The online racing simulator
Indeed Gekkibi, no sarcazm needed. Btw. Aren't there Corvette Cups(I suppose there are)? Like Porsche there can be cups for other cars which have similar class.

Btw. I didn't read it all, but i suppose those are cups for stock cars(directly from a dealer), so Porsche Carrera GT(which has 605 bhp) can also join? So it CAN be raced? And if a person owning one would like to join he/she can?

But hell, what are we arguing about? ^^ I mean, You are after or againts cars of around 600bhp stock car in LFS? .... wait we are arguing O.o? Oh, and I agree with You Gekkibi, we need more classes than specific cars in the same class . Oh and I dont want supercars only because of its appearance, but also because of it's power (and propably most of the people ). Btw. Appearance IS important, isn't it? ^^ I mean, You wouldn't like to drive a XRT looking like a "fire truck"? ^^

Oh and muscle cars *_*... live-axe, look and powah... :P(had to say this:doh.
Quote from Byku : Btw. Appearance IS important, isn't it? ^^ I mean, You wouldn't like to drive a XRT looking like a "fire truck"? ^^

To me, appearance isn't important. I would still drive XRT, even it looks XRG.

And no, I don't have anything against horse powers. But imho the cars should be cars what are used for racing. Dragster? Now that would be awesome addition. Beetle? Yep, used for racing. Lada 1200? Yep, in "bump & jump". Random american muscle from 60's? Of course. Used. Porsche 356? Indeed used. Bugatti Veyron? Seen it on top gear doesn't mean it is a race car. I wouldn't like kleinbus, either (I will change my opinion if someone proves it is used in races).
Quote from Gekkibi :To me, appearance isn't important. I would still drive XRT, even it looks XRG.

And no, I don't have anything against horse powers. But imho the cars should be cars what are used for racing. Dragster? Now that would be awesome addition. Beetle? Yep, used for racing. Lada 1200? Yep, in "bump & jump". Random american muscle from 60's? Of course. Used. Porsche 356? Indeed used. Bugatti Veyron? Seen it on top gear doesn't mean it is a race car. I wouldn't like kleinbus, either (I will change my opinion if someone proves it is used in races).

First of all... there is lack of logic in our argument.... those cars we have in LFS aren't raced in real life(at least most of it) couse they dont exist .

But seriously, i wouldn't like to see Veyron(or I should rather say, a car like Veyron) in LFS beacuse... sanity... and judging which car should be in LFS beacuse it is or isn't raced.... well... like someone said... if someone wants to race with something he/she can . There might be someone racing Veyron in the future............. :drink:... mad people .

Btw. We agree on most so it's kinda pointless sticking to this "race or not-race" stuff (Is RAC raced in RL? ). Furthermore gtg to bed, goodnight ^^.

Btw2. But again it's our opinion , the final word belongs to devs :bannana_g
I've said once, I'll say again,

Stag! (well stag-a-like obviously, and without the reliability issues...)

Maybe a nice lightweight small engine sports car, like the MGB or Elan?

Something that with only 1.6-1.8 engine but only weighs a shade more than the LX cars and will keep up with the TBOs around the corners especially, and to go with the new car a set of hillclimb tracks, hehe

I'd like to see more mid engined cars myself, and more club-class racing cars. Also a 300-400bhp rally machine would be a nice addition...
hmm something like an 550bhp NSX would be great.
or anything wif an engine in the middle and rear wheel drive.
but PLEASE.
dont make it handle like the RAC. its aweful
something like a F430 would be great.
actually. 430 Scuderia would be even better.

and please.
i want NA.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :hmm something like an 550bhp NSX would be great.
or anything wif an engine in the middle and rear wheel drive.
but PLEASE.
dont make it handle like the RAC. its aweful
something like a F430 would be great.
actually. 430 Scuderia would be even better.

The RAC handles fantastically, as long as you either blip the throttle or change down later... it's got a beautiful balance that makes it just amazing through corners, soo grippy for its power.
bring in the ferrari f1 traction control then =P
Ya, +1 for rollcages because you must have one if you would like to race (Slalomcups etc don't require it, but every time when there are more than 1 car on a track simultaneously they are mandatory).
Quote from Gekkibi :Haven't heard <insert_your_favorite_super_car_manufacturer_here> club racing. Neither have I heard <insert_your_favorite_super_car_manufacturer_here> cup.

To be honest, they are too expensive for racing-purposes. They have "other purposes", like helping you to get laid with a moviestar or something. Nothing else.

On the other hand, you have Pagani's Zonda R, Lamborghini's Murcielago R-GT (and various GT-class Gallardos), the Ferrari owner-races, FXX program, and extensive participation in GT-class racing. Or Aston Martin, with cars for every single GT-class... Yet those are somewhat-covered with the RaceAbout, FZ5 and FZR.

Quirky stuff that actually is raced would indeed be a great addition - something like a Fiat 127 for Bump & Jump style races, or lightweight, underpowered sportscars resembling various UK products of the '70s for Historic racing - Cortinas, Elans, Imps.

However, Prototype racing is yet unexplored by LFS (though I doubt it'll be popular, considering those are 600hp monsters that still produce somewhat-limited downforce compared to single-seaters - should be as easy to drive as the FO8, I'd guess. But a '70s Porsche 917 lookalike, or the Renault-Alpine A442, would bring on a whole new kind of racing.
An estate would be great and that u can have sirens of roof, only of some cars, so that u can have a real safety car
-LMP cars with power between LMP1 and LMP2
-Powerfull rallycross cars with around 350horses
-3 Touring cars like WTCC (around 275horses) with a RWD,a AWD and a FWD
Here are my "suggestions "
go karts
RB4 GTR FTW
followed by RAC GTR and the LX8 again
i want to see a proper rally car like an evo or impretza and a proper rally stage or 2

A
Cars we wanna see in S3?

we just want loooooot options!!!
like two cars almost the same with 2 or 3 hp of difference and different aerodinamics to make them different but likely enought to a good race with good chances of both winning.

or make a golf gti and i'm happy
Quote from bonafernando :
or make a golf gti and i'm happy

:doh::banghead:

What we need are different cars from the ones already in S2.... the 60's 70's European lightweight sports cars was a good idea, these should fit between the XFG/XRG and TBO classes I think, Also the V8s, maybe some European small high-revving V6, possibly a brutish V12 as well, I mean I would like to see a 4WD rotary competitor to the UF1, maybe a rotary TBO class car too, and something with a carb-style power-band, huge lump of torque lower down the revs allowing for less BHP but a more gruntier launch pad?

The family car/SUV option is one I'm not keen on, nor am I too keen on a monster/funny/dragster scene, but these certainly fuel more desire than a Veyron (or Veryrong) style of car that in essence would be the only car of its class.:duck:

Personally, though, if we didn't get another car introduced in S3 (which will be a long way off anyway) I wouldn't be that disappointed. Already there is a large number of cars that suit almost all driving styles, I would love to have a Hillclimb track, though. Say a mountainous alpine road, or somewhere based on Lake District, maybe even Pikes Peak-esque, with some alternate routes (and the ability to autocross set them, and have an almost infinite number of tracks from one map) And some decent lightweight RWDs would work on that sort of run very well.
performance mods
hey guys
just wanted to say that performance mods would be great
mods like weight reduction, bigger turbos, better suspension, different gearboxes, rims and bodykits available

i do know it is a racing sim
but drifting is a type of racing and mods like this would imporve the experience.

let me know if u think its a good idea
Drifting is a motorized version of figure-skating. And, like figure-skating, it's not really a competition, but rather a contest decided by a panel of judges.
Oh, it is a competition, just like figure-skating. But it isn't racing.
Well, there are drift races that are also judged by how close the chaser can stay, but it's still judged.
Drifting is a motorsport, but it's not racing. That has been pointed out countless times on the forum.
bmw e30 :P
Why do you guys have this argument yet again?

Some people want to keep LFS restricted to "pure" racing, some think it should be expanded to other forms of motorsports so that the potential of the physics model is not wasted. There is no need to attack drifting on the basis that "it's not racing"--anyone realizes that. If you want to argue, lift it a level above where you are now.

I am not a drifter, but I don't mind LFS becoming an all-encompassing motorsports sim. Variety FTW, especially since the physics model allows for it without extra tweaks.
Okay, let's make this yet another Need for Speed. I want dozen ferraris, two dozens lamborghinis, Zonda, Könings* (Don't know how to write it), at least threee Maseratis and of course drift-cars!
Quote from Gekkibi :Okay, let's make this yet another Need for Speed. I want dozen ferraris, two dozens lamborghinis, Zonda, Könings* (Don't know how to write it), at least threee Maseratis and of course drift-cars!

It's not that hard to spell: Koe-nig-segg

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG