The online racing simulator
Quote from Sir moi 407 :I think it is a bit like FO8?

Yeah, they'd be pretty much the same as an FO8 that doesn't corner as well.
Depends on the era. What would be nice is a 1988 F1 class - a 1.5 turbo car against a 3.5 NA car. Admittedly, that year they weren't balanced (the turbos slaughtered the NA cars, but that was the last year of the turbocharged cars)
"Old" F1 cars could be from the 60s as well.
Just give me a 917K/L and an 8KM long road track...
That cars would be fun
a RWD FXO, some kind of trackday car of the XRT, XFG and FZ5, with rollcage, semi-slicks, and a little engine tune

I wish we had something with an outrageous air intake, like in that video
Something powered by a Ford DFV perhaps?

Something like...

Mid/Late 80's F3000 cars, maybe something similar looking.

Mid 70's style F1 car, maybe similar looking to a March etc.

70's/Early 80's sports cars perhaps e.g. De Cadanet Lola

Ofcourse, you would have to get the sound right though, I've never seen a racing sim with a decent DFV engine sound, I reckon you could achieve it with LFS however the DFV sounds very different at low revs than it does at high revs, which coukld be a bit difficult as I think LFS uses only one Engine sound file for a car, or am i wrong?
2008-2009 A1 car
Rally cars
Rally cars and rally stages.
Sedan!!!
I want more generic cars!!! Like 80's/90's sedans for example, cars that are plain and "boring" I'm sick of seeing a massive range of GT cars! They aren't fun, there is a point where cars cease becoming cars and become machines built for going fast. They don't feel like cars anymore ... please no more GT cars!!?? A SEDAN?
here is my list

FZ60 - a FZ50 with turbo and better tyres than Road Super (almost slicks, but not slicks )
RB2 - Like rb4, but with non turbo weak engine, like XFG and XRG
RB6 - RB4 with V6 twin turbo engine , to race with FZ60
R4R - RB4 GTR
LX8 -
L6R - LX6 GTR
XFT - Xf Gt Turbo

GTR2, a faster class than GTR with:
F6R - Fz60 GTR
R6R - RB6 GTR
L8R - LX8 GTR
And something like those Le mans cars ( http://www.driverdynamics.com/ ... /2007/01/PUG%20LM%201.jpg )
(these cars would be hard to drive, but very fun )

A Rally/RallyX class with:
XFC - Somebody was talking about that, XFG Rally/Rallyx version with all wheel drive, good engine and rollcage.
XRC - XRG Rally/RallyX version

If you think that's stupid, just ignore it
Well, biggest thing would be MORE cars, serioulsy more. I know most people here probably race, and that is good, but look at the server list, there is a fair amount of drifter in the LFS world, so aside from just normal type cars that are sort of lacking: RX7/8, prototype cars like the Escudo, and Mazda 787B, more F1 cars, more F3 cars, carts and american muscle cars (for drag racing) and modern american muscle cars (such as the current mustangs, and 350Zs (though they have been getting better at handling)). I'd like to see more awd on/off road cars (STI and EVO) (rb4 is good and all, but i'd like to see more power, less weight, bigger turbo).

But as a drifter, i would like to see some drift cars in the game as well, i understand that you guys claim this to be a "racing simulator" but look at the facts, there is a drifting community, and chances are, they are not going away.... unless ofcourse GRID is just that much better... I'd like to see some drift cars, from an AE86, to a 600hp s15, to a 240sx (type cars) with a v6 in it, all running road tires stiffer suspensions and ground effects kits, lightened and dangerous!

Don't judge me, these are just my thoughts at the moment...
Not stupid, just too 'the same'. Generally people want new cars, not different looking same cars. We have the XRG, XRT and XRR and people say that is enough from the XR brand. That's the thing. I'd like an AWD FZ Turbo, a faster GTR class,make the 'RB6' a totally different, a much bigger car alltogheter, forget the LX6 and 8 GTR versions, these cars aren't meant to be made as racing cars (though they have been, with great success, but that's just not it, not without some massive aero work). For the 'RB6', maybe put a 2,5ish V6 in the FXO and turbo it up for the FXR, leaving it AWD. The ITC Alfa 155 had a simmilar thing going on (though i think it had a different alltogheter engine, still N/A). Would love LMPs (did LFS GT, would like to do MoE someday) and generally anything that is meant t be racing in endurance races.
Quote from LJF :I want more generic cars!!! Like 80's/90's sedans for example, cars that are plain and "boring" I'm sick of seeing a massive range of GT cars! They aren't fun, there is a point where cars cease becoming cars and become machines built for going fast. They don't feel like cars anymore ... please no more GT cars!!?? A SEDAN?

Buy a license first before you can dream of these cars.
Group B Audi S1 quattro, Group B Martini rally car i don't remember what type it was, Group B Ford S200 RS rally car and many more Group B cars that i love.
A more drift specific car (Nissan 180SX/Nissan S15 Silvia/ Mazda FC3S/BMW M3 too many cars) :P that have 300 hp or something with a rollcage,stripped interior etc.
Quote from davejah :...Group B Martini rally car i don't remember what type it was...

It was a Lancia Delta HF Integrale
i think it would be great to have some old v8cars,old formulas and some old normal cars. then some big cars?? and more some rwd cars?
Quote from Peety :It was a Lancia Delta HF Integrale

Lol I forgot that that specific Delta Integrale had a Martini design

On topic, what about licensed road cars?

EDIT: Hmm it seems hard for a 3 man team to get a company to license their cars in LFS.. So a bit of a 'no hope' suggestion..
Quote from Primoz :Not stupid, just too 'the same'. Generally people want new cars, not different looking same cars. We have the XRG, XRT and XRR and people say that is enough from the XR brand. That's the thing. I'd like an AWD FZ Turbo, a faster GTR class,make the 'RB6' a totally different, a much bigger car alltogheter, forget the LX6 and 8 GTR versions, these cars aren't meant to be made as racing cars (though they have been, with great success, but that's just not it, not without some massive aero work). For the 'RB6', maybe put a 2,5ish V6 in the FXO and turbo it up for the FXR, leaving it AWD. The ITC Alfa 155 had a simmilar thing going on (though i think it had a different alltogheter engine, still N/A). Would love LMPs (did LFS GT, would like to do MoE someday) and generally anything that is meant t be racing in endurance races.

I know, they are too same. But i want other cars too. Dune buggies, gokarts, Dakar trucks... If LFS had 100+ cars, the game would be more interesting I want more Awd cars. I think the FZ60 should be RWD, but AWD smells good too .

Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :They already have BMW on their side..What about an V10 M5, a V8 M3 Coupe and maybe even a Mini Cooper just for a laugh.

Works Cooper S. 200hp. Not funny.

But i think lots of licensed cars would not be good, the manufacturers will start screaming - Too much damage, Too less speed, too bad handling, too fast wearing tyres, TOO UNREALISTIC and so on...

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG