The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
Quote from devils_advocate :

Cannondale Lefty - someone stole the other fork leg

Is this for real? Hmmm. I'd say photoshop, but I've seen one-sided forks on urban bikes, so would like to know if this is true.
Here is my bike. Merida Matts TFS 500. A perfect bike! Works like a Swiss watch, and I've bought it (used for 2 months, 1300 km) just for ~290 euros.

V-brakes don't look fancy, but in exchange you get XT rear derailleur, Deore hubs, front derailleur and shifters.

Top speed: 63.2 km/h :-D
Attached images
merida tfs 500.jpg
all deore.jpg
Done some little mods to mine since ive had it what do you think?

:o Beasty.

Only thing I personally would have done would be to get a longer rear hugger. Apart from that pretty nice

How about a well lit day photo from different angles? :o
this is the only pic i have of it in the day in its current form

And video....

Yah naughty little bugger xD
Uh oh, better watch out this thread doesn't get derailed because of people whining that you shouldn't do that kind of stuff on public roads!

referring to this thread.
Quote from detail :Is this for real? Hmmm. I'd say photoshop, but I've seen one-sided forks on urban bikes, so would like to know if this is true.

No photoshop...totally real. They are a very common choice for predominantly XC riders.
Quote from obsolum :Uh oh, better watch out this thread doesn't get derailed because of people whining that you shouldn't do that kind of stuff on public roads!

referring to this thread.

Omg i had'nt seen that post before, what a bunch of self righteous keyboard warriors.
If anyone does want to moan at me bring it on as i cant think of a better location to muck about on than this?
Thanks! Hm... I could have googled it myself actually. What do you mean by "predominantly XC"? Those who don't jump/freeride, just ride by unpaved roads?
^^^^
Single track with no big drops. Still narrow and can be technical, just no huge air. Not sure how to better describe it. The guy with a lefty has no need for one. Looks like he is just using it as a commuter. Seems a bit pointless.
Quote from speed1 :^^^^
Single track with no big drops. Still narrow and can be technical, just no huge air. Not sure how to better describe it. The guy with a lefty has no need for one. Looks like he is just using it as a commuter. Seems a bit pointless.

I have two, one to commute and one for xc. I wouldnt say it was pointless. Afterall what need do you have to play LFS? I agree its not being tested to the max as a commuter, what need is there for a bicycle at all? or one with so many gears, disc brakes etc. They are all wants.

P.S not having a go, just think if someone wants one, even if its to commute, I would highly recommend. The smallest of details like the cleaning up of welds on frame joints and the amount of work that must have gone into that fork make you appreciate the build quality of the bike.

Theres my xc one

/me wouldn't mind a sexy ass pushbike liek dat.
Nice video andy. I made a new avatar for ya But I will not be at all offended if you choose not to use it, haha.
Attached images
Quote from Michael Denham :Nice video andy. I made a new avatar for ya But I will not be at all offended if you choose not to use it, haha.

its awesome deffo gonna use it (the older i get the higher the wheel)
The older I get the higher my wheels get too...
... and my handlebars lower!

Oh, you said wheelie, not accident!

Nice wheels btw, both of em!
/me misses the open road.
I present the Sausage Creature.

Got rid of the bikini fairing and the jackrabbit ear mirrors (got some Rizoma Reverse Retros instead). Must lose the hot dog tray & behemoth cans eventually...
Attached images
duc1.jpg
duc2.jpg
this bike isnt actually mine its my godparents. but i can ride it pretty much so tough about posting a pic. the bike is kawasaki kx 250f, im not sure about the year but i guess its something near to -06. a bit big for me but i still can ride it. and dont care about the other hand cover missing, it fell off lots of time ago
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f0f40d15896497
Quote from wark :I present the Sausage Creature.

Got rid of the bikini fairing and the jackrabbit ear mirrors (got some Rizoma Reverse Retros instead). Must lose the hot dog tray & behemoth cans eventually...

Noice!
:bump:

Why this thread die? It was kewl o_o

Update for me.

Took delivery of it today, aim to be riding on it by 7th January. (need to wait for my insurance money from my old one to come back before I can insure it, and then it's needing a tax disk). Needs the 33bhp restrictor kit fitted but that should be getting done soon.

Plenty of mods to come for it, bellypan, Beowulf Warrior can (or MIVV GP cone can't decide) and Radiator cover, going to ditch the BT014's and get some Pilot Road 2CT's or Dunlop Qualifiers, full HEL braided hoses kit, R&G bungs and tail tidy. It's currently standard, apart from the little flyscreen thingie. . Also wanting to swap the forks for some USD ZX6 or Z1000 units, maybe will get some wavey disks for it as well.

All the things I wish I could afford. :I

Hopefully this thread will become alive again!
Attached images
moto_0111.jpg
Z750?

I'll post some pics of my SV650s (2nd-gen) sometime later after I take some more of the street bits off and fix the bars.
Yeah it's a 2004 Z750 (it's a carbed one, can't wait to see how it'll start in the morning compared to my old 2T RS125). Nearly did a wheelie into the garage, it pulls away on clutch from idle where as I needed nearly full gas on my RS to make it move!

I was looking for an SV650s but couldn't find one for the same kind of price. There was one for another £200 but unfortunatly I couldn't stretch to it.

They sound really nice though, and probably much more useable in the real world with all the V-Twin pulling power.

Is that the one you're turning into a track bike?
Yeah, thus the removal of the street bits. It's my only bike and it'll be track-only since I don't ride on the street anymore. I'm looking to get some aftermarket clip-ons and rearsets, probably Woodcraft. My brother's getting me a new set of frame sliders for christmas. The stock ones are on these silly brackets that bend REALLY easily and end up damaging the fairing. As a result my fairings are toast following my 2 crashes at Carolina Motorsports Park in the wet, one on each side. The fairings were coming off anyway, to be replaced by full race fiberglass eventually, but I was hoping to sell them while they was still in good condition. :rolleyes:

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG