The online racing simulator
damn, i can't get Mechanik for Y working, i want to make that Rally UF1
Quote from only.one.RydeR :The reason they gave the FZR an H-pattern gearbox is for class balancing. Being able to change transmission would just disrupt that balance.

I read this when patch Y was released.

I know. I don't think that's the best way to do balancing though.

Quote from Primoz :Sequential boxes are veeeery expensive for Porsche racing cars AFAIK. Thus only the most wealthy teams can afford them (Alzen had an H in their 996 biturbo).

A budget required to run a single BF1 would eclipse the cost of a Porsche gearbox by many orders of magnitude, and yet every LFSer has access to one. So let's pretend the player's team is the richest. Not to mention we don't have money/team budgets in LFS, so I really don't think cost is a valid argument. I believe GTR class should just let us choose a gearbox, just like LX cars have roof/no roof option.

P.S.
Are sequentials expensive only for Porsches or in general?
Well since we can have any car we want (because the cost is not a problem9, we'd take the fastest car. THen there's no point in making 2 or 3 cars of the same class. Unless they are balanced out to be roughly equaly fast. That's why the FZR has an H pattern and has mroe balast than the XRR and FXR.

Regarding the boxes, have no idea, just read somewhere that Porsche's sequential boxes are insanely expensive.maybe it's down to more or less being merged with the diff because of the position. That would make it a lot more complicated inside. We need tristan or someone alike in here, fast!
Quote from jelpoole :Must say:
BMW M3 Street and GTR version
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti
Nissan GT-R
Nissan 240sx
Ford Mustang
Mitshubishi Lancer Evo Rallystage
BMW 135i Cab or hatchback
RB6
RBR
LX8
a FXO like car with RWD

Nissan 240sx = XR GT
LX8 = nothing to compare it to, unless they make a FZ50 Turbo!!!!!
Car list

Mini Class:
UF1
Bettle cabriolet
Smart Roadster

Class C:
XFG
XRG
UF1 Turbo

Class B:
XRT
FXO
RB4
UF1 Turbo

Roadster Class:
LX4
Bettle cabriolet with high power engine
Smart Roadster 1320cc Brabus V6 Bi-Turbo prototypes
venturi

Class A:
LX6
FZ5
RAC

Cup Car:
UFR Disel
XFR HVR (Hybrid Racing car)
LX8

GT2:
RB4 GTR
XRR
FZ50 GT3 Cup (FZR)
FXR
venturi GTR

GT1:
LX GTR
RAC GTR
FZ50 RSR (higher power)

Grade 2 Formula:
FO8(F3000)
GP2
lola A1GP

Grade 1 Formula:
BF1
IRL Car
New A1 Car
Superleague Formula
F1 Hillclimb

light Formula:
Formula SAE (MRT)
Formula 500
Formula 750

other formula:
FBM
Formula Geely
FOX
Formula Geely V6
Classis F1

Light weight sports:
Smart Roadster Brabus V6 Bi-Turbo prototypes + Tuned
Lotus \ Atom style car
LX Cup
<1600 cc Prototype

Other car:
Baja SAE
DAKAR style car
WRC Style Car
Group B WRC Style Car
Stock Car
Racing Truck
Kart
I would like a really fast road car. So that all we people that can master all the cars get something new to get our paws at

I can think of a "XR-S" with a 2,4 turbo and 3-400bhp or maybe a light weight FZ5 with a light tune.
Quote from Ilpav :Nissan 240sx = XR GT
LX8 = nothing to compare it to, unless they make a FZ50 Turbo!!!!!

no no no the XRGT is an old version of the Mazda RX7
What about a line up of cars which are newer and same classes as other ones. Me want a newer XFG and FXR and stuff!
Quote from hansonator69 :What about a line up of cars which are newer and same classes as other ones. Me want a newer XFG and FXR and stuff!

Newer = Heavier
I want to see

Land Cruiser and Nissan Petrol VTC 4800 and Land Cruiser Pickup
I would like to see some proper WRC spec rally cars and also a 70's/80's style F1 car and a 2008 F1 car with no TC available some stock cars would be good for people who like oval racing aswell. There are loads more i would love to see in LFS but i think these are the first on my most wanted list.
I'd like to have the Sauber updated to match the new shapes of the 2007 or 2008 F1 cars, and like some other guys said, LX8!!!
But everyone seems to be in serious need of more power, and even more turbo cars. But i think there are plenty of those cars, instead a couple of sedans or american muscle (!) (Pure V8 Power!) Would be awesome too, instead of adding even more of those GTR cars
Cars I'd like to see,
The old Group C sports cars Mazda, Toyota, Jaguar. Drools.
If not maybe the class that took over LMP1 and LMP2's maybe? (I mean the current incarnations).
A bike engined formula would be really cool, something like F1000 or GT Lights.
cars i would like to see hmmm

Yugo Gv 55 FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111112224583-59843587643
I'd rather see old B class rally cars over modern wrc
I would like to see Speedcar or Nascar cars...
I would like a BMW E30
Nooooooooo!

Not vans. Either Historic people carrier racing or Motorhome racing would be much better
Quote from JO53PHS :Nooooooooo!

Not vans. Either Historic people carrier racing or Motorhome racing would be much better

- people carrier gets my vote

Revision Joe?
Quote from FlyeThemoon :My NEW Ideas

Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak version 1999 with Pikes Peak Hillclimb track

FW16 Wiliams F1 car

Monster Truck

Safety Car to Formation lap

Or the FW14B

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG