The online racing simulator
Useless without better tyre physics.. Actually with them too. Would be nicer to get new tracks.
awesome. Hope more manufactures try the same
No locked setup please.

Setup also plays a big role when racing, I dont know what you guys are whining about.

btw, will this car come's with installed abs? 2008 car?

I hope that Opel will -ever make a deal with lfs. (Insignia)
-1 for locked setups. I like soft suspention
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I hope that Opel will -ever make a deal with lfs. (Insignia)

Insignia would be epic win! If we could get one car from every major manufacturer, the game would be brilliant. We don't need every single real car in existence, but a few would be nice, amongst the fictional ones

E: On a plus side of the 'Roc:

Quote :The glass reflects 99 percent of UV radiation, 97 percent of infrared radiation (heat) and 80 percent of visible light.

Does that mean when you open it up on a hot summer's day, you don't get roasted by 5000 degree temperatures?
Quote from Byku :I know guys, but seriously. For the first time we will get a car that an "average" person can drive! Damn... I cant(seriously I can ;P) wait!
Btw. It has multilink rear suspension... ... i'm curious will we get update on suspensions...

Not replying to you specificaly... But ugh.. A new car, that's also the first real car.. Yet another 4 banger econo-ish car. :| A rwd/awd version for the smaller GTR class would be ace, though.

Bob beat me to it..
Quote from JO53PHS :Does that mean when you open it up on a hot summer's day, you don't get roasted by 5000 degree temperatures?

Yep. Wouldnt it be freezing if it blocks all that heat lol. xD
That's some news that I'd like to and not like to hear.
It's great because we're getting a new car and a good car with good performance.
It isn't great because after reading this thread, I went to find more info on it and figured out that the Scirocco won't come to America because it might compete with the VW Rabbit...

Oh well, at least I get to drive it "virtually". I wish there could be some in-game shots of the car so we can get a feel of what it looks like.
I can hear the tyres screaming from undesteer now...

Good on you Devs !!!! good work for scoring a real world(mass produced) car.

Well Done!

Btw the Devs should thanked , no matter what you think of the car. I wonder why more car makers dont this after reading some of the comments....
Quote from Minimaxman :So your saying that 3 chooseable, pre-programmed settings make the car more tuneable than all the other cars in LFS!?

I, erm, think not.

Not in general, of course, but in Scirocco it's possible to switch between these 3 settings while driving. If that is implemented in LFS then you could use Sport setting most of the time but change to Normal to cut chicanes.
A car with a standard setup would be really good, it works very well on iRacing in the rookie classes, and it gives people a level playing field.
Quote from Amynue :Scawen, can we expect any screenshots of the car after GC??

If I got it right they plan to have it done to GC, so I guess they will release a bunch of pictures of it on GC, aswell as movie

Just a question - when is GC btw?
Refering to website: 21-24 Aug.
Holy shit, that's not far from now
Really looking forward to it!
Quote from Byku :Some of You are saying that LFS is getting boring and You want locked setups(in few months some[or most] of You might get annoyed that You simply cant play with this car's setup)? About Scirocco, well I want deafult setup as real as possible and no restrain in setup options, and of course an option on server site about locked setups(for all cars, not just for VW), that would be fair and good.

So no for locked setup for Scirocco.

Sry for mistakes.

I agree.
2009?
Are you shitting me lol?

I hope that was a joke, or I might just pop that sad banana...
Quote from The Very End :2009?
Are you shitting me lol?

I hope that was a joke, or I might just pop that sad banana...

its a joke. or is it?
I hate you
But they said after the show release, they have to fix afew things up etc. So could be September or october.

My guess is December (just before christmas) released with more graphic updates + updated (not completed) collision + finished VW + FZ/FX/RB interiors.
Quote from aoun :But they said after the show release, they have to fix afew things up etc. So could be September or october.

My guess is December (just before christmas) released with more graphic updates + updated (not completed) collision + finished VW + FZ/FX/RB interiors.

Mate, if a patch like that came out I would official strip and post the picture on the forum, you got my word on that!

(because that most likely not going to happend, but if it do, well I follow my words)
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG