The online racing simulator
Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
It was aimed at me Migz!

Lets just clarify i don't use my scooter, its been in the shed for over 6 months.

Jamie, you'll find most of the scooters out there that aren't brand new have the restrictors off, i didn't really have any choice because when i bought it, one of its selling points was it had the restrictors off and no, i had no other choice except that scooter, so i couldn't buy another. Which i wouldn't have done anyway if i had the choice.

Yeah, chav's will enevitably have scooters, like they have cars. So to put it into perspective, most of them drive a corsa or something similar, so everyone that has a corsa similar are chavs? We can't ban them from buying a corsa. So anyone who posted a picture of a Corsa in this forum would get the same shit from you that anyone with a scooter would get? Doubt it, you just like to be a big man and unfortunately for you the only people you can act a big man to are people on scooters, nice.

As for breaking the law, i couldn't really give a **** to be honest, if i get caught its my problem, i had insurance, tax and MOT. Ive not been pulled once because i made sure i didn't. You speed right? 115mph on a motorway you said, thats breaking the law Jamie, your so inconsiderate! When you get caught by speed cameras you make the governmnet think its a good ****ing idea, so then they rape our wallets to build more!!! You arsehole! Your such a selfish road user!!!

I never said it was to cover big distances but when its the only personal transport you have, you can ride for however long you want.

You just bug me thinking your bike is the dogs danglies, its not, anyone with a proper super bike might think your a muppet too.

I sually drive in the middle of the road myself but when shes giving all shes got and some dick in a BMW decides that my rear wheel has too much tread on it and decides to try and rub it down a little for me, im going to move to the ****ing left, so the dick can go past and i don't end up in a hedge. I don't really care whether you think i shouldn't have done it but your not the one in the situation, so your point is invalid

But thats me done with riding a bike now, its too dangerous, its boring, cold, you get piss wet through and your lucky to come home with a kneecap still. Have fun!
Quote from Pearcy :It was aimed at me Migz!

It was a generalised statement aimed at no-one in particular.

Quote :Lets just clarify i don't use my scooter, its been in the shed for over 6 months.

Point?

Quote :Jamie, you'll find most of the scooters out there that aren't brand new have the restrictors off, i didn't really have any choice because when i bought it, one of its selling points was it had the restrictors off and no, i had no other choice except that scooter, so i couldn't buy another. Which i wouldn't have done anyway if i had the choice.

Most 50cc scooters are easily restricable as they're DESIGNED for young people. Normally it's just removal of the power valve and/or a restricted CDI or the like. Normally avail bible for little cost. In my experience having paid £175 for my restriction kit to be bought and fitted, I doubt the £50 or so it'd cost is too much to ask.

Quote :Yeah, chav's will enevitably have scooters, like they have cars. So to put it into perspective, most of them drive a corsa or something similar, so everyone that has a corsa similar are chavs? We can't ban them from buying a corsa. So anyone who posted a picture of a Corsa in this forum would get the same shit from you that anyone with a scooter would get? Doubt it, you just like to be a big man and unfortunately for you the only people you can act a big man to are people on scooters, nice.

No-one said anything about banning anyone. You're trying to go off on a tirade against me because YOU have a personal issue with me, understandable, but it clouds your judgement. I will repeat I'm not acting like a 'big man'. You just seem to be unable to take the truth because it doesn't suit you.

Quote :As for breaking the law, i couldn't really give a **** to be honest, if i get caught its my problem, i had insurance,

Wrong, you're insured for a 50cc scooter capable of no more than 30mph. If your scooter can exceed that you're no longer in possession of a valid licence and thus you're no longer insured.

Quote :You speed right? 115mph on a motorway you said, thats breaking the law Jamie, your so inconsiderate! When you get caught by speed cameras you make the governmnet think its a good ****ing idea, so then they rape our wallets to build more!!! You arsehole! Your such a selfish road user!!!

Lol, just lol. I did 115mph or so on some dual carridgeway, it was damn well empty and it was at some stupid time like 7am. I don't really speed any more than anyone else would. Sure I'll do 70mph in a NSL on a single road, yes I'll sit at 85 on the motorway. Difference is, even if I do get pulled, worst I'll get is 3 points a £60 fine, more likely a warning or a 'slow down mate' chat from the Bobby.

Quote :You just bug me thinking your bike is the dogs danglies, its not, anyone with a proper super bike might think your a muppet too.

My bike's far from the dogs dangalies. I never said that, I never implied that. Stop being a ****.

Quote :I sually drive in the middle of the road myself but when shes giving all shes got and some dick in a BMW decides that my rear wheel has too much tread on it and decides to try and rub it down a little for me, im going to move to the ****ing left, so the dick can go past and i don't end up in a hedge. I don't really care whether you think i shouldn't have done it but your not the one in the situation, so your point is invalid

If you're in a 30mph limit and you can only do 30, you have no problem. I was merely suggesting a possible solution to your problem.

Lol, Pearcy, you make me laugh with everything you say. You think I'm 'out to get you' or you think I'm something I'm not. You have a personal problem with me, as I said, and it's making you overtly aggressive. Sorry Migz, if you thought it was aimed at you. As I have said it was aimed at no-one in particular, and was more of a generalised statement, aimed at whoever it applied it. If that's you, then I can make no apologies unfortunately.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, back on topic.

Obsolum, yes I was going to derestrict my Kwak but unfortunatly it was written off before I had the chance.

RM, nice crosser there. You'll have loads of fun with that.

Anyway, went out again this morning. Kept trying to rain but never really left any sort of standing water. Started in Thatcham and headed towards Alton and stopped for breakfast at Loomies, then headed off towards Salisbury, going through Romsey along some back roads. Was a good run.
Attached images
IMG00020-20090719-1104.jpg
IMG00022-20090719-1105.jpg
IMG00026-20090719-1145.jpg
My point was im not riding it anymore so im not "breaking the law"

I think you'll find most used scooters out there don't have the restrictors on them and im not exactly going to spend £50 to make it even slower, imagine actually asking my dad to put restrictors on my bike i don't think any 16 year old wants their scooters to actually go any slower, even with them off its painfullly slow. Your not arsed about if you have restrictors on or not because even with them on you can go well above the speed limit and rightly so but its totally opposite with a scooter.

When your speeding, who pays for the Police to actually get you? Us! Speeding is just as bad as driving with no restrictors, so if i want to ride a bike with no restrictors its actually none of your business. Just like if you speed its none of ours, yes someone will call you a cock but its your decision, you'll pay the consiquences and i took the risk and it paid off. I didn't do it to break the speedlimit (which i rarely did anyway) i did it because it felt SAFER i don't give a feck whether i was or wasn't insured over 30mph because i rarely went over it.

The only real way id get caught was if i was caught on a speedgun, which would be my problem no yours! If i was in a crash on it, having insurance would really be least of my worries, they'd only check it out if something serious happened by which point and either be dead or seriously injured and not really givng a ****.

I dont have a grudge against you nor do i hate you, im really not sad enough to dislike someone because of what they said on a forum but your constant bitching and moaing is starting to piss me off.

You might think that but to everyone else it seems... No-one would think like that if you didn't slag off other peoples stuff.

Im not overly agressive at all, it is personal to me because you were slagging people off that took the restrictors out and i had. Just like if you say to one Brit Britain is shit (which it is) then your being personal to every british person.

Anyway im done with this now, the speeding thing on my other post was actually tongue in cheek but theres a valid point in it.
Whatever pearcy. You're saying "because I speed I'm no better than you". Fact is when you speed, you have full insurance and a valid licence. When/if you are pulled for speeding it's unlikely they would check to see if you're restricted, well, that's speaking on terms of a larger capacity motorcycle. But still, not a risk worth taking.

Oh and, if someone DID hit you off your moped, and your bike was written off, and you were injured, if they found out (and they would check) that your bike was not restricted you'd get nothing.... its always moaning and bitching when you don't like it. Hell I hardly even post here, making a few more well informed/contributive posts and you still bitch. Just shut the **** up and either ignore me or put up with it.

I hardly slag stuff off, and when/IF I do I'm more than man enough to take it myself. That's called banter, it's called fun.

Anyway, again I'm off out, down to the seaside me thinks today.
You both need to watch your mouths if you still want to be a part of this forum. Because I can guarantee you won't be if you keep posting with such language.
S14 and Pearcy, you have both earned 2 sets of infractions in this thread, making 4 infraction points which puts you on a Level 3 Infraction, This = 30 Day ban from the LFS Forum.

Please take the time to reflect on how you should behave on the LFS Forums
Oh and now i feel extremely guilty. If i hadnt mentioned anything about derestricting my bike then nothing would've happened.
You're not responsible for the actions and attitudes of others.
Quote from Migz :Oh and now i feel extremely guilty. If i hadnt mentioned anything about derestricting my bike then nothing would've happened.

This obviously had nothing to do with you so don't fret

Well, now that that's out of the way let's get back on topic, people!
Too bad about Pearcy.
I'm surprised anyone besides those two actually read any of their posts!

Anyway, motorbikes, yeah they're fun.

Forbin: Nice job, you racing a different class now? I remember you mentioning only the fork internals being modifiable.
Still doing races with my local club at the moment, and they don't have any restrictions other than displacement. When I start racing CCS next year, I may switch back to the stock forks with aftermarket internals so I can be Supersport legal. That means I'm legal for Lightweight Supersport, Ultra-lightweight Superbike, and GT Lites. If I keep the GSXR forks, I can only run in Ultra-lightweight Superbike and GT Lites.
a slight bumb, but is it possible to get trial bikes road-legal? moped age coming soon, but got interested in this trial sport and tough about buying a 125cc trial bike instead of an moped. then id happily drive it in woods for a year but then taking a 125cc card so i could use it to travel little distances in town. but what modifications would it take? is it even possible to get one road legal?
thanks
Yes, there's loads of road legal ones around here, all you need (for Ireland + England anyway) is a rear number plate, brake light, headlight and tail light. You'll need to tax and insure it too. They're not very practical or comfortable for road use though, there's no seat and it'll reach about 60mph, tops. The ones I've seen road legal are only to get between sections, where you need to travel on road
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, there's loads of road legal ones around here, all you need (for Ireland + England anyway) is a rear number plate, brake light, headlight and tail light. You'll need to tax and insure it too. They're not very practical or comfortable for road use though, there's no seat and it'll reach about 60mph, tops. The ones I've seen road legal are only to get between sections, where you need to travel on road

im mainly using it only for some small distances. bacicly riding from one riding place to another, and to school.i have no money for both ATM(moped+trial bike) so i tough this could be an option
It's definitely possible, just very uncomfortable and not very fast They're bad enough for just trail riding, absolute pigs on the road If you keep the trials tyres on it too, you'll find it very hard to corner at any sort of speed, and it's not all advisable in the wet...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's definitely possible, just very uncomfortable and not very fast They're bad enough for just trail riding, absolute pigs on the road If you keep the trials tyres on it too, you'll find it very hard to corner at any sort of speed, and it's not all advisable in the wet...

i get your point its always an option, but meh...
Trail or Trial? Two different things...

Trial

Trail

Trail bike can be road legal but i somehow doubt a Trial bike can be.
Trials. But I mainly use mine for trail riding, simply because it can get places most trail bikes can't
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Yes, there's loads of road legal ones around here, all you need (for Ireland + England anyway) is a rear number plate, brake light, headlight and tail light.

Get a 'Daylight MOT' and you won't even need the lights, though trying to find exact requirements for this test is a bit of a nightmare. Lots of test centres don't even know that you can apply for such a thing.

Anyone borrow me 3000€ so I can buy this? I'm seriously saving money for that.. Cagiva Mito 125cc.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :

Anyone borrow me 3000€ so I can buy this? I'm seriously saving money for that.. Cagiva Mito 125cc.

VAGINA! Not CAGIVA!
€ 3000 for a 125cc motorcycle? You can get a proper bike for that kinda money. Granted, it looks very beautiful but 125cc? No thanks.
Quote from obsolum :€ 3000 for a 125cc motorcycle? You can get a proper bike for that kinda money. Granted, it looks very beautiful but 125cc? No thanks.

By proper you mean..? Should I get a moped instead? lol.
Lol no, I mean more than 125cc. Like at least a 500cc or 600cc or something. Unless you're not allowed to ride that yet. I don't know which restrictions apply for you.

Post your bike! :)
(1873 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG