The online racing simulator
Ok thanks mate
Quote from RAYfighter :There are now 2 servers sharing the same database.
They are both public now. 46 slots for your fun, thanks to Franky500 and his 500 Servers. Enjoy!

Why didn't any CLC member told me this ?
I have just one question , mr RAYfigher.... if i have for example bought a rb4 on clc caribbean server 1 and i have also €1234, WILL i also have that on clc caribbean server 2?
I have a question. I just disconnected, but I went into a pitbox. Did I have to go in a garage? OMG
I'm kinda angry that I wasn't really informed that the data on the old server would be removed.

I don't play a lot on CLC, but i've spent some time on it the last few days.

Actually today i was making lots of laps to get enough money for the XRT. (I needed about 3000€, so I think i made at least 10-15 laps) Then i was informed that my effort was FOR NOTHING, and that the server would be closed in 3 minutes.

It would have been nice if there was something in the server message like: "Don't cruise here anymore, this database will be removed"

Other players on the server were also angry or annoyed.

I do understand that the "guru's" knew about this. they check the forum's on regular basis, they chat with the admins etc...

Players who just play now and then are a bit f*cked (if i'm allowed to say it in such a way )

why i'm moaning right now isn't because I want a apology, but because if something like this happens again in the future I want to be informed. (That's why there is the possibility to put a message in the loading screen)

/edit/
other things that made me anry when i just discovered CLC:

I read on the CLC website
Quote from http://www.maxheadroom.nu/clc/caribbean/tips.htm :
QUESTS

Found a lottery ticket? Take it to the appropriate shop to see if you've won a prize! This is just one of the quests we've added to the server's commands. Please, drive around, stop at unusual places, do unusual things and try to find all the hidden quests.

As a newbie I was looking for these "lottery tickets", so i was driving around the track to do "unusual things". Here and there i found an opening in the side where i could drive... (maybe the lottery ticket is there?) But i ended up FINED because it was a restricted area...

It should also be more clearly written on the website and in the "!help" that you must go INSIDE the garagebox, and only of the pits you start in. (logging out in the pits where you can rob the bank/deliver lottery ticket doesnt work)

I have lost LOTS of cars just because I was trying to discover some things myself.

I don't dislike CLC. (I love it actually) but it is VERY hard for newbies to begin. It needs some finetuning.

Losing your car for going in a restriced zone, or disconnecting in a wrong place is way too severe. Many people don't have stable connections, or have issues with their computer!

Another advice: In the new servers you start off with €4000 and a UF1. Maybe it's a good idea to make sure that the UF1 is always in your list. (you can't sell it to prevent abuse)

Now newbies loose their UF1 because they are figurin CLC out and have to beg for money (like I had to do in the very beginning)
Shit, I went into the garage but I got a fine!!!! i rented an XRT from someone, does that have anything to do with it? I will put up a replay later. All I want is $1250.
Hmm, lets see if we can figure this all out with our brain power. There was one CLC server and it was buggy as, well, you know. So, now a second server labeled as "test" shows up. Hmm, using my brain just a little bit, I'd guess that they are trying to fix the buggyness that is in the original server. Should I join in and check? Why yes, I do believe I'm going to check it out. Hmm, now that I'm in the test server, I see that all my stats are started over from scratch. Is this true of the original server? Log on the original and check. Nope, still have my stats.

Not only that, but I also read here about CLC aquiring a server from 500Servers. Perhaps that is the test as well.

So, I'm thinking that the test server isn't going to be tested forever or anything. So tonight I notice we have server 1 and server 2. The original server is renamed and the test server is also renamed. Could that possibly be that the test went well? Now, I wonder since there was 2 separate databases for stats depending on server, which one would they use. Well, the test server was constantly full with users, cops, and admins alike.

So, with the tiny little bit of brain power I have, I'm going to guess that the database that is going to be used for the new servers is the test server's database. But that's just me. I don't know. Perhaps others wouldn't think this through and completely ignore the test server. Yea, it was difficult to get into, but it was possible just to see.

Have a nice day folks. Oh, by the way, since I'm on dialup, and have disconnected about 15 times trying to stay on a 23 connection server, loosing 15 cars, do you think it's possible for me to get a refund for all of them????:banghead:
Nice patronising post there. Sure that took a lot of brain power. lol
Quote from Davo :Nice patronising post there. Sure that took a lot of brain power. lol

Thank you . Spend some time on the server and you'll get tired of all the little schoolgirl whining and crying . Hehehe.
Can any1 lend me lyk 2k ? plz ?!1?

repeat 100 times.

wow huge thread
3 questions:

a) can anyone give me a link to a WORKING police siren to replace horn 5?
b) am i allowed to be a Cadet at anytime ? or only when officers/ admins are around ?
c) can you PLLLLLEASE unban me from server #1

(PS: awesome server, if only there were more cops on :P)

Thank u
Right now I'm renting out my XRG to someone, and paying them 90$ per lap. Pretty nice, i still make 110$ each lap without doing anything!
Quote from focho :wow huge thread
3 questions:

a) can anyone give me a link to a WORKING police siren to replace horn 5?
b) am i allowed to be a Cadet at anytime ? or only when officers/ admins are around ?
c) can you PLLLLLEASE unban me from server #1

(PS: awesome server, if only there were more cops on :P)

Thank u

a.) http://chris-p.depenisvanjezus.nl/clc/
b.) Only when asked again by an Officer.
c.) The ban will run out in its own time. If you can provide proof of being wrongly banned it can be removed before hand.
thanx for that franky

2 more things:

a) where can i find the hack for the no helmet thing (is it safe to use ?)
b) can we have more officers in server #2, i havent seen ANY

Thanx again
Quote from focho :thanx for that franky

2 more things:

a) where can i find the hack for the no helmet thing (is it safe to use ?)
b) can we have more officers in server #2, i havent seen ANY

Thanx again

There is already an updated DOWNLOADS page at our official homepage with new patch_V sounds for the siren and a music loop:
http://www.maxheadroom.nu/clc/caribbean/

I will add the player hacker tool to remove the racing suit somewhere on that page soon too, because it seems to be demanded - just please join real racing servers in proper clothes with the helmet on!
There is already the recruiting for more cops for the server #2 going on, we will try to come with some rules to help cover both servers with admins and cops in the future!
I know this isn't the place to get recruited but I'd like to apply to be a cop
Cops are nice in the CLC server... but too many makes it quite stressful ^^ Maybe... 5 cops out of 15 connections? And, the penalty for lagging out is a little too harsh... I've lost 2 FXOs which took me 2 whole days of driving around to get. I know it's virtually impossible to set a different penalty for people who lag out rather than disconnect intentionally, but can the penalty for both be reduced? Losing the car and 50% of it's value is way too harsh for people who lag out, and for people who need to go away from the computer at short notice and urgently. And - One more small-small request: Can the red-white barriers be replaced with something else? It's like... braking a fraction of a second slower can cause u to richochet up to the sky, hit the ground with a huge thud and bounce back onto the road where the cops nab u and want u to pay the fines. (Okay, this was an exaggeration, but u get the idea ) And when u end up with a totally wrecked car that can barely move at all, taking the next 10 mins to crawl back into the pits is quite disheartening.
Overall, this server is one of the best in LFS, and we look forward to more updates and new improvements
I agree with that ^

I have lost 2 RB4's 3 XFG's , LX6 & 2 UF1's when my internet connection has timed out and i dont think this is fair at all after driving so much to get them. I think if you time out you should at least keep your car but pay a small cash penalty as i was gutted when i lost my LX6 which had took me about 2 days driving about to earn it.
if its YOUR connection timing out, then i dont see why you should get re-imbursed
Well the servers had to be restarted and everyone was waiting for the PW to be said. However I got disconnected for some reason and i saw others were still in there. So now i have to password to re-enter
Quote from Jakg :if its YOUR connection timing out, then i dont see why you should get re-imbursed

finally somebody with a brain!!
Quote from franky500 :finally somebody with a brain!!

albeit a small one :P

I do believe that you shouldn't be re-imbursed becuase you have a shit connection,
Quote from dawesdust_12 :albeit a small one :P

I do believe that you shouldn't be re-imbursed becuase you have a shit connection,

actually thats a common misconseption. Most on the slower connections (56k ect) will NEVER complain when they get disconnected. they expect it and just rejoin and have fun.

The problem is when somebody with 2mb, 4mb, 8mb ect gets disconnected, suddenly its automatically the servers fault. even when its only them that disconnected. and THATS where the problems come from. At the end of the day you can be on ANY type of connection and still get problems. one main thing that might cause a time out is Packet loss. i know i have had it a few times with my ISP, im on 4mb but still every now and then there will be the odd glitch. thats life. but try telling that to everybody else on a decent connection... for some reason its "beyond belief".
Quote from Jakg :if its YOUR connection timing out, then i dont see why you should get re-imbursed

What he said for sure.

It's Murphy's law for me. Ran around for 2 days now in the UF1 collecting my money with no problems. Finally bought my FXO, 2 or 3 laps and BAM, lost connection, LOL.

Eh! Never did like that overgrown boat anyways. I'll run longer, save more, wait until I can buy an RAC, then see if I can loose connection in half a lap rather than it letting me run several before disconnect.

The funny part about me loosing the car is, there was someone AFK for a long time. Folks were going to vote kick him, but luckily it was cancelled. After everyone pushed his car into an empty garage, I was watching and asking "you sure he won't loose his car this way?" Then Bam, I'm all worried about the AFK loosing his car and I time out and loose mine that I worked for days and days to get.

No big deal, it's just a freakin game. I'll just get it back tomorrow.

EDIT: Responded before seeing the next page.
Quote from Frankymahboy :actually thats a common misconseption. Most on the slower connections (56k ect) will NEVER complain when they get disconnected. they expect it and just rejoin and have fun.

Yup, that's me! Mr. 56K. Again, what the three posts up above this one said too.

Sure it upsets me that I drove a UF1 around for 3 days (all afternoon and all night for hours and hours) to build up for the FXO, but that's the chance I have with dialup. 3 laps and I'm back down to no car and 6000 euros.
I know, but it's not entirely your fault when ur connection times out... I mean, u didnt affect other people's gameplay, so why is there so harsh a penalty?
Quote from Alkanphel :I know, but it's not entirely your fault when ur connection times out... I mean, u didnt affect other people's gameplay, so why is there so harsh a penalty?

The marshals are out on the track sending you to spectate to try to help keep the speeds down to more cruising speeds. This isn't a race server, it is a cruise server. The problem is that the mod has no way of differenciating between spectating on the track and loosing connection. Both are leaving the track without being in a garage. It is unfortunate that this occurs. Perhaps and hopefully the programmers of the insim app. can sometime figure out a different way to approach it.

One thing to note about the server itself and lag/disconnection. The servers are full with 23 connections constantly. With all the 20x chat over what normally happens in race servers and all the info tossed back and forth with the commands and linking to the database, there is MUCH more connected information moving back and forth than would normally be on a race server. Plus, there is quite a bit more skins downloading as more people leave and others enter.

I will say this about the 500Servers that the Caribbean Cruise is running on. As being on dialup, I normally have problems with lag with more than 18 other racers. I'm not talking about disconnects, but on server lag where all cars will disappear to be replaced with lag timers when I am racing on most servers with 19+. At the Caribbean servers, I never see this, even with all the extra info passing back and forth. I haven't seen much lag at all. I may get lost packets now and then and get disconnected, but the lack of seeing everyone disappear and show as lag timers when I'm on with 22 others really says something about the stability of the server.

CLC's new server opens Saturday the 16th @ 20:00 GMT
(438 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG