The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
This is my sport bike, probably has more km's down the road this year as a lot of the motorcycles posted here, i have something similar like the black one for all the city work

I lol'd at Jacks ped.

lolololololol. And Lol.

Oh dear..
And the car drivers still tell me they cant see me because i have no light
Im not old enough yet for a bike i am 15 in february then i will have a year till i am 16 then i will be getting a Aprilia RS 50, i am going to de-restrict it and put twin racing exhaust kit on it.

Sam.
I take it your made of money then...

I wanted an RS50 but they cost a bloody shitload (ie £1k for a fairly new one), so i settled for a Gilera DNA.

Wouldn't recommend getting a new exhaust, that's £150 for a decent one, and the improvements are minimal - save the cash for your next bike or car. Plus as you first learn to ride a bike tbh more power isn't great.

Although i'd love it if my DNA would break 65
Quote from Jakg :I take it your made of money then...

I wanted an RS50 but they cost a bloody shitload (ie £1k for a fairly new one), so i settled for a Gilera DNA.

Wouldn't recommend getting a new exhaust, that's £150 for a decent one, and the improvements are minimal - save the cash for your next bike or car. Plus as you first learn to ride a bike tbh more power isn't great.

Although i'd love it if my DNA would break 65

I know what aprilia's can be like but if you run and maintain the bike well they are fine, they just don't like as they say beening ragged around. I know how to ride a motorbike as i have done motorcross and not bosting but i was very good at it. My uncle has a GSX-R and is maintained very well and he said if i ever had a problem with it i can just take it to him so he can sort it out because he knows a guy in a bike shop and can get the parts cheaper

I have made my mined up and no offense jakg the dna looks likes crap and i know they are rubbish bikes in my opinion. Oh yea im not paying for the bike my dad is buying it for me. When I am 17 i will get a 125 whilst doing my driving test just to get around on then i will keep the bike and have a car, when im 21 i will do my full bike license and get proberly a gixer 1000

Edit: When I did motorcross my first TM Racing 50cc crosser
-
(Nathan_French_14) DELETED by Nathan_French_14
Don't pool all Aprilia's in one boat, the big un's (like mine) don't need rebuilding every 200 miles like the little buzzy strokers.

They are bloody fast for what they are, but boy are they delicate.
I think suzuki should do their own version of the RS50, it would proberly be more reliable and better all together
-
(Christofire) DELETED by Christofire
Did you have it from new?, you must have looked after it, most of the 17 year olds that have RS125's run them into the ground
I think it's funny how people talk about 50's top speeds- they're meant to be limited remember. As a 16 year old, technically if your machine is capable of more than 50km/h (on the flat I assume) then you're riding it illegally, your insurance is invalid and you give all young riders a bad name.

RS50s are a waste of time, especially restricted, legal, ones, although derestricted ones aren't much better- all noise, gearchanges and no go. Braaap, braaap, braaap, ooh 30mph, braaap, braap ooh a tad quicker. Don't believe all the claimed top speeds you see on the internet either. Just get a twist and go, quicker in the real world.
Quote from sinbad :<snip>
RS50s are a waste of time, especially restricted, legal, ones, although derestricted ones aren't much better- all noise, gearchanges and no go. Braaap, braaap, braaap, ooh 30mph, braaap, braap ooh a tad quicker.
<snip>

Funny you should mention that because my 250cc air-cooled DOHC single isn't much better.

1st - 25mph, 2nd - 35 mph, 3rd - 50 mph, 4th - 65 mph, 5th - 75 mph, 6th - 85 mph. Above 50 mph it pretty much completely runs out of steam. It's still quite fun trying to get the most out of it, though.
My KLX250 with all the street gear removed

I need to find 1000 USD for an exhaust kit, a jet kit, and an overbore.

Quote from Forbin :My (bruised) baby. I've had it since July 2003, the summer after my high school graduation. Approaching 6000 miles on the clock now (400 on it when I got it). It doesn't make a whole lot of power, but it has a surprising ammount of grip (and tire life) from those dual-purpose tires. I used to routinely scrape my boot around this one corner at about 30 mph.

Top speed is 90 mph, 94 down a slight hill (indicated). I also get 80 mpg (US gallons of course).

SUPER SHERPA!!!
Quote from danowat :Did you have it from new?, you must have looked after it, most of the 17 year olds that have RS125's run them into the ground

Yes, I did. Ran it on putoline 2T, and the garage that serviced it had a clue - they raced RS250s and RS125s, the mechanic would chat to me about things and they'd do little tweaks here and there. Each time it went for a service it would feel great.

They even put on Twist of the Wrist videos while I was waiting for the services. Very useful instruction for a young newbie to help overcome the youthful tendancy to confuse his ability/ambition. I've never found another dealer that I've trusted.
I'm kinda wanting to get a hyper charger for my bike, but I'm afraid the dust and dirt it'll let in will kill of any little extra power those things are supposed to give, plus it's kinda big, but man those things look sooo cool. When I can get an adapter chip thingee for my phone, i'll post a picture of my bike
Yay. Took it in for an MOT and it....

Failed.

Cost to repair?

£225!

Of course, without fixing the steering-bearings its £85, but my Dad thought it "needed to be done" and as such made them order the parts.

:'(
Quote from Jakg :Yay. Took it in for an MOT and it....

Failed.

Cost to repair?

£225!

Of course, without fixing the steering-bearings its £85, but my Dad thought it "needed to be done" and as such made them order the parts.

:'(

Then let your dad pay the extra 140 quid
Lol Jack, your lil' moped sounds like a right dodgy example mate
He won't pay it, but he won't let me ride the bloody thing unless i do it.

GRRRRR.

/me kissess the 2900 Pro / New PSU fund goodbye...
I'm not related to any harley drivers... and i don't like them! I don't look like one either... i just like some of their bikes!

*puts on flame suit*
Attached images
nighttrain01.jpg
Quote from Forbin :My (bruised) baby. I've had it since July 2003, the summer after my high school graduation. Approaching 6000 miles on the clock now (400 on it when I got it). It doesn't make a whole lot of power, but it has a surprising ammount of grip (and tire life) from those dual-purpose tires. I used to routinely scrape my boot around this one corner at about 30 mph.

Top speed is 90 mph, 94 down a slight hill (indicated). I also get 80 mpg (US gallons of course).

The Sherpa's been sold (with 7100 miles on it), but only after I got a 1990 Kawasaki EX500 (aka Ninja 500 and GPZ500) to replace it.
Had this for a couple of months now
Attached images
Image(195).jpg
Quote from andybarsblade :Had this for a couple of months now

Very underated bike the 9R, was tempted to get one myself, but the insurance was a bit excessive.

When I went to the Nurburgring last year, one of the guys we went with had a 9R, I remember riding down the A1 autobahn, almost flatout, 163mph showing on the Aprilia (the speedo is almost bang on, on the Aprilia) and noticed this green flash shoot past me as the 9R came past like I was going backwards!!!!, must have been doing upwards of 175mph

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG