt my pride more than it hurt me. This is not my first accident. The score is:
Road 3 - Me 0

When it comes to twin's im a big fan, there is nothing like holding the front down in 2nd..... and 3rd.... and so on....

Btw, like the cati, it was once a dream of mine, for some reason I gave that dream away for a cbr.... MAD I WAS!!!

I think the burning question is where did we all start off? My first was a chicken chaser (a something scooter) when I was 16, cg125 and nsr at 17 and at about 20 was the first cbr(restricted) and then un-restricted. The vtr was a shocker when I first hopped on, now I know what to expect of it. I have enjoyed working my way through bikes and oh how I have worked through them!

This has been a summer for car's and im not so disapointed about the bike being off the road, its been a good chance to crank up the volume and put the heaters on.

Cannondale Lefty - someone stole the other fork leg
And when I get bored of pedalling

GSXR 600 and Aprilia RSVR
Nice RSV

/me wants one after I've done big bike test :P

You have 2 bikes? Rich ass
You from Thatcham Newbury?

Am just round the corner in Oxford. I want a track car but no storage space, so use one biek for track and toehr for road. Been months since I have used them though. Get more time on my bicycle at moment.

Plus need to spend time building cockpit. Having a good race online is almost as much of an adrenaline rush as being on track on the bike. Need to stop my pedals pushing forwards and my seat sliding back though.
Yeah, I'm from there

It's a shithole really

Well, it's a good round selection of your bikes.. a thumping Twin and a screaming 4

Screw the cockpit, build a garage instead
Lol, yeh got a garage but unfortunately its at the back of the house, bikes can get in but no cars. I defo prefer the screaming IL4, although the RSVR is also pretty quick revving. I had the previous RSV and just couldnt get on with it at all.

Lots of nice roads towards Newbury, I often ride towards there.
Lol, not often I've explored around Newbury. There's only ever a couple I ride and they go towards Basingstoke and towards Foxes Diner (Aka the Bucket Shop)

Might go for an exploration one sunny Saturday evening

Do share your suggestions? xD
A4074 from Oxford to Reading (i.e same road as foxes diner)

Newbury to Hungerford road

Wantage to Newbury (one of my fave)

If you ever get down towards Bicester, the same road as the one the aprilia dealership is on but turn right where it has a sign for HM prison. Amazing road.
i like the rsv i think i may get one at some point but i what a mv augusta first
Quote from devils_advocate :A4074 from Oxford to Reading (i.e same road as foxes diner)

Newbury to Hungerford road

Wantage to Newbury (one of my fave)

If you ever get down towards Bicester, the same road as the one the aprilia dealership is on but turn right where it has a sign for HM prison. Amazing road.

I'm heading up to Abingdon shortly to get mine serviced at Bikewise Aprilia, may head on up a bit further to check that out

Newbury to Hungerford road I've been down manyatime in a car, never on a bike. Will definatly try

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG