The online racing simulator
i dont know but it might be improved if it can be.
Quote from chavm481 :i dont know but it might be improved if it can be.

Are you sure you do not know?? maby you know something.
PLEASE MASTER TELL US MORE!!!

:bananadea
Anyway i am more concerned about how the rear suspension of the real car is transferred to the LFS...

I am not expecting much but the 2d trailing arms at the back are not enough to give not even remotely a close to real feeling for new cars such as Sirocco
Quote from chavm481 :i dont know but it might be improved if it can be.

Seriously, just stop. In the 8 or so mins that I've been on this thread, your post cound up by 3, and in the couple of days its been sense I last was on here, your post count has gone up by like 60. A man once said "HELP!!!, I've fallen and I can't shut up". You are that man. Time to get up. Also, you have no excuse for poor grammer and spelling. You speak English as a primary language.
Of course the Scirocco in LFS has a turbo!
No gauge doesn't mean there isn't a turbo in it...
Quote from geeman1 :Of course the Scirocco in LFS has a turbo!
If it doesn't have a gauge it doesn't mean it doesn't have a turbo...

I was asking before I found out for certain that it was the 200hp version they had built in LFS, I was wondering how they had modeled the twin charged 160hp 1.4 engine as I have suffered poorly engineered and tuned I4 engines during my early years of driving and prefer either FI or I6/V8 now. The idea of driving a twin charged engine is interesting to me as I have not had the opportunity to experience it in real life.

If anyone has been there and had a go, I would assume you can hear some turbo whine, so irrespective of the lack of a boost gauge, you should have a rough idea of spool times.

If VW were pleased with the thing as a whole, I can't imagine a week long spool time would be tollerated as it detracts from the driving experience. Consequently, I would very much like to know if any changes have been made to the current exhaust driven turbocharger simulation/representation/model/how-the-damn-thing-drives.
Vw tried to make a "flat turbo" which almost has no turbo lag (what they were going for).

Most production cars fitted with turbo's didn't come with turbo pressure gauges. For testing purposes I'm sure they routed in some gauges just to accurately get the data, but wont be shown in the real game because the real production car doesn't have them.

I can't wait any new updates since after GC?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :"Maybe finally we can close that crappy spam thread!" ?

Why? This keeps chavm481 from spamming up other threads, therefore containing the problem.
I like your optimism.
Quote from jayhawk :Why? This keeps chavm481 from spamming up other threads, therefore containing the problem.

i contain my spam here, but do cars really need to have a turbo gauge. but since you cant hear the one at the GC it might have the turbo in it already...
i don't get all those people complaining to spam. Do you find it so interesting? If someone at a party makes remarks like these, do you go towards him because "hmm that seems like an interesting chap"? Why the need to reply and at the same time keep on adding to the spam count?
chavm481: That sentence just makes no sense whatsoever, but anyways...

Turbo gauges on standard cars are not really that common, they're kinda cheesy in those shopping carts. Also you shouldn't expect to hear loud turbo whine with blow-off valve going "PSSS!". I'm quite curious how the car will sound ingame because LFS soundsystem is little bit different compared to other sims which rely heavily on sound samples, going to be interesting to see how accurately it can simulate Scirocco's engine tone. Most of the cars we have right now are fictional so comparison is impossible.
Well I can't wait for this new car

And btw Victor, well said on that announcement
-
(chavm481) DELETED by Victor : spam and spam about spam
-
(mutt107) DELETED by Victor : spam and spam about spam
-
(baSh0r) DELETED by Victor : spam and spam about spam
Quote from Victor :i don't get all those people complaining to spam. Do you find it so interesting? If someone at a party makes remarks like these, do you go towards him because "hmm that seems like an interesting chap"? Why the need to reply and at the same time keep on adding to the spam count?

SPAMMER !!!!

Quote from Crommi :chavm481: That sentence just makes no sense whatsoever, but anyways...

Turbo gauges on standard cars are not really that common, they're kinda cheesy in those shopping carts. Also you shouldn't expect to hear loud turbo whine with blow-off valve going "PSSS!". I'm quite curious how the car will sound ingame because LFS soundsystem is little bit different compared to other sims which rely heavily on sound samples, going to be interesting to see how accurately it can simulate Scirocco's engine tone. Most of the cars we have right now are fictional so comparison is impossible.

Impossible, not necessarily. IMO the sound seem like all the exhaust piping is solid, and doesn't vibrate at all. This means there is no ambient sound caused by metal resonating.
Cool I'm looking forward to driving this car in LFS. My friend has a new VW GTI, I drove it a couple of times and the thing is a monster (compared to my Corolla!). It has a turbo, but it doesn't come with a boost gauge. It's nice though, and it has 6 gears with close ratios (at least it felt that way to me), which is sportier than the 5 gears most cars have. The VW Scirocco looks to be a similar car, similar turbocharged engine, similar (slightly bigger actually) body. Looking forward to the next patch...
Quote from Scawen :Just in case anyone was wondering, it will be much, much longer away than that.

As said, the release is undecided - that means I cannot say (even roughly) when it will be - but I can say you might as well forget about driving it until a long time from now.

Sorry but that's how it is right now. Something for the future.

story of LFS
Quote from seinfeld :story of LFS

Just shut up. Just should appreciate the work of the Devs instead...
i do appreciate it, s2 hasn't gotten boring for me at all...
Looks like no one bothered looking at Victor's announcement.

Lemonsing ubergines
Quote from Electric Eye :Looks like no one bothered looking at Victor's announcement.

Lemonsing ubergines

Probably because it had nothing to do with the VWS.
Quote from chavm481 :i do appreciate it, s2 hasn't gotten boring for me at all...

Yeah, because your to busy spamming on the forums...
this is spam ::spam: victor earlier told everyone to stop complaining this is the scirocco section, take it like a man!
And it's the last spam we'll see for a while. chavm picks up a few more points. Posting incidental spam is bad enough, but I don't think we need to sit here and read deliberate spam a moment longer.
Great, now to stop the spamming, lets get back on topic.
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG