The online racing simulator
And it's crashed again. When I try to get back in, it keeps showing player already connecting, and then the server is full
yea, same happened to me a whie ago. Saw that 4/15 slots were full, ran over and a player was connecting. Then it was full.

I think it should be two servers to stop so much meyhem. But we'd need 5 servers if everyone who wanted to get in could play.
i gave it a try and i just dont get it ... maybe its because there were no cops around but i just dont get it

btw would people be interested in bank services ? loans accounts etc ?
just contact Josef Ackermann on the server
-
(Rappa Z) DELETED by Rappa Z
Had some great fun there, being a Cadet
I had a go earlier today. Usually never see me on City servers btu this one seemed pretty good. Although I crashed and lost my XF GTi due to entering a restricted area I had no way out.

Still don't know how the lottery works and why the same people keep winning it. So tried my luck on robbing the bank but didnt get too far with tweak in the lx6 onto me.

Overall had fun, but even after reading the webiste I wasn't 100% on how it all worked. Driving around got a bit boring after a while trying to earn money, lottery seems the only way to actually get any cash.

There might be a bug that you can loan ur car to soemone and then go to the garage and start driving again. so it's like you had two cars, might even be able to rent more than 1 car at a time and get them back.
Tweaker:

I read your comments and, as the author of the website, do appreciate what you have to say. It's good when someone gives an honest, well thought of opinion. However, I have good reason for dividing the main aspects the way I did.

Firstly, I want to say that most questions can be answered by the website if people would just be bothered sitting down and reading it carefully. An example was someone (won't say names) kept on pitting outside of the garages. I said go and look at the website, because that rule is pretty clear on there imho.

Secondly, I do agree with the fact that losing your car if you get busted - after robbing the bank - isn't as clear as it could be. So I'll definitely look into that. In saying that, we do try to stress how important it is to us how real CLIS feels. So, with just a little common sense, someone could think about what happens when they get caught robbing the bank...

Another question which I wish I never read was "How do I earn money without robbing the bank or winning the lottery?". After replying something in the lines of "Look at the website for the rules etc." I honestly think it's rude to start complaining that you don't get an answer after that. I'm reading the website as I'm typing this and see that if you click on "money" the first line you read is: " You start off with €4.000,-. In order to gain money you just have to drive around."

We had a user on last night who I welcomed and asked if he had read the website - which he did - and I didn't 'notice' one problem he had. I wish more people were like him!

In regard to your comment about joining and not getting a chance to read the welcome messages... I also agree with you on that point. If LFS had more in the way of personal messaging it would probably be much easier to fix, but in the mean time, we'll have to do what we've got.

I think this is long enough for now.
He is whise who can read in white.

Lottery ticket - original pits box 13
Get price - other pits box 6
Quote from Chris P :Tweaker:

I read your comments and, as the author of the website, do appreciate what you have to say. It's good when someone gives an honest, well thought of opinion. However, I have good reason for dividing the main aspects the way I did.

Firstly, I want to say that most questions can be answered by the website if people would just be bothered sitting down and reading it carefully. An example was someone (won't say names) kept on pitting outside of the garages. I said go and look at the website, because that rule is pretty clear on there imho.

Secondly, I do agree with the fact that losing your car if you get busted - after robbing the bank - isn't as clear as it could be. So I'll definitely look into that. In saying that, we do try to stress how important it is to us how real CLIS feels. So, with just a little common sense, someone could think about what happens when they get caught robbing the bank...

Another question which I wish I never read was "How do I earn money without robbing the bank or winning the lottery?". After replying something in the lines of "Look at the website for the rules etc." I honestly think it's rude to start complaining that you don't get an answer after that. I'm reading the website as I'm typing this and see that if you click on "money" the first line you read is: " You start off with €4.000,-. In order to gain money you just have to drive around."

We had a user on last night who I welcomed and asked if he had read the website - which he did - and I didn't 'notice' one problem he had. I wish more people were like him!

In regard to your comment about joining and not getting a chance to read the welcome messages... I also agree with you on that point. If LFS had more in the way of personal messaging it would probably be much easier to fix, but in the mean time, we'll have to do what we've got.

I think this is long enough for now.

About your bank. I was rammed in their and was caught. I lost my LX6 for no reason and I didn't get it back.:gnasher:
Damnit i've gotta try this server sometime
That's if you can get in :P
Even us admins have to wait...
I've installed the files needed including the Horn5, but I hear no Police-sirene. Not when I use it or when police does, all I hear is that anoying #5 hornsound ?
I tried reinstall file more than once, to no avail....solution ?

The new patch doesnt use the old RAW sound files. It uses new WAV format. So the siren wont work until you get a horn siren for HORN.wav.
I've made a new horn5, but it isn't on the website yet. We're thinking of having several to download depending on what kind of music you listen to.
I would think that the horn that would be best for CC would be that of a Spanish Police vehicle, you know the one sthey use in foreign countries, they sound nothing like the ones from USA/UK, although a proper UK siren should be made with the small interlude that they have.
i think you should set another server up with the biggest south city config and run the app thingy in that too. and have different police car skins and slightly different laws. would be excellent. and import cars from fern bay to south city.

although it wouldnt be caribbean cruise no more, more like international cruise

and if you really wanted to go to town we could fly to west hill in england,

or japan with its outer-ring motorway system

il shut up now cos im having to many insane ideas.
lol, its full all the time, haven't had the chanse to try it out :-(
a good 10-20 minutes of watching should show a open slot at least once. Can't wait to go on later tonight.
Quote from Tweaker :I'm trying to get my badge and uniform at this very moment . Hopefully I'll be back on showing you my lights in your mirrors

Tweaker out of all the people that asked to be cops, your the one that qualifies most, pm me your hotmail, or yahoo messenger ID, so we can discuss further about yout enrollment
Server is stuffed atm :P
Someone reset this bad boy, i love this server, i need to play on it!!
lol, later.
Yep looks like server is down
Wonderful server you all have set up :]
Its a pretty good game but its messed up by cops not following the dam rules. I just got busted by some cop ramming me and it hadn't even got anywhere near condition 3 or whatever it is. His argument was that it was "light ramming". I don't care, it was ramming, whether it was light or not. I will be sending an email to the address listed on the website in a few minutes.

I also saw some of the cops blocking someone in the bank. They'd robbed the bank earlier and the cool-off period hadn't finished so at the time he wasn't robbing the bank. The cops blocked him in until the cool-off period finished and he was instantly busted. IMO that should warrant a ban

Overall I think I've lost about 45,000€ of game money by cops not following the rules. Please sort it out and, if possible, I'd like to be refunded for: 1x LX4, 1x LX6.

I can provide names if you want them, PM me if you do.
I agree on the cops being unruly deal. My theory is that since there is game money involved for them, they feel they can do whatever is necessary to quickly "kill" the bank robber. On top of that, it should be harder than just having to slow down the bad guy to bust them, I have been busted TWICE while still moving and easily could have gotten away, it was during low-speed manuevering to outwit the cop.
Yeah, that's another thing, the busted system is too sensitive, I've been moving away from the cop and I've been busted.
Quote from Leifde :Yeah, that's another thing, the busted system is too sensitive, I've been moving away from the cop and I've been busted.

That's usually from lag. If you are lagging, your car appears to stop for a brief moment. Then if the police car is stopped and right next to you when this happens, it will say busted. The best thing to do is to never try and get yourself in a jam and NEVER try and backup or turn around when a cop is nearby, because you are trying to change directions, and in doing that it makes you 'stop' in a sense before going the other way.

If you think the light ramming is unnecessary, think about the situation... You're speeding away from the cop and endangering others... and you've robbed a bank. All cops have at least taken into account that the first 30 seconds of a chase AT LEAST should just be a 'light patrol' without contact. However whenever this is underway, many robbers will brake and change direction rapidly. The cop will sometimes hit the robber not on purpose, but because they locked their brakes and are trying to make sudden reactions. It's not easy, and especially when lag is at play a bit. You try chasing someone comfortably, and then try to ram them. They'd feel the same way about the ramming, anyone does that in CNR. Cops don't play touchy-feely in real-life if you robbed a bank or committed a big crime, it's serious stuff. The game is all role playing, play along. If you enjoy taking such risks of robbing a bank, have at it. You just need to know what you're in for, and stop acting like it is a kiddie game of tag.

AFAIK, no cops have done any of the crazy intentional ramming like you see in other CnR servers (eg, fullspeed ramming headons, or completely wild driving). They all have at least done well in doing the so called "light ramming" by doing the classic pit manuever which in a sense IS NOT ramming, but only a forceful move to try and get your car to lose control to make it easier to stop you. People are too sensitive on the use of this technique, and just call it "ramming" which is absolutely ludicrous. It is perfectly fine when a robber isn't obeying the police officer. AND not to mention, how many robbers WILL ever pull over in a chase and stop? I've only seen one that has done such a thing, and that is because he didn't know what was going on (new to the game). That said, the cops on the server know you wont stop with whatever is thrown at them, so how is a few nudges here and there going to be so bad? There is a 5 minute timeframe, and a lot can happen to have a cop lose a robber in that limit.... whereas a reallife chase could just go on for hours, and the cops don't have that amount of time.

I'd repeat that a lot of the hits that cops have when the chase starts, they are really never on purpose. The control of the car of both the players is at question, because the robber can slide out, or the cop can slide out, and anyone can accidentally hit each other in the first stages of the chase. It's no use being bugged about it and saying "wtf!!! cop why'd you hit me?!!?" That's just silly. illepall

It turns out to be a lot like a kid's game of tag if you complain about things in the game (even when it was perfectly normal). And people yelling "hey no tagbacks!" or "I am safe, you can't touch me, hardy har har!!". :rolleyes:

This isn't a place to discuss this further anyways, take it on their forums if you feel so 'cheated': http://z6.invisionfree.com/citylife

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG