The online racing simulator
ffs guys, stfu and see what the future brings and be happy with what you get, you bunch of spoiled kids....
Quote from Scrabby :ffs guys, stfu and see what the future brings and be happy with what you get, you bunch of spoiled kids....

I'll +1 to that!
Quote from Scrabby :ffs guys, stfu and see what the future brings and be happy with what you get, you bunch of spoiled kids....

words of wisdom !!!!

+1 for this
Quote from trekkerfahrer :words Of Wisdom !!!!

+1 For This

+1 im happy with the new car comming i don't care really what car comes in lfs as long as we get something every now and then
Quote from Kid222 :Huru-aito: I agree, sometimes i wonder, how strong Scawen really is to read through all that shit and still has a will to work on LFS.
That's for him.

+1. I really can't believe how much some people complain without actually even trying to give help or propose things that they think would work better for the development of LFS.

Honestly, I think that LFS is already worth its money. If they add stuff its additional and we should only be thankfull that they did add something for us to play with. There's a difference between giving a solution and whining about a lack of content. The content is there and there's quite a bit. There could be a faster development, yes. But you have paid for an unfinished project and are getting free additions which they are certainly not oblicated to give you. They chose to because they want to create the ultimate racing sim with a wide variety of cars. There's nothing wrong with those cars we wanna see in the future threads really. But saying this has to be done and this would be fun if it was done is a big difference.
Quote from evilpimp :+1. I really can't believe how much some people complain without actually even trying to give help or propose things that they think would work better for the development of LFS.

Honestly, I think that LFS is already worth its money. If they add stuff its additional and we should only be thankfull that they did add something for us to play with. There's a difference between giving a solution and whining about a lack of content. The content is there and there's quite a bit. There could be a faster development, yes. But you have paid for an unfinished project and are getting free additions which they are certainly not oblicated to give you. They chose to because they want to create the ultimate racing sim with a wide variety of cars. There's nothing wrong with those cars we wanna see in the future threads really. But saying this has to be done and this would be fun if it was done is a big difference.

sry to quote this big post. well said.
This 14 th page makes me think there are at least a few good people in this community .
Seeing a few ones whinning even before the car is released is really annoying .
Keep up the good job dev team
Looking damn forward to drive a real mass produced car in LFS.
Quote from Darkone55 :Well, I certainly hope it won't have turbo...

So do I !
Let's pray even though I doubt it can help...
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : useless post
I'm ready to see some Celebration Servers dedicated to the release of this car.
LfS benefits from new content, even more so if it is real world content. Nothing more to say really.
Sorry if i've been whinning didn't meant too... it's just so all of a sudden and hope it goes well since it has to be (sort of) done before next weekend (if i'm not mistaking) and when 'we' get to play with it is still unknown can't stand knowing something cool will come but not knowing when..

And a xxx_default + cmx viewer update would be a nice teaser.. so we can let out all our creativenes and drool over the cmx view untill it's releast
Quote from Sponge :And a xxx_default + cmx viewer update would be a nice teaser.. so we can let out all our creativenes and drool over the cmx view untill it's releast

To that i say yes
Yeah great news indeed.
I think the devs will put a server side option for real life cars only maybe?
Quote from Calvinaquino :Yeah great news indeed.
I think the devs will put a server side option for real life cars only maybe?

/cars=RAC+MRT+FBM+BF1+VWS

Great news on a new, modern car
Think things through a bit before posting all the nonsense people. In 2006, we got a surprise of the BF1. Am I an F1 fan? Nope. I'm not an open wheeler fan at all and have very very few laps in OW in LFS. Does that mean I jumped on the forum and whined and cried over the BF1? Nope.

Same for the FMB. I couldn't care less about the car. Did I complain?

But, think for a minute at what the BF1, the FMB, and what the Scirocco has and will bring to the development of LFS. Each car that has come to LFS has allowed the Devs to fine detail some aspect of the physics. Whether it was tire physics, suspension physics, or the transmission model. With the opportunity for the Devs to develop a real mass produced car, the Scirocco, in LFS and see side by side how it compares to real life is a fantastic opportunity, just as the FBM was with furthering the development of the transmission models.

It doesn't matter if it's FWD, RWD, AWD, unidrive, pedal drive, or anydrive, it's a real car with real data and I'm sure the developers have some real time to spend with it with the development of LFS in their minds.
Quote from mrodgers :Think things through a bit before posting all the nonsense people. In 2006, we got a surprise of the BF1. Am I an F1 fan? Nope. I'm not an open wheeler fan at all and have very very few laps in OW in LFS. Does that mean I jumped on the forum and whined and cried over the BF1? Nope.

But, think for a minute at what the BF1, the FMB, and what the Scirocco has and will bring to the development of LFS. Each car that has come to LFS has allowed the Devs to fine detail some aspect of the physics. Whether it was tire physics, suspension physics, or the transmission model. With the opportunity for the Devs to develop a real mass produced car, the Scirocco, in LFS and see side by side how it compares to real life is a fantastic opportunity, just as the FBM was with furthering the development of the transmission models.

It doesn't matter if it's FWD, RWD, AWD, unidrive, pedal drive, or anydrive, it's a real car with real data and I'm sure the developers have some real time to spend with it with the development of LFS in their minds.

Couldn't agree more mate.
I kinda hope it has the DDS logos on it such as the FBM does. meaning you can't put another logo on the skin file. I'd like to see this done to the BF1, MRT5, and RAC too.
Quote from Kid222 :Huru-aito: I agree, sometimes i wonder, how strong Scawen really is to read through all that shit and still has a will to work on LFS.
That's for him.

didnt mean to wake dead horses but i guess this sort of gives you an idea about it.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=255879#post255879

didnt followed the thread at all but did read through sinbads post and can only agree on his idea about a "real road car". This would give the common advice: "its not the setup but the driver thats important..." (or simular stuff..) a whole new meaning...i guess. If its comming along with the "LFSHAP" then maybe a proper (somelike close the the real one) setup together with a "fixed setup server option" (like in nascar racing) would be another solution? Anyhow, im fine with anything as long as its not a "smart".
Quote :didnt mean to wake dead horses

Sometime, it has to be done .
Quote from mrodgers :Think things through a bit before posting all the nonsense people. In 2006, we got a surprise of the BF1. Am I an F1 fan? Nope. I'm not an open wheeler fan at all and have very very few laps in OW in LFS. Does that mean I jumped on the forum and whined and cried over the BF1? Nope.

Couldn't agree more either.

But having a taste for, and preferring something RWD negates exactly none of that.
Quote from Amynue :Scawen, can we expect any screenshots of the car after GC??

10 pages of bitching equals to 0.02% chance.
Quote from deggis :10 pages of bitching equals to 0.02% chance.

I am inclined to agree here.

This is great news, regardless of the community's take. I fully support whatever move forward LFS takes, and will be there every step of the way.

Thanks Scawen, Eric, and Victor, for an awesome simulation.
Quote from 510N3D :didnt mean to wake dead horses but i guess this sort of gives you an idea about it.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=255879#post255879

Well, that's something that EVERY moaner should read, but noone of them cares, because it's too long to read/doesn't contain info about Nordschleife etc. etc.
Seriously though, the only thing i see is, that some people are ignoring those really important things written in Scawen's posts, seeing only "we're getting S2 final done" or so. They should read it properly or buy glasses.
Quote from danowat :I am not convinced thats true, even with the same power/weight ratios, and the suspension/geartrain/diff settings the same, the cars could, and probably would, handle differently.

Even slight geometery differences (those that are built in to a vehicle, and can't be changed) give changes in handling feel, also things like engine position, wheel position etc and weight distribution change things too.

However, I do agree that road cars setups should be limited to realistic setup options, having something like the road cars that you can setup to the nth degree is so very, very unrealistic.

then again so is the XRT's straight line performance for a supposedly late 80's early 90's sports car. around 5sec 0-100kmh...most supercars were around that, not many turbo 4cyl road cars...I'd always assumed the "road cars" had been lightly tickled for track work, both in suspension and engine departments..
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG