The online racing simulator
Quote from Skyline_Drifter_ :I'm sorry Btoryo, but that more then likely proves you were either speeding or can't drive at 55k/ph, which is the set speed there =\

I was going around 50mph and a UF1 rear ended so its not my fault.
Quote from RAYfighter :Well, make people without skill and/or brain lose their cars. Which is okay.

thats a very stupid thing to say - just lock the wheels slightly (ie if you have dirt on your tyres) and you can clip the wall, sending you into the marshall area - i lost a UF1 this way and i resent being told that i have no skill or brain due to clipping a wall, due to just being nudged on some grass earlier in the lap
#303 - Ams
Quote from Jakg :thats a very stupid thing to say - just lock the wheels slightly (ie if you have dirt on your tyres) and you can clip the wall, sending you into the marshall area - i lost a UF1 this way and i resent being told that i have no skill or brain due to clipping a wall, due to just being nudged on some grass earlier in the lap

put your brake bal. a bit to the front, and/or drive slower.
...did you read my post? i locked a wheel because of dirt on my tyre - the setup was fine
Quote from Jakg :thats a very stupid thing to say - just lock the wheels slightly (ie if you have dirt on your tyres) and you can clip the wall, sending you into the marshall area - i lost a UF1 this way and i resent being told that i have no skill or brain due to clipping a wall, due to just being nudged on some grass earlier in the lap

I have edited restricted areas twice, moving all of them further away of the road. I also came on the server and asked people let's do some tests. I took UF1 and smashed it at 50km/h to the wall at the end of Highway 1 (by the roundabout) - nothing. Tried 3-4 other parts of the wall - nothing. Smashed at 80km/h - nothing, aside of everyone laughed at my salto after the crash (but I landed back on the road). Then some guy told me that he will show me how you can get fined, he took his XFR and went over the place, I was speccing closely.
The guy pumped the XFR at 150km/h and obviously went high in the air after the terrible crash, saying "See ray? I've lost my car like this".

Do I need to say anything more?
not really, that case is different, going that fast you should lose your car if you hit a wall that hard..
Quote from RAYfighter :I have edited restricted areas twice, moving all of them further away of the road. I also came on the server and asked people let's do some tests. I took UF1 and smashed it at 50km/h to the wall at the end of Highway 1 (by the roundabout) - nothing. Tried 3-4 other parts of the wall - nothing. Smashed at 80km/h - nothing, aside of everyone laughed at my salto after the crash (but I landed back on the road). Then some guy told me that he will show me how you can get fined, he took his XFR and went over the place, I was speccing closely.
The guy pumped the XFR at 150km/h and obviously went high in the air after the terrible crash, saying "See ray? I've lost my car like this".

Do I need to say anything more?

i clipped it doing about 30 - it was just that i scrathed my front along it (not severe enough to do ANY damage), but it shot me into space, and into the martial
-
(imthebestracerthereis) DELETED by imthebestracerthereis
Quote from RAYfighter :I have edited restricted areas twice, ........

Much, much better than before, thank you for doing this.

Shift-S/Spectate correctly in pit garages & I still loose my car
I have noticed this happening alot to people. I cant seem to find the references on the forums, I think it is a lag issue. If your braking inside the pit garage and you happen to lag a bit - you will not notice this. But the server thinks you have let go of brakes and it rolls you out of the garage. Then you hit Spec/Shift-S thinking you are safe and you instantly get fined and loose your car.

I will post some pics which might help stop this happening to some.

Normal pit technique:
<--- You see this
<--- You lag creates this on the server(unsafe pit)

Modify your pit technique:
<--- You see this
<--- You lag creates this on the server(safe pit)

I dont suggest pulling an e-brake turn into a pit garage in front of a police officer. +LoL+
Attached images
pits01.JPG
pits02.JPG
pits03.JPG
pits04.JPG
yesterday after my practise (i was kinda nervous and a bit not in my mood) i went on srv2 to drive a bit. (DRIVE (crusie) not race!!) and guess waht ray? obviously ur cruiseing server made me very angree indeed!! allthough is a cruise srv u just cant cruise in it! thats the botom line!! everytime i try some nuklehead comes wrong way and slams me 50meters backwords and afterwords:"sorry!" WTF is going on? on a lap i got 2 hard hits!!untill i got angry and went after all mofos who were driving blind and iresponsible! from my relaxation time i got to the angry pissd of time! starting to hit and race like a maniac! sorry if i cant keep my cool down! **** it i will go single player from now on! at least there i can drive in peace! i think u should rename ur servers ray cuz its not reflecting the reality. or evin better make one of the servers a real CRUISING server with the same database but no money for driving no selling no transfers no buyng none of it ...just PURE DRIVING!(with the fines though) maybe then nice and careing people like me can enjoy a litle! what do u say? although i am preaty sure u wont do anything, for some reason u dont whant to change anything, i dont really know what do u enjoy some much at the rpesent situation. of course when i got 1 mil in my account i didnt give a shit for all those ill easaly sell, pit rebuy but when its for real no help its kinda frustrating crowling 10 mins to the pits and then have the curaje to try again and drive safe among those who don't. this is the last time im saying this things and those suggestions. i very much want to enjoy city driving in lfs but if it doesent change something soom ill have to reconsider sticking more to my races then this. sorry, but this is the thruth.
For those who were there at the 'fast' cruise... it was good!

It's nice for us admins to see how people can get along when most of us join in together. I'd like to see more of this!
Get more cops.... without cops the server feels abit plain after about 10 laps of cruising. Maybe it's bcos of time difference, but when im online most of the time there arent any cops in the server
Yah I lost my XRG 3 times tonight! Made me mad haha. When you loose a car, you get money back(lose connection, ect). But you dont get the full money back only part. Why cant we get the full money for the cars we lose? Its aggrivating, I dont play enough to have a stock pile of money
#313 - ukg
Apart from being full of n00bs and idiots (well in test phase anyway), u lose ur car so much on that server, that after 30mins you lose the motivation to carry on. also, if u ask some1 how to rob the bank or do the lottery ticket, no1 wants to help, cos they are all out for theirselves. This server is a waste of time, well, I suppose all of them are in a way, but Id rather enjoy wasting my time thanks.
Well i have lost 3 XRT's now and dont have any money to buy a UF1.. what should i do?
rent a car

and dont buy an XRT! (no really, i highly recommend not getting it, i lost 3 and i just stopped there, i said no more)
Quote from XCNuse :rent a car

and dont buy an XRT! (no really, i highly recommend not getting it, i lost 3 and i just stopped there, i said no more)

If i rent a car i dont earn any money!

I only play with XRT in LFS so thats the only car i gonna use
If you are renting, you are only getting paid if you drive fast, and you dont get paid untill your renter gives you the cash. So if you have a crappy renter, you may not get paid!
Quote from ukg :Apart from being full of n00bs and idiots (well in test phase anyway),

It's not a long time since we went public and both CC servers are almost constantly desperately full (2 x 23/23 players), so there is obviously a good chance to meet newbies there. And definetly also few idiots, as anywhere else after all.
Good thing to say about Caribbean Cruise is that the CLC guys are cool. (Which you can't say about few other places, unfortunately http://stewoo10.100webspace.net/index.php?topic=46.0)

Quote from ukg : u lose ur car so much on that server, that after 30mins you lose the motivation to carry on.

Well, penalty for pitting outside garages is in rules. Or maybe just don't crash so much next time?

Quote from ukg : also, if u ask some1 how to rob the bank or do the lottery ticket, no1 wants to help, cos they are all out for theirselves.

Aww common, I saw newbies explaining things on the server to "newer newbies" all the time. And noobs nicely say thanks in return. Not all join the Teamspeak server (www.maxheadroom.nu) so the chat is sometimes really flooded in game. Maybe they missed your questions?

Quote from ukg : This server is a waste of time, well, I suppose all of them are in a way, but Id rather enjoy wasting my time thanks.

No problemo!
Is that the awful stench of jealousy?

Well, what seems strange to me is that the rules state that all users should observe posted speed limits and yet the money system rewards fast driving. The faster you go, the more you get, so what do you expect people to do?

Personally, I tend to spend a lot of the time hotlapping in order to save up for the more expensive cars, but I keep an eye on the map and do my best to ensure that I'm not rounding a corner in the wrong lane and 99% of the time it all goes well. However, as has been said, a lot of people really don't give a sh*t. There were two idiots in CC #2 yesterday driving around in black UF1's and they were all over the place driving flat out and blatantly ignoring the rules dozens of times per lap. Every time I saw them lap me from the other direction they were cutting corners and in my lane. Sure, they were probably having a blast, but they weren't concerned with anyone else.

Last thing I wanna mention is that I'm also getting tired of people stopping in the middle of the road to chat, including on a NUMBER of occasions, the cops. If I'm approaching someone from behind and they're just cruising, I'll usually slow down and pass when it's safe, but that's not easy to do when the person suddenly slams on the brakes to finish typing their message. It's extremely annoying and has left me limping back to the pits many times. If you're going to type a message, check your map or mirrors, put on a turn signal and PULL OVER.

As people have said, a greater police presence helps control poor behavior and also makes crusing much more interesting. Do you guys need more cops? I'd be glad to join, it would be an absolute joy fining people that don't wanna play along and preserving the experience for those that do.
Quote from DrDNA :Well, what seems strange to me is that the rules state that all users should observe posted speed limits and yet the money system rewards fast driving. The faster you go, the more you get, so what do you expect people to do?

Personally, I tend to spend a lot of the time hotlapping in order to save up for the more expensive cars, but I keep an eye on the map and do my best to ensure that I'm not rounding a corner in the wrong lane and 99% of the time it all goes well. However, as has been said, a lot of people really don't give a sh*t. There were two idiots in CC #2 yesterday driving around in black UF1's and they were all over the place driving flat out and blatantly ignoring the rules dozens of times per lap. Every time I saw them lap me from the other direction they were cutting corners and in my lane. Sure, they were probably having a blast, but they weren't concerned with anyone else.

Last thing I wanna mention is that I'm also getting tired of people stopping in the middle of the road to chat, including on a NUMBER of occasions, the cops. If I'm approaching someone from behind and they're just cruising, I'll usually slow down and pass when it's safe, but that's not easy to do when the person suddenly slams on the brakes to finish typing their message. It's extremely annoying and has left me limping back to the pits many times. If you're going to type a message, check your map or mirrors, put on a turn signal and PULL OVER.

As people have said, a greater police presence helps control poor behavior and also makes crusing much more interesting. Do you guys need more cops? I'd be glad to join, it would be an absolute joy fining people that don't wanna play along and preserving the experience for those that do.

Yes, the faster you go the more you earn. Because what would be the point then with already suggested reversed cash flow to buy a GTR? (There were suggestions to change the cash flow formula so that you earn nothing when stopped, earn max when going 90km/h, and again nothing when at 140km/h for exampleillepall). No no no, IRL you break speed limits because you need more time = money, right? Aside of pure joy of going fast. Let's have it here exactly like that! And instead of implementing some harsh system of autoban 2 weeks when crossing 100km/h let's have some better system of rewarding traffic cops for doing their job plus some system support for civilians so they can call 911 and report the wrong way morons or car crash.
@DrDNA, my thoughts exactly. I run around speeding on the server as well (I also do this IRL ). On the server, I do attempt to keep in my own lane, but on some of the turns, yea, it is fun to cut. As you, I make every attempt to keep an eye on the map to make sure no one is coming my way up ahead. I don't think I have had an accident from blatently cutting the corners, but have had many many accidents from others. Sure, my car may drift over the line a bit when running hard, but not the blatent corner cutting that you see from everyone else (except on infrequent occasions after checking the map).

As for the stopping in the road to chat, ok, I may be guilty of this as well. I'm probably 50/50 on stopping in the middle and pulling over to chat. Gotta work on that because it is annoying.

No, we don't need any changes in how the money is calculated. We need cops to do more roll playing in patrolling the road and sitting at a "speed trap" waiting for speeders. If you want to make more money, you exceed the speed limits. The risk to that is, if you get caught, you pay a fine. Just as in real life. If I'm late for work, I drive over the speed limit. The sooner I get to work, the more money I make (and the sooner I can jump on the forum here, LOL). If I get caught doing this, I get a fine, but I still get to work earlier and make the money. This is the whole point of the game here. Make money, yet don't get caught speeding around.

I rarely see any cops on the server since I'm in the US. On the weekends, when I log on in the morning/afternoon, I see one server full of cops and the other server with none. If I happen to be able to get on the servers when the cops are on, they are usually gathered together in a big group or they are speeding around themselves. No one really patrols and no one really "plays" the game.
I've applied to be a cop. No reply yet though.
DrDNA & mrodgers,

Same here about the driving. I think that if more people would look at the minimap whilst driving fast, there'd be a lot less big accidents.

Of course, hardcore mode might be preferred, but it doesn't work when people drive like tits.
Quote from Chris P :Same here about the driving. I think that if more people would look at the minimap whilst driving fast, there'd be a lot less big accidents.

even if they aren't going lol
90% of the bad crashes happen on the bridge because idiots going reverse direction leave the wrong way thus cause problems, and yes i've watched out for them on the minimap, the crash that i lost my LX6 in was inevitable, there was no way of going around that, i slowed down almost to a stop and was hit by someone going wrong direction and on the wrong side and i lost my car so...

but yea.. people need to watch their map more often, i never go on the wrong side of the road or anything if i see someone else comming the other way

as for money, i did a little calculation last night, with some help from Mr Phonso we did some test runs in our XFRs, and this is what i came up with:
(slow was done with pit limiter on, and keeping constant speed as much as possible, fast was done.. going fast as possible obviously lol)
slow: 5.05.xx laptime, earned 220 euro, that will get you about 2.6k euro an hour
fast: sub 3.xx laptime (was a 2.58.xx) earned 170 euro, that will get you about 3.4k an hour

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG