The online racing simulator
Lerts' ideas and theories
(921 posts, closed, started )
well here another personal theory:

have you heard of the monkeys that went to space and returned superintelligent?

its mentioned in the simsomps and i saw a documental as well that mentions it

this could be due to the monkeys being at 0 gauss and recieving the stars info uncorrupted, human ships have an artificial electromagnetic field

this may happen in 2012 the pole will reverse but as they reverse there will be a 0 gauss point

at that point as the mokeys the whole humanity may get enlightened by the stars info that go trough the inexistent at that point magnetic field
Magnetic north moves around quite a bit, but I don't think it'll ever completely shift. I assume it does it because space is in constant motion and if a large mass moves into or out of range it'll have an effect on the planet forces.

But is a magnetic field stopped by plastic? It's been a long time since I did physics, but I don't think it is. Especially not a magnetic field the at least 12,000 miles across against a plastic composite surface a few mm thick.

[lerts mode]
I wonder about the effect the moving poles has on our bodies though. If our molecules are being pulled in a constantly changing direction, could that cause issues? You just don't know. It will also affect the tides, meaning sea levels may be rising in some areas but they could quite easily fall away again once the poles return to normal.
I call it the Al Gore Conspiracy.
[/lerts mode]
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would like to thank my family, for supporting me and giving me the life skills to achieve this great honour. Also Dave, without Dave I wouldn't know what a melon was, thank you for the hotels who cleaned up all the melon juice too. But most of all I would like to thank lerts, without his crazy ideas and theories I would have never been chosen for S15 DRIFT's signature quote.

hahaha
Quote from Dajmin :Magnetic north moves around quite a bit, but I don't think it'll ever completely shift. I assume it does it because space is in constant motion and if a large mass moves into or out of range it'll have an effect on the planet forces.

But is a magnetic field stopped by plastic? It's been a long time since I did physics, but I don't think it is. Especially not a magnetic field the at least 12,000 miles across against a plastic composite surface a few mm thick.

[lerts mode]
I wonder about the effect the moving poles has on our bodies though. If our molecules are being pulled in a constantly changing direction, could that cause issues? You just don't know. It will also affect the tides, meaning sea levels may be rising in some areas but they could quite easily fall away again once the poles return to normal.
I call it the Al Gore Conspiracy.
[/lerts mode]

If I remember correctly it has actually shifted earlier, the poles
Or maybe it's just a theory by the scientists, and I bite right on, I don't know - the thinking the scientists can do, the speculations however
haha those proofs are pathetic in fact proves our maths cant deal with infinity

for as many 999 you put i have that ...0001 that keeps it from being an unit

in fact if you add infinite infinitesiamls you have an infinite line

so make that error of 0.999 being one amplify it infinitely and its you whos saying 1=2
Oh my god, that's one heavy fail, and then blaming it on computer / programs? ... It's user error my friend

Lol, anyway, back topic.

Lerts, what is " fashionable hemp or spartum soles " ?
hemp is very good for clothing

im trying to become hemp shoes fashionable:bannana_p
#640 - AMB
Quote from lerts :hemp is very good for clothing

im trying to become hemp shoes fashionable:bannana_p

What you want is:

G-Star Raw t-shirt
G-Star RAW jeans
K-Swiss shoes
something like that or some tanned shoes
Quote from george_tsiros :wow. linux for some reason didn't overwrite the contents of the edit box, with the contents in the clipboard and it's "zomg fail". jeez.

no. i gave that link earlier in the discussion, if you payed any attention...

i meant this one: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=927991#post927991

Nah, ZOMG is too 1337 for me I was paying attention, but you failed when posting that earlier too, so I assumed you were trying again. And failing again My mistake then...

Lerts, hemp is not good for clothing. WAAAAAY too expensive apparently, unless it's homemade :hippy:
bloody hell? now i notice that another link is botched too.

Quote from The Very End :Oh my god, that's one heavy fail, and then blaming it on computer / programs? ... It's user error my friend

if i cut off your balls with a rusty spoon, will you still try to get on my nerves?
Quote from george_tsiros :bloody hell? now i notice that another link is botched too.

if i cut off your balls with a rusty spoon, will you still try to get on my nerves?

Oh noes, I angered someone over internett, bring the spoon on becuase I got protection, I got http://www.rathergood.com/spoonguard .

And, if your so easely bottered I think you should think twice before talking. Your the one that offend and attacks Lerts time after time, and often by sarcastic / offending tone.

But that discussion we have done allready, so no use for taking it up again.
Now, let Lerts be Lerts he is contributing to the forum..on a funky way imo.
That takes me back a few years...

Spoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonguaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaard
Forgive me for not reading back, but isn't the argument that 0.999 = 1 because the concept of recurrence (represented in decimal by a superfixed period) is not being taught, probably because computers/calculators dont support it?

With recurrance the original sum of 0.333*3 is no longer an issue, because it is 0.3 recurring, so it's not that 0.999 equals 1, it's that you're reaching 0.999 from an incorrect starting point. One third is not 0.333. If your starting mathematics are wrong then your result will be wrong, and therefore you should expect the answer to be innacurate and compensate accordingly.

I'm going to use ` to represent recurrence as I dont know how to get a superscript character on the forum, so...

0.333 <> 1/3.
0.3` = 1/3.
0.999 = 1 less a fraction
1 = 3/3.
0.999 = 1 IF you treated 0.333 as 1/3 or 0.3`.

Basic elementary maths, surely?
actually in maths there are no firm axioms you are free to take which you want depending on your needs

if i take the axiom that betwenn two different numbers must be a third then 10=9.999...

but if i consider the numbers as points that shape a straight line 9.9999... is the number-point next to 10 and they are different
Quote from lerts :actually in maths there are no firm axioms you are free to take which you want depending on your needs

if i take the axiom that betwenn two different numbers must be a third then 10=9.999...

but if i consider the numbers as points that shape a straight line 9.9999... is the number-point next to 10 and they are different

2 + 2 = 5 :elefant:

Lerts was exposed to spoons for over 2 minutes, BUY, SPOOOOOOOOONGUAAAAAARD!
Quote from lerts :actually in maths there are no firm axioms you are free to take which you want depending on your needs

In communicating an idea or concept it is important that the listener is using the same set of 'axioms'. If one whats to treat both the numerical values of a sum and the numerical result algabraeically then they shouldnt use numbers. Numerical values are a constant in math, and shouldn't be used to represent values other than their value. For the issue of thirds a defined constant standard already exists in the decimal system, but is underused.
I have a question for lerts to answer...

When is a road not a road?
This thread is closed

Lerts' ideas and theories
(921 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG