XRT was a lovely car, similar to nissan 200 or mazda 626 coupe I guess.
http://www.meinekarre.de/cars/ ... 200_SX_S13_don_simon1.jpg

It would be awesome to see a real VW in LFS, and even better if they allowed scawen to use vw golf in the game too after realising how great the sim is :-}

Now clever people, could someone explain to me why car brands do not give away their cars for LFS sim? If the car's good and people enjoy it, why not? It'd be just better for it... Or wouldn't it?
It's probably money-related. They want their cars represented in a way that makes them look good and doesn't draw attention to any flaws it might have.

However, I'd look at it as free marketing. You stick your car in a game, it gets attention. People aren't going to take a sim as seriously in terms of working out fuel consumption or suspension problems or whatever, simply because it's not a real situation, so I don't see what flaws they could complain about.

Anyway, on to this one. It's great news. Free new content = win.

People ask for new cars (repeatedly) over hundreds of pages, then we get one and it's like "but I don't want that one". Suck it up. If you don't like it, don't use it. Problem solved.

Sometimes people piss me off. "We need a real cars <whine>" "We don't want THAT real car <whine>". FFS.
Well :-) That's very true, but it would be like EuroNCAP where they aren't forced to give away their car, but if it comes out to be good it gains a big advantage and benefits from it

Scirocco looks pretty interesting.
I would say it's more likely that they don't want people to play the game with their car, suck at it, and then assume it's the car thats crap and not them.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would say it's more likely that they don't want people to play the game with their car, suck at it, and then assume it's the car thats crap and not them.

Hm.. but is that actually the case in live for speed? Most people, especially in s2 shouldn't be like that? After all it's a racing simulator not an arcade game full of little kids that blame everything else but 'emselves
everybody wishing for the Nordschleife 24h version of Scirocco put into LFS as an RWD or AWD competitior for the small GTR will be dissappointed. It's FWD. And just like the LFS road car version, a 2.0 TSI. With ~300 bhp.

On another note, TSI is turbocharged yes, so no hopes for N/A. But isn't TSI actually the twincharging technology, first developed for the 1,4 to be used in the Polo, GOlf GT and Touran? /me goes to google.

EDIT: yup, it's the twincharger. Using a superchrager on a clutch for low RPMs and when the turbo spools up, the SC uncltches and the turbo alone does the work. A method of reducing lag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T ... r#Commercial_availability
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : useless post
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Well, no, the 200hp engine we will get is a 2.0l turbocharged engine from Golf GTI

You know something we don't?

If they've been asked to use it as a demonstration of the new car, they will have to replicate the engine the car actually has or it's not a simulation. Which may mean a new engine model added to LFS specially for this car. I really doubt that Scawen and co would just "make do" with whatever had the closest name.
Quote from senn :then again so is the XRT's straight line performance for a supposedly late 80's early 90's sports car. around 5sec 0-100kmh...most supercars were around that, not many turbo 4cyl road cars...I'd always assumed the "road cars" had been lightly tickled for track work, both in suspension and engine departments..

Longitudinal issue, full throttle = wheelspin but perfect grip, should explain 0-100km/h times.
Quote from Dajmin :You know something we don't?

If they've been asked to use it as a demonstration of the new car, they will have to replicate the engine the car actually has or it's not a simulation. Which may mean a new engine model added to LFS specially for this car. I really doubt that Scawen and co would just "make do" with whatever had the closest name.

The 200bhp Scirocco will use the existing Golf GTi engine, which in turn is used by several other VAG cars.
Quote from CasseBent :... You can race any type of vehicle, including... a trailer full of angry Scottish sailors, to name but a few...

lol, that would be quite a challenge!

About the scirocco, you must agree with me that is not the same to drive a regular road car (out of the stand) and to drive an "improved for racing" car.

All I said is that LFS is a racing simulator, and as a racing simulator it would make more sense to include a racing (more thrilling) version of the car.

Quote from CasseBent :You seem to have misunderstood the concept of racing and apparently LFS. You can race any type of vehicle, including wheelchairs, lawnmowers...

Concenpt of LFS?! I'm sure, despite is possible to race them, bringing a wheelchair or a lawnmower to LFS wouldn't be really an improvement...
-
([RF]-art555) DELETED by [RF]-art555 : useless post
Ah, my mistake. I just read it wrong. I read "the 200hp engine we'll get" as what we'd get in LFS, not "the 200hp version of the car we'll get".

I'll take my 20 lashes, I'm not afraid of admitting when I'm wrong
Quote from deggis :Longitudinal issue, full throttle = wheelspin but perfect grip, should explain 0-100km/h times.

There is longitudinal drop off with excess slip ratio. The debate concerns if this drop off is too little. Such a curve only makes it easier to gain optimal 0-100km/h times, but does not actually drop time of a perfect launch.
Quote from eRaptor :About the scirocco, you must agree with me that is not the same to drive a regular road car (out of the stand) and to drive an "improved for racing" car.

It's not the same, that's a given. You can still race them, individually, which is the entire point I was trying to make.

Quote from eRaptor :Concenpt of LFS?! I'm sure, despite is possible to race them, bringing a wheelchair or a lawnmower to LFS wouldn't be really an improvement...

Improvement...no, I guess it wouldn't, but it might be fun, tapping left/right arrows to gain speed in a wheelchair. Lawnmower racing, I would still do that I think, could be fun.
Quote from eRaptor :lol, that would be quite a challenge!

About the scirocco, you must agree with me that is not the same to drive a regular road car (out of the stand) and to drive an "improved for racing" car.

All I said is that LFS is a racing simulator, and as a racing simulator it would make more sense to include a racing (more thrilling) version of the car.

A car exciting to drive IRL is not necessary as exciting in a sim.

Personnaly race spec cars are just plain boring in a sim. But well it 's a matter of taste

Quote from eRaptor :
Concenpt of LFS?! I'm sure, despite is possible to race them, bringing a wheelchair or a lawnmower to LFS wouldn't be really an improvement...

If we get the hospital corridor track with it it could be
Quote from Maelstrom :
If we get the hospital corridor track with it it could be

Infinite Layout possibilities! New Layout Objects! (Hospital Trashcan, Open Door, Stairs, Hospital Beds, Busy Doctors, Terminal Patiences, "Heart Chargers") - Of Course World Records would be relative to the amount of moovement on the hospital.. (more ppl hurt == more doctors working == less space to race)
maybe some halftrack action, or something with a trailer, ROAD TRAIN RACING FTW :P man u could get some swing up on that last trailer....

I just hope it comes out in the next two weeks so that I can play with it before school starts again.
OMG!
Anyone notice the fact that it has a German license plate?
If only the shadow was a little bigger or higher res, it seems like it's a bit off.

Is it just me or by the looks of it we'll be getting one with the semi transparent roof?
Wow, looks amazing! One thing I see a potential snag with though...all of the cars that the devs have taken screenshots of, are right hand drive (presumably because Scawen and Eric are both in UK). But this is left hand drive in the screenie. Coupled with the plate, does that mean we won't get a right hand drive version??

Other than that, looks fantastic, can't wait for it!

E: Just me, or does it look slightly like the new Fiat 500 from that angle? The front looks different, but the back does look quite the same
This thread is closed

VW Scirocco in Live for Speed
(1608 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG