The online racing simulator
Quote from KiRmelius :
But i think lots of licensed cars would not be good, the manufacturers will start screaming - Too much damage, Too less speed, too bad handling, too fast wearing tyres, TOO UNREALISTIC and so on...

Unfortunately you are 100% correct. Most (If not all) cars in Test Drive Unlimited are so unrealistic that it must be a joke of some kind (Same goes to latest NFS's [Most Wanted, Carbon, Pro Street]). I guess the reason you can't see any Porsches in Test Drive is that they didn't wanted to include their vehicles to that kind of arcadish game (Even someone says that Test Drive is simulator. What aspect it simulates? Driving fast, okay. But the simulator ends when you hit something/someone, go to a turn or even brake). There are some nostalgic cars in Test Drive, and I started to laugh when I drove 60's car over 170kmph. Don't remember how fast did I drove Jaguar E-type, but man... I assure you it accelerated faster than real E-type [I know]. Heck, it accelerated even faster than nowadays "average sized sedan".

Shortly put: All cars behaves unrealistically, but I guess that is ok for the manufacturers. They are fast and easy to drive. Oh, and top models gets onboard as long as you have expensive car.

From topic to off-topic to angst. Sorry about that.
and i want BMW Sauber updated (or added new) every year.

I imagine RB6 like in that picture in the bottom. And maybe it should have not V6, but flat 6. And of course two turbos (engine is in front, that hole is just to.... eh.... Cool down brakes and exhaust system (i'm a ricer ) )
Attached images
RB6.jpg
I actually quite like that for the RB6, it looks wonderful! (Can I make a skin for that? )
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :If they can do an F1 car and A formula BMW, surely they could simulate real road cars.

They do simulate road cars. They are UF1, XFG, XRG, ... THe problem is in the licences.

[
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :They already have BMW on their side..What about an V10 M5, a V8 M3 Coupe and maybe even a Mini Cooper just for a laugh.

No, they don't have BMW on their side. The BF1 and FBM were just coincidences - BF1 via Intel (Intel tour thingie) and the FBM via the V1 Racing Challenge.
Just something like an Audi A4 or BMW 3 class. And a sport version (S4, M3) and additional a touring car, like the WTCC to compete the UFR and XFR. Then we have almost all classes.
how about instead of getting a new class add cars to the other classes such as putting replica's of cars such as starlets and pulsars so that everyone isnt just set to go race a f1 car as its easy have a race where there are say 6 different cars in same class and all handle differently and have different power output that way people have a choice. id rather struggle to keep the car in line doing a corner at 65mph than do the corner at 90mph and find it to be very easy..

When i go doing track days in my starlet there isnt a full track of starlets, there are evo's pulsar's tegs skylines on track and usualy i will see 1 or 2 other starlets on track at the most out of 25 - 50 people so why on lfs should there be 25 - 50 of the exact same car =)
For same reason somebody says that FXO is superior compared to XRT and RB4. Imagine if there are even more in the same class.
Quote from Ca18Slider :I actually quite like that for the RB6, it looks wonderful! (Can I make a skin for that? )

Thank you!

You can make a skin, but that's not a 3D model, it is just a picture made with Photoshop. Well, i have a blender, maybe i will try to do something. I think there is a way to convert Blender files to CMX?
Not too sure, I'd ask a 3D Guru here on the forums.

I'm not too sure if this could fit in with the "new car" idea, but how about being able to switch out transmissions? On any Cadet/Club races I don't need a heavy 6-speed FZ5, but a lighter, 5-speed FZ5 would be just fine.
I think transmission switching should be in for GTR class. E.g. FZR w/ H-gate is not something that should be enforced--realistically, certain teams could opt for sequential.
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
Quote from Ahriman4891 :I think transmission switching should be in for GTR class. E.g. FZR w/ H-gate is not something that should be enforced--realistically, certain teams could opt for sequential.

The reason they gave the FZR an H-pattern gearbox is for class balancing. Being able to change transmission would just disrupt that balance.

I read this when patch Y was released.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :The reason they gave the FZR an H-pattern gearbox is for class balancing. Being able to change transmission would just disrupt that balance.

I read this when patch Y was released.

I don't think it's too fair that just a simple switch that they put in a NASCAR game for creeps sake couldn't be implemented for the sake that... you do not need 6 gears on Club or Cadet.
Quote from Ca18Slider :I don't think it's too fair that just a simple switch that they put in a NASCAR game for creeps sake couldn't be implemented for the sake that... you do not need 6 gears on Club or Cadet.

Well, then drive with five only and ignore the sixth gear. What's the differnce then?
Quote from Ahriman4891 :I think transmission switching should be in for GTR class. E.g. FZR w/ H-gate is not something that should be enforced--realistically, certain teams could opt for sequential.

Sequential boxes are veeeery expensive for Porsche racing cars AFAIK. Thus only the most wealthy teams can afford them (Alzen had an H in their 996 biturbo).

ciaoadios sentences were inveted for a reason. Same goes for commas and dots and all the grammatical stuff like that. Makes the reading much, much easier you know.

Adding more and mroe cars to the same class does add variety. But in the world where you can choose whatever car you want (LFS), everybody would just take the fastest car (well, almost everybody) so you're back to square one with the excepton of making and trying to make a few cars competitive. Making them more or less equal is very hard, as has been proved by the TBO and GTR classes.
I want to see Indy cars on S3. And maybe two or three more oval tracks.
Also I like the idea of putting some oldschool F1 cars, maybe of the Nikki Lauda era, or the later era of F1 cars, like the Lotus which was driven by godly Senna
Id like to see something like a E46 M3 a 240sx and a Evo rb4 just too slow
M3 CSL
CSL thingy they had in GTL...!
Some oldschool V8
Delta HF Integrale
RB4 as WRC edition

I'd kill for n McLaren F1... Those old ones with the BMW 8 series engine...

Or finish the never done M8... Engine from McLaren was meant for the M8!

KR

d3m0n

Also cool would be to allow making own cars *sigh*
I have only one wish for S3..

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:LX8, LX8 and LX8!!!!!!!!!!
I don´t know what the devs were thinking when they decided to not release it. Add some small wing or something if it´s "too hard to drive"!! Or then just learn to drive ffs!
Thats all I need, nothing more..
rbr!!!
Something Scooby/Evoish. 4WD turbo saloon.

Possibly something DTMish - FWD non turbo saloon.

Like the truck ideas.
Quote from khoianh94 :Well, then drive with five only and ignore the sixth gear. What's the differnce then?

I think nascar only uses 4 gears.
Quote from ghost racer :I think nascar only uses 4 gears.

Some, they'll use a variety of gears. But regardless, it'd be a nice change to be able to shed a little bit of weight for a little more 'oomph' on the smaller tracks - agreed?
Quote from d3m0n :M3 CSL
CSL thingy they had in GTL...!
Some oldschool V8
Delta HF Integrale
RB4 as WRC edition

I'd kill for n McLaren F1... Those old ones with the BMW 8 series engine...

Or finish the never done M8... Engine from McLaren was meant for the M8!

KR

d3m0n

Also cool would be to allow making own cars *sigh*

Delta Delta Delta Delta Delta! I have it in Richard Burns Rally in the place of Toyota Corolla, and that is so much fun! Goes like mad!

But licensed cars are bad, so XFC with similar engine, like in Delta would be great

One more - UFC - UF Rally version. With good engine, AWD and very small weight it should be more fun than Delta! (but flip easier too )
Quote from KiRmelius :
One more - UFC - UF Rally version. With good engine, AWD and very small weight it should be more fun than Delta! (but flip easier too )

Taking an idea from this, there should be rally-specific cars.

And I bet you if a licensed Japanese car gets on LFS, people will avoid it for being "rice".
Must say:
BMW M3 Street and GTR version
Subaru Impreza WRX Sti
Nissan GT-R
Nissan 240sx
Ford Mustang
Mitshubishi Lancer Evo Rallystage
BMW 135i Cab or hatchback
RB6
RBR
LX8
a FXO like car with RWD