The online racing simulator
devs, plox gief piczzor of tail of scirirccocco
Anyways... What other improvements to LFS do we think will come with the inclusion of the Scirocco? Track updates? (Westhill..?), better setup limits with the road cars?...
Quote from LFSn00b :No it is NOT the final version. beta version is next as Scawen stated. It will have improved damage physics, tire physics and possibly barriers fixed. Please make sure you know what comes next before posting. (Think before posting!)

This still the last comment on that? http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=846945#post846945

Quote from Crommi :I'm quite curious how the car will sound ingame because LFS soundsystem is little bit different compared to other sims which rely heavily on sound samples, going to be interesting to see how accurately it can simulate Scirocco's engine tone. Most of the cars we have right now are fictional so comparison is impossible.

How come comparison is not possible? None of the engines in LFS cars are fictional. I wish, but the sound engine is not on that kind of level (eh... yet?) that it could catch some car model specific characteristics.
Quote from zeugnimod :Did GT5P become boring?

nope, I have a few WR's last time i checked on a few tracks
I still have a paid S2 license and im still entitled to race, and to check up , im just stating the fact , that everything in LFS takes years, instead of months like what a decent company does that hires people. that utilizes talent and embraces the community to help speed things up, instead we got 3 devs twiddling their thumbs, and knocking up their wives :P with more kids and wasting time on a stupid FWD cars that there is already enough of them. when a new track or better yet better diff simulation, or better graphics.

(the kid thing was a serious joke there as well! nothing bad meant about that, I wish all the kids happy and healthy lives! (didnt scawen just have a girl not long ago???? thats probably why the development has been little slow this year huh???

1 thing that now sux in gt5 is the gear shifting, if u have a G25 u cant flat shift now using the clutch, u just get neutrals, and you cant shift fast to 2nd gear also goes to N, its been put in there because it was alot faster then for the ppl without clutches
If there are obstacles that aren't worth taking the time passing or are too hard to pass, you've got to make compromises. If a new life was delivered to your very family, you've got to take care of it and spend less time on what you were doing, vice versa, or do both and work like Chuck Norris without the power to scare your computer into doing the work for you. If you don't have gearbox damage or clutch temperature simulated in your game, then you've got to make it impossible to flatshift or leave the ones who rely on auto-clutching to suffer.

I do agree that there should be some community involvement in the developing of LFS but it's their game and we are it's players. They can't force us to all of a sudden start paying per week/month/year, it's our right to spend the money the way we please. If we don't like it, we don't spend on it. Likewise, if they have a life to live or a baby to take care of, we can't tell them to work until 70% of their bodily fluids become coffee, it's their choice on how they want to spend their life, not ours.

That said, I don't care how long it takes to finish it, just as long as it's done and done right. If I get bored then I might leave and come back or leave forever. No bitching necessary. Maybe a friendly suggestion or two but I wouldn't use napalm.
Quote from seinfeld :
so this is it guys Aidios Amegos, hope to see you in GT5 one day

I thought we got rid of you?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Anyways... What other improvements to LFS do we think will come with the inclusion of the Scirocco? Track updates? (Westhill..?), better setup limits with the road cars?...

Quote from Scawen :- Improve collision physics
- Break off wings instead of bending
- Finish and release Westhill updates
- Improve track shadow rendering
- RB4 / UF1 / UFR interiors

Those updates but i think these updates will come before Scirocco will.
Quote from Flame CZE :Those updates but i think these updates will come before Scirocco will.

One update i would love to see which has never happened... When you change gear, you see the guy actually change gear with his hand lol
Quote from orange_boy_uk :One update i would love to see which has never happened... When you change gear, you see the guy actually change gear with his hand lol

which looks rubbish cause there's no proper way to predict when you're about to change gear (maybe they can do that by measuring brain waves). that's a low priority thing i would say..

i've been reading this thread for so long.. i would love to get some news from the developers
Quote from orange_boy_uk :One update i would love to see which has never happened... When you change gear, you see the guy actually change gear with his hand lol

I am so tempted... suggesting THAT which has been discussed and killed multiple times already in a wrong thread in the wrong forums. And he even has an avatar that gets pissed on...

but no, I won't.

I also agree that everything possible has been said in this thread and it could be locked.

Postcount +1
Quote from Flame CZE :Those updates but i think these updates will come before Scirocco will.

What is there to do on the UF's? They are fully equipped with NOTHING. As for the rest + Scirocco, bring them on!
You don't pay for lfs monthly or weekly, so I guess no one should be concerned about amount of time it takes to update something.

Of course it' boring... but I mean compare the price of LFS with iRacingPieceOfShit price

Huge difference
Quote :"The tyres squeal from the get-go, chassis behaviour is exaggerated and the ABS triggers almost instantly. Oh, and I can’t disable the stability control. I assumed this was another foible of these early models, but no. As VW’s product communications manager Christian Bühlmann points out: ‘All VW products have traction and stability systems that remain partially active even if switched off.’

I can’t help thinking that in a coupe as driver-orientated as this one (and make no mistake, it is) it would be nice to have full control. It’s certainly not helping my cause, with requests for dramatic action shots ringing in my ears since I left the office yesterday. Still, there’s only so much ESP can do to combat a thuggish attitude and a good tweak on the handbrake…"

- http://www.evo.co.uk/carreview ... /volkswagen_scirocco.html

Please, Scawen, tell us it ain't so!

Although this is a bit more like it:

Quote :Its behaviour and manners are very hot- hatch – it cocks a rear wheel in the air and exhibits (and successfully communicates) a real enthusiasm for the task in hand. It’s also surprisingly adjustable on the throttle. Not to the extent of provoking the rear wheels into moving out of line – it’s too planted and safe for that – but enough to allow plenty of scope for line-tightening. Given the rear axle’s origins, we hadn’t expected it to be this playful.

Quote :

Watch a video from the GC, they were sliding to heat up the tires. So there will be (at least) a turnoff-able ESP. If even.
There wont be ESP propably(to much useless coding) just TC. Watch the blue light(TC) in the vids.
Maybe that's why Scawen said the Scirocco is a long way from being publicly available. Could be that he wants to overhaul the TC and maybe implement some sort of ESP to make an authentic representation of the car.
hey guys i got back from switzerland and it was nice and it was even nicerwhen i saw the Volkswagon Sirroco at the airport and when i walked by it i was stunned it looked sooooooooooo good. nd thank you scawen and the dev team for announcing that the Sirroco will be coming into LFS becuaes it will or has shut up the people that want new cars becuase look there is a new car coming but dev team if you have a new track maybe announce it becuase then more people will shut up or quiet down a little becuaes they now there is a new track coming. But good luck dev team
-
(chava079) DELETED by Victor : Duplicate account post removed
Quote from Victor :i don't get all those people complaining to spam. Do you find it so interesting? If someone at a party makes remarks like these, do you go towards him because "hmm that seems like an interesting chap"? Why the need to reply and at the same time keep on adding to the spam count?

haha haha spot on ups i spammed
Quote from AndroidXP :Maybe that's why Scawen said the Scirocco is a long way from being publicly available. Could be that he wants to overhaul the TC and maybe implement some sort of ESP to make an authentic representation of the car.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same as you on this one. Otherwiseit might just is due to that he want to feel that he is completely done with the physics for this car / codes before releasing it, so he don't have to update it later.
Who knows?
This has the same engine out of the Golf GTI, right? If so, what is Scawen doing to address the very unique nature of the turbo? And, will this turbo model be a new base for the other turbo vehicles?

If any of you have driven a new GTI, you know just how linear the turbo is on them. No lag, it almost acts like how a supercharger should ideally be.
Scawen? How fast can it go?
the lesson i've learned from following this thread:

don't read anything in the lfs forum that's not on the test patch section.

would keep me from visiting the forum everyday hoping to get some news :/
Quote from hda :the lesson i've learned from following this thread:

don't read anything in the lfs forum that's not on the test patch section.

would keep me from visiting the forum everyday hoping to get some news :/

Which is set to "not visible" because no public test patches are available currently. This all we got.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG