The online racing simulator
Ya mate I saw that..... No refunds anymore......
well how about a HUGE sign at the entrance of the server
"No warrantys of any kind"
In that case no one can moan about the loss of their cars

btw lost my lx4 while -flying- (with approx 120Km/h) into restricted airspace, due to these GREAT red/white barriers that send you into space when looked at them the wrong way...

okay enough of that...

regards
May i ask, what is the point of the marshalls that make you lose your car? Bercause all they do for me is take my car.
Quote from Rappa Z :May i ask, what is the point of the marshalls that make you lose your car? Bercause all they do for me is take my car.

The following is not at you personally, Rappa Z. I'm only using what you typed as a general quote.

It is a cruise server and they are there to entice you to cruise rather than race around the track. If you want to race around the track, you do it at your own risk of losing your car through a fine.

The fine is losing your car, because if you had no money, you could not pay the fine. The fine is half the cost of the car you were in. The lost car and reimbursement of 50% of the value ensures that you can and have paid the fine.

There are speed limits on the roads. If you followed the speed limits like you are suppose to for cruising, then I'm afraid there is no hope for you behind a wheel if you can't cruise without hitting a barrier or a restricted area.

Common complaints:

"I braked too late on the bridge and ran into the wall at the end and it said I drove into a restricted area and lost my car. I want a refund."

"I hit a barrier coming onto the bridge and it catapaulted my car into the air and it said I landed in a restricted area and I lost my car. I want a refund."

"I hit shift-s to change my setup and it said 'fined!' and I lost my car. I want a refund. Sorry, I haven't read the rules."

And many others. These are the server's fault how? My suggestion is that YOU don't brake late and YOU follow the speed limits and don't hit the barriers and YOU read the rules to figure out the game. This is a fun "game" mod for LFS and is not meant for you to be driving around at race speeds. You can and make more cash as a result, but you do it at a risk, just like IRL when you speed around.

Why complain about it? If you don't like it and don't think it's "fair", don't play. It's really is that simple.
Well said!

.... and please use our own forum for complaints/suggestions.
ok, i agreee with mrodgers on his marshall-drive-safely-point but i don't entirely agree with the rest.
For example what do you say about losing your car while trying to pit inside the garages via menu?
In the event of beeing "fined" by failure i find it "slightly" unpleasant to be set back to day 1 (of earnings) just because the script doesn't recognise YOU standing INSIDE the pit-garage.
For these events of mis-fining i would be delighted if users get a compensation.
And yes, i do understand that the admins over at clc are frustrated by the amount of demands from users who lost something.

regards
Why does the server get randomly passworded?
Thanks Chris, but when will you get the patch W9 update ???
Frank500 (the bloke who hosts the server) said he's waiting to see how the servers will cope and how quick updates come etc before updating any of his cutomers servers to W9 - aka if every 23 slotter became a 47 slotter he'll need double the bandwidth!
so what, disconnect serv two indefinintely (the one wich wasen't online often lately) and "date-em-up"

greets

<<< misses the "alt+s" keyboard posting shortcut... *sniff*
there is another reason why the CLC servers are still on V2. that is because untill the new version of clis (the app that runs the things in carribean cruise) is released the old version does not work with the new insim packets.

additionally. i am hoping that by waiting a couple of days (which most can cope with) there may be a different / official patch available. which will make things alot easier.
Quote from micha1980de :so what, disconnect serv two indefinintely (the one wich wasen't online often lately) and "date-em-up"

greets

<<< misses the "alt+s" keyboard posting shortcut... *sniff*

Running servers 1 and 2 simultaneoulsy caused problems with the mod. So they only run one server 24/7 now. That was down temporarially at approx 5am-7am GMT today. It is up and running now.

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG