The online racing simulator
Could you not at least bring down the penalty for disconnections as i was on ther server for 2 hours this morning and at least 5 people lost their cars. I have lost many cars myself and it's so annoying to realise you have lost your car after driving about for hours to get it. When the server first opened some of the CLC members were giving refnds to drivers who had lost their cars but now nothing is done at all. I've also had problems when ive been deep into the pit garage, pressed shift + s and i lose my car. Sometimes people disconnect intentionally but things like this aren't the players fault and it seems unfair. There probably isn't one player who hasn't lost a car on this server and working so hard to get your desired car results in nothing when you lose the car and get 70
% i think it is of the cash back.
yeah i agree if u could somehow get the programme to recognise timing out specifically would be kool

also this has happened to me a few times.... i bump those red + white barriers at like 5 km/h....and it says i went into restricted area....but my car didnt go anywhere but like 3 cm back from the barrier

is it meant to be like that ?
has that happend to anyone else ?

Thanx
:banghead:
i just lost 2 XRTs and 2 UF1s through the dumb marshals, 2 times were not my fault, this last one i guess you could call it my fault slightly

the first time was in an XRT, I was going the correct direction of the racetrack, i missed the braking i guess, and i bumped (yes only a small bump) the wall, and i lost my XRT, ontop of a UF1, for bumping a wall, i bounced back, and then was autospectated and lost my cars
the 2nd time was absolutely totally not my fault at all, i was going through the barrier things underneath the bridge, clipped one, flung me into the ones past the bridge, and they launched me into the woods thus sending me and i lost my car there

this last time i was going the opposite direction, and went slightly into the hole of the turns at the beginning of the bridge, and lost my XRT there...

..dumb marshals, i've lost 4 cars and a good amount of cash to them
I just started a mafia going on server 2 (I think it was server 2). It was a good idea but we had too many cars not actually wanting to rob the bank. It was also foiled by the cops turning up to catch someone else. Blakjekaas put up the best fight, keeping them off for about 2 minutes. Next time I hope for more people.

(Pic attached)
Attached images
mafia.JPG
after thinking about it, im fine with the marshals, a fine is perfectly okay, but having ALL of your cars taken away? thats just rediculous, thats like saying if you drove on a private property, someone could take your cars, your house, and everything you own.. just for driving somewhere you shouldn't be.. its not like that, if you do that IRL you just get a small fine, not evvvverything taken away

(yes i know this is a game, no i dont care that it is, im just trying to make the server more user friendly before everyone leaves because of this dumb rule)
#282 - Ams
Quote from XCNuse :after thinking about it, im fine with the marshals, a fine is perfectly okay, but having ALL of your cars taken away? thats just rediculous, thats like saying if you drove on a private property, someone could take your cars, your house, and everything you own.. just for driving somewhere you shouldn't be.. its not like that, if you do that IRL you just get a small fine, not evvvverything taken away

(yes i know this is a game, no i dont care that it is, im just trying to make the server more user friendly before everyone leaves because of this dumb rule)

Yeah, the restricted area penalty should be lowered, or taken away...
As said before, we realise how frustrating it is, but look at it this way. What if you didn't have any money to pay the fine? What would happen if we didn't take away your car? By doing so we have a fine that'll work all the time.

The restricted areas are being looked at. So they might change in the near future. However, if everyone drove calmly and cautiously there wouldn't be any problems with the marshals, would there?
lol there wouldn't be if the barriers didn't launch cars 1000 feet per second
I have complaint about RICHIC .

The bank was open and a german do know who blocked it
so i said im gonna push him out and if i rob just get the money but leave me alone dont spec me because i wanted to help

and no RICHIC puttted me on spec with my uf1 i dont have money to buy a knew one
i said CLEARLY that i would help and maby rob and not run away!!!!1

Why he heggg did he do it then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really mad now 2ND time he is doing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well lets put it this way Skander..

"Man sais to cop: i Officer im just gonna rob this bank. would you mind not arresting me for it"
"cop sais: NO!!!"

thats about it really.. if your robbing the bank then the cops will act on you.

If theres somebody camping in the bank then either a.) A cop will deal with it or b.) a cop will think about dealing with it.
Quote from XCNuse :after thinking about it, im fine with the marshals, a fine is perfectly okay, but having ALL of your cars taken away?

ALL of your cars? It is only the car that you are currently driving, isn't it? I don't know as I haven't had more than 1 car at a time yet. If it is indeed ALL of your cars, and giving back 50% of each, then that really needs to be figured out and changed. They don't take my Altima because I wrecked or did something wrong in my Toyota.

At Chris P's comment, yea, I completely understand about "if you don't have the money to pay the fine.." aspect of it. But, taking the car and giving only 50% back is unfair in the amount the different cars are worth. But, then again, I guess the fines could be said to be pro-rated on how you are driving, which with the faster, more expensive cars you were probably driving much faster and more wrecklessly than the slower cars.
Just confirming it only takes the car you are driving. not all.
Quote from franky500 :Well lets put it this way Skander..

"Man sais to cop: i Officer im just gonna rob this bank. would you mind not arresting me for it"
"cop sais: NO!!!"

thats about it really.. if your robbing the bank then the cops will act on you.

If theres somebody camping in the bank then either a.) A cop will deal with it or b.) a cop will think about dealing with it.

thats not what i said!?

is said i wanted to push out a guy who was blocking so i needed to go in pit and said take the money but dont put me on spectate because i loose my car then so the point is i wanted to get the @^@#$ out of the pit!!! and not put me on spec so loose my car!11
Quote from skander :I have complaint about RICHIC .

The bank was open and a german do know who blocked it
so i said im gonna push him out and if i rob just get the money but leave me alone dont spec me because i wanted to help

and no RICHIC puttted me on spec with my uf1 i dont have money to buy a knew one
i said CLEARLY that i would help and maby rob and not run away!!!!1

Why he heggg did he do it then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

really mad now 2ND time he is doing this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed this, just like you missed my message saying "stop complaining" :banghead:
I told everyone that if you're caught robbing the bank, you will be forced into spectate - many people saw this, and many people continued complaining when it happened to them. The cops will not bend over and let everyone run riot.
I am reading carefully through your posts guys and also trying to listen to particular situations on servers...

Let me try to explain my reasons why the gameplay rules are set like this, and also try to think aloud why they maybe wouldn't work too well being changed like most of you want:

Main idea:
conceptual language: to add the real life respect when driving a car (or fear if you wish) to the game, which in return brings the adrenaline you get when driving €100.000 Porsche at 200km/h on the tight countryside road or through the night city.
in-game language: to reward players who never crash their car nor anyone else's car, but still can drive fast

The very 1st (naive) idea I've got was to read the damage level of player's car and make him pay for repairs. That's not possible to implement because there is no such information available within InSim packets.
Shift+S, Spectate and also leaving the server were not too realistic - cars mysteriously disappearing from the road are very arcadish indeed. Same for the most arcadish crap in this game - the RESET button. To penalize crashers, and also to make people nicely drive inside the garage to leave the track, we have introduced the pitting fine. RESET we hoped to be managed by the new dedicated server option "/canreset no" which is already in setup.cfg but unfortunately doesn't do anything yet. To futher reduce the reckless driving I also placed few restriced areas around the track which automatically put you in spec when you drive over them. (All of them are placed behind barriers and will get fine tuned to avoid capturing even light crashes when player is lagged)

This system brought two problems:
  1. players get fined even when trying to properly pit from inside the garage:
    This is mostly caused by player's lag, especially when combined with "can't pit, player is connecting" when your car is slowly rolling outside the garage without you noticing and when you finally pit, you were already outside the detected area.
    If you've lost some cars like this, I would suggest to park in the middle of big garage at both ends of a working pitlane (those work as well and are easily accessible), your gear on "N" and your handbreak on, wait few seconds and press Shift+S when you are sure that your car is standing still.
  2. players get fined when losing their connection to the server:
    We never wanted to punish you for your poor connection guys! I just wanted to catch cheaters who want to avoid paying fines (or escape from the police chase for example) by exiting the game with Alt+F4. Unfortunately InSim packets don't tell any difference between the "Disconnected" and "Lost Connection". If we turn this off, what will stop wreckers and cheaters from constantly slapping the door at the server? (leaving and rejoining again and again)
The fine how it works now:
your current car is sold for a 50% of its price which results in you losing that car but getting half of the money back on your account.

What you are suggesting:
you don't lose your car, you just pay 50% of its full price as the fine

It actually worked like that before we went public. Why we changed? Chris already explained above - if you don't have enough money, you won't sell your last car, i know you well!
With old rule we also had the bankruptcy feature - if you don't have enough money, you get 24h ban and then you can start over (your account gets reset). We removed the automatic banning because it goes to Scavier and they might suspend some licences after several bans/months.

Now we are seriously considering to get it back in a next version.
the auto ban is a good idea, but like you said, not very plausible, it makes sense to have a bankruptcy though lol, every day see a few people that need some cash for the UF1

after getting a hang of the server i think its much better than first time use

i will say this though, once use to it, it does make LFS feel like a completely different game, it makes the cars feel.. more valueable if you know what i mean, its not like GT4 or something where its like.. oh yea yea i just got like a billion dollars im gonna get a Mclaren F1 and beat the game, its more like.. well i first compared it to the game The Sims, which it somewhat is like that, it makes driving faster cars more of a "treat" persay

the only problems i have now are as follows:
1: i still think the cops get way to much money for catching bank robbers (i'd say 25% or less, of what is stolen should be given)
2also to do with cops) all of the cops seem to join at the same time, and leave at the same time, they all joined around noon (GMT) and all left 3 or 4 hours afterward, and all the rest of the time there are absolutely no cops at all, maybe one will appear but will quickly leave because there are no others
i dont have a problem with the cops, im just saying, they all seem to be located in the same place thus join and leave at the same time, giving everyone else.. never a chance to experience the 'coplife'
3: this isn't really a problem, but i think you can clear it up the best, i've heard that the server will be reset for the new insim mod, and am curious if we will lose all of our money/cars?
Very nice post Ray, thank you for the thoughts.

Quote from RAYfighter :The very 1st (naive) idea I've got was to read the damage level of player's car and make him pay for repairs. That's not possible to implement because there is no such information available within InSim packets.

Yes, this is a shame as something like this would be even more realistic.

Quote :This system brought two problems:

players get fined when losing their connection to the server:
We never wanted to punish you for your poor connection guys! I just wanted to catch cheaters who want to avoid paying fines (or escape from the police chase for example) by exiting the game with Alt+F4. Unfortunately InSim packets don't tell any difference between the "Disconnected" and "Lost Connection". If we turn this off, what will stop wreckers and cheaters from constantly slapping the door at the server? (leaving and rejoining again and again)

With the lottery, we already have something like this going on anyways, except that they go to the garage, disconnect, reconnect, get another lottery, disconnect, reconnect, rinse and repeat. All evening long last night.[/quote]

The only way to get rid of what I wrote right there (other than the limiting of lottery like the test server was to 24 hours) and what I bolded in your text is admins. As far as I'm concerned, someone who would alt-F4 out of LFS to get away from a cop, would not be capable of rejoining the server again as that would be an instant ban. Admin'ing on a server such as this is just too light. If you don't want to play by the games rules, then you don't play the game.

On the note of the lottery, the one problem with limiting to 1 lottery every 24 hours is, if I played in the evening one night and got the lottery, and the following day I connect earlier planning on not staying as late as I was, then I wouldn't be able to get the lottery. This, in my eyes, would be 2 separate gaming sessions for me and I feel I should be able to get the lottery on both sessions. Maybe implement the lottery lockout time again, but make it something like 12 hours. I'd be happy with that.

Quote :The fine how it works now:
your current car is sold for a 50% of its price which results in you losing that car but getting half of the money back on your account.

What you are suggesting:
you don't lose your car, you just pay 50% of its full price as the fine

It actually worked like that before we went public. Why we changed? Chris already explained above - if you don't have enough money, you won't sell your last car, i know you well!

Those two rules people might not realize is EXACTLY THE SAME! No matter if you loose your car and recieve 50% back or you have to pay 50% of the price in a fine, you are still paying the same amount. The lost car guarantee's that the fine is paid, just as they said. (comment geared more to the players than to you Ray)

Quote :With old rule we also had the bankruptcy feature - if you don't have enough money, you get 24h ban and then you can start over (your account gets reset). We removed the automatic banning because it goes to Scavier and they might suspend some licences after several bans/months.

Now we are seriously considering to get it back in a next version.

I don't like the idea of banning because you are bankrupt. The fact that folks enter with no money for a car is actually a nice feature in that others can and are "renting out" their cars through the "take over car" feature and paying the renter a portion of money made per lap. It is another "job" aspect of the game that I'm not sure if it was intended that way, but is a very nice feature. The person with the car for rent gets paid for his car and the person renting can aquire the agreed upon amount to build back up to buy his own car.

Let's see if I got all the [quote.]...[/quote.] tags right (LOL, I didn't, it took the "..." there as a quote, hehe)
[Submit Reply]
oh wow.. i didn't know that disconnected because of lag gets rid of all of your cars this sucks
Quote from XCNuse :oh wow.. i didn't know that disconnected because of lag gets rid of all of your cars this sucks

Does it? I lost my UF1 while I was saving up for RB4 (As you know since you lent me some money to buy it after I lost my UF1 Thanks again btw!) right outside of the garage, I was getting my car fixed and suddenly it said "lost connection to host". I hope that doesn't happen with my RB4! Hope you're having fun with your FZ5!
Both servers are password protected now. Whats the password?
not anymore
Can you guys please remmove the Marshall on the bridge. It's kinda pointless. All they do is stand there and make people loose their cars. Example I was driving on my LX4 and some bloke on a UF1 rear ended me I press the brakes but I hit a barrier went flying and lost my car. And the reason they are there is to keep people from speeding rite? But people still ignore them anyways. I just wish that they can tell the difference beetween a car accident and a speeding accident. Anyways I was lucky enough to have buy my LX4 back.
Quote from Btoryo :Can you guys please remmove the Marshall on the bridge. It's kinda pointless. All they do is stand there and make people loose their cars.

And that's the point.
Well, make people without skill and/or brain lose their cars. Which is okay.
I'm sorry Btoryo, but that more then likely proves you were either speeding or can't drive at 55k/ph, which is the set speed there =\

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG