The online racing simulator
Quote from mcintyrej :You miss the point of actually having a car. You can't open up LFS and drive to the shops and get some food.

Yea and the other thing is that during this day when I drove from school to home, I took an alternative route, 15 minutes of driving in a very good gravel road. That's so fun that there never can be a game as fun as driving a real car.
And game can't simulate all things what you feel when driving a car.

But I also hardly can see LiveForBoobs being serious with that comment so I dunno why I'm posting this.
lol indeed i wasn't serious. It just meant i'm confident the car will be pretty well simulated but of course it can never compare to the feeling of driving a real one.
i think it will be released after the release of the real VW scirocco! in the netherlands it will be 23th of october! don't know what date it will be in the rest of europe?

i would love to see the race version! i asked fot it a few pages back in this topic do i habe a 6th sence ???
Quote from henrico-20- :
i would love to see the race version! i asked fot it a few pages back in this topic do i habe a 6th sence ???

Why is someone in need of a 6th sense, if he is hoping for something unconfirmed/unlikely?
Quote from LiveForBoobs :I think bringing the Scirocco to LFS was a bad idea from VW because the car will be so well simulated in LFS, people won't bother wasting gasoline and a lot of money on the real one.

Quote from Calvinaquino :They already made the car in LFS. Why would be any licensing issues left?
And i think that even creating a racing version of the Sirocco, it would run on its own class OR the GTR class will be reworked to match the Racing Sirocco's performance.

They made the car when asked by VW (As far as we know). So, VW are their costumers and ordered a product from LFS as a company. Releasing it as part of their (Scawen Victor Eric's) game is a whole new story..
Well honestly i don't understand about licensing stuff.I think it would be sad allowing scavier build a real life car into LFS JUST for marketing purposes and not releasing it to the public...

EDIT: by marketing purpose i meant, to be used only at the event.
Quote from Calvinaquino :Well honestly i don't understand about licensing stuff.I think it would be sad allowing scavier build a real life car into LFS JUST for marketing purposes and not releasing it to the public...

EDIT: by marketing purpose i meant, to be used only at the event.

It's quite simple. Volkswagen wanted exposure at the convention, and asked the LFS devs to build their car into their sim, so that people would play it at the convention and see a bunch of ads for Volkswagen around the area, and then maybe they would consider buying a Volkswagen because they saw it at the convention, and test drove it on a sim. It benefits the LFS devs because LFS gets exposure, whether or not the Scirrico is yet in the public version of LFS. And, who knows, some other factors (such as teh moniez) might have been involved.
Actually what you said cleared it all, thanks.
just a quicky note for US driver..
This particular VW is NOT availible in the US Euro release (of the real world car) only. SO enjoy it when we get it 'cus for many of us LFS will be as close as we get to driving this particular VeeDUB.

T.L. Roff
Oakland CA
you know we can buy a imported version or get one sent over
Quote from FlyeThemoon :Man this car is cute (remainds me Seat Leon :P)

WHY NOT BMW M3 E92 ???? .

The point is you wil not get it

As for the car i said earlier i cant wait
Why are you so sure the car won't be available for demo racers? Did I miss something o.o ?
Quote from MataGyula :Why are you so sure the car won't be available for demo racers? Did I miss something o.o ?

It just won't, because the devs just changed the demo cars and there is already a fwd road car in the demo.
Yea, the thing with the FBM was that it was part of the deal for it to be in the demo as well as S1/S2. As far as we know, the deal with VW was for the event only, and the devs can do what they want with the car after that. Of course, Scawen did say something about it being a major deal, so maybe there's more to it that we don't know about, such as making it available to demo users. I can't imagine why LFS' only real mass production car would be voluntarily given out for free though
Quote from dougie-lampkin :. I can't imagine why LFS' only real mass production car would be voluntarily given out for free though

Exactly my thought
that would be 4 cars for demo racers then, fbm, xfg, xrg, and xrt... and hopefully not vws... that would be 5 cars
Quote from chavm481 :that would be 4 cars for demo racers then, fbm, xfg, xrg, and xrt... and hopefully not vws... that would be 5 cars

Demo doesn't have XRT...
patch x... so the demo users will be using 3 diferent patches if the xfg is substituted by the vws
Quote from chavm481 :so the demo users will be using 3 diferent patches if the xfg is substituted by the vws

what on earth makes you think that the XFG will be removed from the Demo? or the VWS added?
I hope the VWS is not for the demo. It has the most detail or pretty much any car in the game, and the license to use this car also costs money. I don't really have much against demo racers, I mean they are really lucky now. The XFG/XRG got updated, they have insims in severs, they can share skins etc, all for free!
There's a mod named "Scirocco" maybe he predicted it
Quote from chavm481 :patch x... so the demo users will be using 3 diferent patches if the xfg is substituted by the vws

How does 'patch X demo users' link up with 'VWS replacing the XFG' thing?

btw, Demo users aren't allowed on patch X... if they are caught on the forums at least.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :btw, Demo users aren't allowed on patch X... if they are caught on the forums at least.

Drugs are bad, mkay?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :

btw, Demo users aren't allowed on patch X... if they are caught on the forums at least.

Just before anybody believe him,
He is not right.

he means when we/lfs know that you are hacking lfs then you are not welcome

so if you are a demo driver and you ask for a hack or free unluck, use your mind twice
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG