The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Nice Z!
Quote from BigPeBe :If you are thinking about converting in to a EFi, well then don't even think about that original Ford EEC-IV, it's just horrible piece of crap! I mean it's good on stock engine, but if you want to squeeze more power some day I recommend staying on carbs, or getting ie. a Megasquirt.
I have a modified mass air flow meter, so it fools the ECU to give me more rich fuel/air ratio, but it just ruins the economy side. Even very well tuned carbs can be more economical than a "tuned" EEC-IV.

I actually have been thinking of getting twin carbs and getting rid of that horrible EEC-IV. Well ok, not for the economy, but because I need more power, getting carbs or Megasquirt would be so much more easier than keep using that EEC-IV and trying to get it work properly.

And well twin carbs have teh ballls.

want to swap top heads/fuel systems? would probably stick to EEC-IV at first then change to what ive seen another guy have. Pinto EFi with megasquirt and an EDIS system (no distributor ) also fitted a turbo and bored to 2.1, goes pretty fast! but its set up for economy so only about 160bhp.......

EDIT: seems i was wrong, no EFi or turbo, just bored out with the EDIS and megasquirt and a lightened flywheel and a stage 1 head i think. still gets 140bhp on a standard carb!
Quote from egghed6 :considering I dont drive yet, here are my parents cars...

we've also got one of these...

there quite nice, but i'm trying to get the nissan with spoiler

Why does the Z have the steering wheel on the left? Also, why doesn't it have a plate on the front end? That pic looks like it was taken in the US of A.
It's certainly not road legal in the UK without a front number plate. Don't UK cars also need side repeater lamps too, or is that no longer a requirement?
think side repeaters are only if the front indicators dont show from the side at all. or if the car is post 1986.
Quote from hrtburnout :Why does the Z have the steering wheel on the left? Also, why doesn't it have a plate on the front end? That pic looks like it was taken in the US of A.

Because the car IS in the USA:
http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-350Z-Timeslip-12017.html

I bet he just posted a pic of a similar car because he doesn't have a pic of his own. Or his parents moved to the US while he's still in the UK.

And in Belgium (don't know about UK) side repeaters are only mandatory when the car is longer than.. I don't know how many meters.
they arnt the actual car pics, just pics i got off google images. But we hav got those cars-just not the exact ones depicted above.
Quote from egghed6 :they arnt the actual car pics, just pics i got off google images. But we hav got those cars-just not the exact ones depicted above.

Then what's the use of posting the pics? And if you just wanted to take a pic from google, I don't know what you searched for, but if I just want a picture of a 350Z, I need to search a long time before I get to this one..
This is a post your car thread, once you get actual pictures of the cars then your doing the right thing.
Quote from robt :want to swap top heads/fuel systems?

If you have dual carbs and good tuned lid then maybe.
But ehm first I'm maybe looking parts what are available here in Finland.
how about i look after your system while your looking hehehe. The injection head on my car is equivalent and in some ways BETTER then a stage 1 head! think fuel injection gives me a 25bhp boost or more with EDIS and megasquirt.

EDIT: http://i4.photobucket.com/albu ... e/Sierra/aurinkoo004s.jpg hahaha! love the editing there!
Have you seen pictures of my car? would be a few pages back.
Quote from robt :

EDIT: http://i4.photobucket.com/albu ... e/Sierra/aurinkoo004s.jpg hahaha! love the editing there!
Have you seen pictures of my car? would be a few pages back.

Yeah it's my buddy feeling rather nauseous.

Yep, I know your Capri. I don't remember if I have already said a comment about it, so I'm going to say that it is really nice looking car. Capri is one of those cars I'm hoping to own some day, with V6 of course.
the V6 ones are nice, best get the injection special, comes with an LSD personally im looking to go EFi with this one, and maybe get a project capri and fit a V8 or maybe a modern V6 diesel engine. economical and fast
My dreams are maybe a bit more old skool whatsoever. mk1 Capri with 2.8 Cologne with some noisy carbs and tight cam. Late mk3 could be cool too, but I maybe would go for ITBs and Megasquirt, or just for the 24v Cosworth BOA engine.

I don't know but somehow a diesel engine in Capri makes me feel sad. Diesel is good for every day use, but I don't really like those engines. After all practical and economical aren't those things what turn me on.

In my dreams I don't really care if it has LSD from factory, cause I'm definetly gonna install one.

...dreams dreams...
BOA is a good conversion 2.8 with carbs you'd need an old granada (X reg ish) to get a carbed 2.8.

little update for the capri: Got the rear brakes sorted, hopefully doing the steering boot friday, MOT saturday watch this space! oh and PASSED MY TEST
Well done on the test Robt, hopefully my turn soon. Got it booked, but its being kept hush hush of course
Congratulations Rob!
thought u had passed alredy general hope it goes well whenever it is!
Congrats!
I got the rear airbags in, and i can't effing wait for the fronts. Saturday is going to be a long hard day, but I will get them in.

Check out the video: http://mattmosh.com/stuff/

They are way quicker than I thought, but I'm kicking myself for not getting the 12 gallon tank and a third compressor.
I drive my dads, very soon to be mine dodge stratus, and his and mother now share a 99 ford tarus! the ford we took to deals gap, a v6 great fun!
Attached images
Picture019.jpg
Tail of the dragon.jpg
i have got a really nice car its a 2006 mini cooper s with white roof and white bonnet stripes
Attached images
0521081838.jpg
UPDATE: passed the MOT with no advisorys! tester was amazed what good condition it was in. But my mother has banned me from going to drive to my girlfriends 75miles away shes making up any excuse she can think of.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG