The online racing simulator
Whatever, just let me get in the damn server now Been trying for ages lol... preferred it much more when it was private, at least I could play then
@Tweak - I know I shouldn't carry on here but I wanted to say something. The PIT maneuver is fine, I don't mind about that. The case earlier was right at the start of the chase. The cop had driven in front of me, I went round him (between him and a barrier) and he reversed straight into me. I know this would probably happen IRL but according to the rules on the website police are not allowed to do this.

Thanks for telling me about the busted system and lag, I'd never thought about that

All I'm really saying is make it a bit fairer for the robbers, I mean everyone likes a good chase, what fun is it when it's ended straight away by a cop deliberately ramming you.
The rules for the police on the website are in accordance to a robber who is being chased and is driving in front of them wrecklessley and dangerously. It doesn't account for being jammed in tight places and hitting each other in such a situation. Everyone is eager to run away as a robber, so they will even blow past a cop, even if he gets hit. The same goes for the cop when trying to catch the robber, there are many times that some hits aren't intentional the moment a chase starts, especially when the car comparison is really outweighing the situation.
What people need to realise is that this is a cruising server!
Another thing. If you don't like being caught, don't break the law! The fines are staggering imo, so I tend to stay away from the police or stop when they ask me to. Which I did and only got a € 250,- fine!
Quote from Chris P :What people need to realise is that this is a cruising server!

I think you need to make the money earned from cruising a bit more Chris.

In the FZR or any car, if I did a fast lap in such a car (around a 2:30.x laptime or something with probably 100mph avg speed), I only earn about 200-250 dollars A LAP!! This is just way too little for how fast I was going. Then put the UF1 in perspective.... you just cnanot make enough with that car. The driving aspect is time consuming, and doesn't give enough in return, so you see a lot of people asking how else they can make money. There aren't many people actually "cruising/driving" around because it doesn't make you that much money at all! The chart says you can make a few K in an hour, but I just don't think that will ever happen with how some people are driving on the course, along with some police chases.

You should honestly make the earnings of driving around the course a bit more, and make it so the cops don't earn cash from driving, because they earn enough just from busting robbers.... A lot of civilians are so broke and they cannot make enough money, it takes SO LONG to actually get a good car. The only way you can really luck out is from the lottery. It shouldn't be just the lottery and the bank to earn cash if the goal of the server is for people to cruise. You don't make enough by cruising, so it doesn't encourage it so much, and people try and find other things to do. Just my suggestion... because the cruising doesn't give you that much money at all, it should be a bit more valuable honestly.
agreed there tweak. The cruising aspect in the server has no real appeal atall when ur driving round the corner and get smashed by some1 who just robbed the bank , has a better car and more money than you. Cruising needs to get more rewards
big problems tonight. No cops were on duty and it was possible to rob the bank. So at least 8-10 people were going to the bank, robbing, driving around, bank, robbing and so on. Also it was possible to win more than one lottery ticket per connection i think. So that was abused too. A whole lot of money that shouldn't be won has been won.(at least 500000 units of cash)
Quote from Rappa Z :big problems tonight. No cops were on duty and it was possible to rob the bank. So at least 8-10 people were going to the bank, robbing, driving around, bank, robbing and so on. Also it was possible to win more than one lottery ticket per connection i think. So that was abused too. A whole lot of money that shouldn't be won has been won.(at least 500000 units of cash)

Noticed this after the crash / reconnect, I think its stuck in a loop or something because some commands were not working also.
Quote from Rappa Z :big problems tonight. No cops were on duty and it was possible to rob the bank.

If anyone had the name like Officer«»Username -- and they were playing/driving on the track... then the bank would be OPEN. If they were spectating it would've been closed. If there were absolutely no cops present, then yeah, it's in a loop as it does after it crashes. Bummer about people earning such cash when it goes haywire
Quote from Tweaker :If anyone had the name like Officer«»Username -- and they were playing/driving on the track... then the bank would be OPEN. If they were spectating it would've been closed. If there were absolutely no cops present, then yeah, it's in a loop as it does after it crashes. Bummer about people earning such cash when it goes haywire

Me, Cropsy and James were back on the server all changed back to our Normal names, When we noticed bank being robbed still, we went back on as cops for a while but then all left a while later. obviously it must have still been happening after we left also.
Tried it, meh dont like it. Honestly I dont see the point.. If I wanted to drive around, treated like an idiot and swore at, id go out for a walk in my home city. Each to their own and all that, it seems like a great mod, but just not what I paid to drive.

Good Luck!!
There is no motivation to cruise because you make jack from it. Now it's more of a GTA style gae where you haver todo missions to earn money like lottery which is way to easy or robbing the bank. Funny thing is you can earn more from the lottery than robbing the bank and the higher risk is with the bank.

The lottery wins way too much money and robbing the bank is futile because the cops have faster cars and just ram you off and your car is done for. They also shouldn't take the loot, they should perhaps earn an hourly wage.

Robbers can have their car impounded and then pay a fee to get it back, losing it outright sucks big time. You lose the dough, atleast you should be able to get your car back atleast.
About loosing your car, well it is simple: wreckers, if they wreck and destroy their cars so they are unable to get back to pits, they will have to pit manually, thus their car being lost, once they get to having not enough money to buy new car, they quit. Aside from wreckers the system seems to work fine and reduced the amount of crashes as people know that it can be a dangerous adventure, bank robberies are a quick way of making money and many abuse this so to lessen the chances of people walking away with too much money, if you are busted you loose your car (when you pit) until then you can fix it in the yellow box and cruise to make up money for a new car.

If any of this is wrong then the members of CLC can gladly correct me.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Tried it, meh dont like it. Honestly I dont see the point.. If I wanted to drive around, treated like an idiot and swore at, id go out for a walk in my home city. Each to their own and all that, it seems like a great mod, but just not what I paid to drive.

Good Luck!!

Hey there Stoney!

I would love to hear your original expectations when you were going to try the gameplay. And also some more details about what you didn't like in particular.

To be honest I don't care too much about kids who comes and ask "So how do I make more money" since the best answer would be "join any other server with all cars allowed and no Shift+S/Reset penalties and have fun wrecking them" perhaps.
But i do am interested about oppinions of guys I had so much fun in the past, whether it was CRC racing, Banger mayhem, old good CnR games - enough of various not-only-serious-racing situations to get to know they share my vision of proper social behaviour within an online game community.

btw, I told Monk we shouldn't go public with just these 2 demo quests working! :doh:
thats a nice server but its pretty stupid that when you go to garage you lose your car!
Quote from RAYfighter :Hey there Stoney!

I would love to hear your original expectations when you were going to try the gameplay. And also some more details about what you didn't like in particular.

Hey Rayfighter

Im not sure what exactly I expected, There is a lot of information on the server and about the server, but not much that tells idiots (me) what exactly to do..

There is a lot of text on the server. I know lapper produces a lot of output, but there is so much that even with H pressed, it scrolls on way too fast for me to get most of it.

And the language used on there.. F*** this F*** that and you get the point, is there really any need for it? Then when you ask someone for help, all you get is F*** off and "idiot" shouted at you. Then when you make a mistake and do something wrong, its more of the same.

Im not sure what its suppost to be Ray.. I mean there is classic CnR where robbers are in one skin and cops in another, and it takes three hits on an open track to be caught..

Then there is these citylife servers.. I guess having a go at simulating real life roads with real life road rules.. Then there is you project.. Im just not sure where to place it.

Its obviously not racing. I didnt expect racing. But Ive been hearing a lot about it, and I thought last night before bed, (well late in the morning) Id jump on it (Expecting it to be empty) so i could roam around and try and work out what to do in piece without embarrisment of "idiotspeak", of course the server was busy, I got the "idiotspeak" and a whole lot more. Perhaps its fun with people you know? Perhaps its fun when there are people there to help and show you what to do...

Quote : To be honest I don't care too much about kids who comes and ask "So how do I make more money" since the best answer would be "join any other server with all cars allowed and no Shift+S/Reset penalties and have fun wrecking them" perhaps.

Im not really interested in gaining virtual money.. Can someone explain the point? This is how I understand it at the moment: Earn money to buy cars.. How does one earn money.. Something about a bank and the lottery.. How does one know who is in a position of authority on server? And why are all the cars instantly available? Is there any way to make it so when you type "!help" every 5 minutes private so that only you see your cries for help?

Hope thats given you and incite into my mind Ray at this time. Perhaps I just need some training?

I bought LFS to simulate racing. Its fun to have other things to do, I just im afraid, dont fully understand this one.

The bad language is a barrier for me.

Wish you the best of luck tho! And share others calls for it to be a 3rd party mod for others to host too.
Well. The bad language is something we all do not want to see. Obviously if someone crashes we don't mind a "bollocks, damn barriers". That's simple human nature, but I personally find myself quite strict when it comes to insulting people. The other problem is that us admins can't be on there 24/7.
However, I did see Redline Racing had an anti-bad-language thing running which we could consider!

About not knowing how to earn money... seriously, I've said it before, but read the first line on the website under money. It's right there!

I find it quite amusing how people come up with these good ideas, but we've thought of most of them already. Also reversing the money so you earn more by cruising. I intend to discuss that again with CLC.

- And about who has authority... it says that on the first page of the website - CLC admins only. Of course, the police have some authority, but can't kick/ban people.

Finally, I want to say that we have a user reporting section on the forum: www.maxheadroom.nu/clc
Quote from Chris P :Well. The bad language is something we all do not want to see. Obviously if someone crashes we don't mind a "bollocks, damn barriers". That's simple human nature, but I personally find myself quite strict when it comes to insulting people. The other problem is that us admins can't be on there 24/7.
However, I did see Redline Racing had an anti-bad-language thing running which we could consider!

Consider people in different timezones. Have admins in different timezones, to cover your server 24/7 or whenever possible. When people can just run amock its like finding the carpark on a demo server and going mental.

Quote : About not knowing how to earn money... seriously, I've said it before, but read the first line on the website under money. It's right there!

You start off with €4.000,-. In order to gain money you just have to drive around.

YAY so much fun, i get to drive around a server, and it earns me virtual fake money.. WHY? I mean whats the point of earning cash? To buy cars.. Which you can select from the car selection screen anyway.. For example, a little more detail there on that page wouldnt go amiss for the stupid.

Quote : I find it quite amusing how people come up with these good ideas, but we've thought of most of them already. Also reversing the money so you earn more by cruising. I intend to discuss that again with CLC.

Im glad I have a purpose in life and im glad its to amuse you! It took me the best part of a year to shut up and realise that listening to peoples ideas is the best way to make things better. But Ill let you find that out yourself.

Quote : - And about who has authority... it says that on the first page of the website - CLC admins only. Of course, the police have some authority, but can't kick/ban people.

Only thing it says on the first page of the website is "local police force". That really doesnt tell me anything other that those who are cops are incharge. What about when there are no cops? How does one become a cop? When there are no admins, who is there to see the cops dont take power to their head?

Anyway, glad you found the time to reply. What I posted was only my opinion, which was asked for my RAYFighter.
I had some fun - learning the ropes, spending ages (hours) to make a few bucks just to loose my connection and my car and having to beg for some cash to start all over again. Quite amusing. Crashed my new car - went broke again, ugh! It made me appreaciate my XFG a bit more next time I was out there in CLC. Felt like I really had 'earned' it. XD

Sure there's some bugs and rules to be ironed out. I think ramming is fair if you've robbed a bank and wont give up. But all in all a great idea. Keep up the good work.

Noticed its gone private again with 18 users connected :'( Hope it comes back again soon. Scanned sites and forums for a password..... Guess I'm just too noob for this.

[edit: 10 mins later, public again : 18/18 woot ...... waiting for a slot hehehehe]
Quote :YAY so much fun, i get to drive around a server, and it earns me virtual fake money.. WHY? I mean whats the point of earning cash? To buy cars.. Which you can select from the car selection screen anyway.. For example, a little more detail there on that page wouldnt go amiss for the stupid.

It's a cruising server. The idea is to just drive! Have a bit of fun with people... and have you actually been on the server? You can't just pick a car. Yes, it says all are available, but only if you own them.
Quote from Chris P :It's a cruising server. The idea is to just drive! Have a bit of fun with people... and have you actually been on the server? You can't just pick a car. Yes, it says all are available, but only if you own them.

If you read my above post, you will see that yes I have actually been on the server. Where I was swore at, called an idiot and told I was stupid. Which is all stuff I know already, I dont need 8 Pr*cks telling me that on a server.

Then there is a problem somewhere, my first time on the server I thought hmm Ill pick the uf1, logical choice for the car being available to me. Then I thought, nah, pick a better one, went to the car selection screen and chose every car I wanted to drive. All worked, just like they would in any other server.
You don't like the forums, you dislike the way people act in the community, you aren't happy about this server....

Sorry, but what DO you like Stoney? (im being quite serious and blunt here). What else do you have to throw at us that we don't need to hear?
Tweaker, I was asked for an opinion by someone I class as a friend. Never said I wasnt happy with it, who and I to judge. I said I didnt totally understand it. If thats ok with you sir.

What else do I have to throw at you that you dont need to hear? Thanks so much Tweaker.
went on here last night and to be honest i found it a big let down, you cant crusie because the police are spectating you and as soon as you speed they jump all over you and fine you, you cant earn any money buy crusing and it impossible to rob the bank as soon as you get 1 tap your busted and lose your car, its just not worth the hassle,

but the biggest problem is how easy it is for the police, funny how their all driving round in £150000 fzr's and everyone else is in uf1000's, hmmmm some chase thats going to be, your gonna end up with a server full of police nothing else, why not only allow the police to use FXO's?
Quote from andybarsblade :but the biggest problem is how easy it is for the police, funny how their all driving round in £150000 fzr's and everyone else is in uf1000's, hmmmm some chase thats going to be, your gonna end up with a server full of police nothing else, why not only allow the police to use FXO's?

People get away with UF1's from the FZRs!!!! It's not impossible, you just have to be 'smart' when planning your robbery, and not just go for the trap that is so common with newbie robbers in the game. Many people can outrun an FZR, all you have to do is think hard what is their disadvantage, and it is quite easy . I used to use my FZR for chasing, but I stick to my RB4 or LX6 from now on. The fairness of a chase all depends on if YOU (the robber) know what you are doing in order to lose such a car (or several). Many people who rob the bank are quite smart in trying to lose the cops with smaller cars, and they succeed most of the time. And the UF1 is the smartest car to to robberies in too, because it costs nothing if you lose it, and you aren't risking so much if you do get caught. But if you know what to do when being chased it is pretty easy to escape in a UF1. Most robbers just sit there driving straight after a long chase and by that time, you just become a ball to kick around. Try and dodge them, hide in tight places that only you can manuever in, go in the dirt, wait till there aren't many cops in the area and go for a steal, keep an eye on the map where cops are headed..... etc. It's all strategy. Robbing the bank isn't like pouring a glass of water, there is a lot more too it. And there are many 'wanted' robbers out there that have these skills, and more than half the time they get away without a scratch hiding somewhere.

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG