The online racing simulator
Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
#52 - Gunn
I'm a Jedi Knight.
#53 - DeKo
Im meant to be at school, even though i turned up about once in the past month, bores the shit out of me and im in 6th year, its like a right that 6th years have to dog it all the time.

Weeknights i work in becogent, which is like one of the biggest call centres in the UK apparently, in scotland at least anyway. Work in there under JDWilliams, its basically fat old womens clothes and its the most repetitive job in the world, but i get about 400 a month which keeps me going with going out and getting a car. Will keep me going through uni, although im 1 disciplinary away from getting the sack.

Going to glasgow uni to do computing science after i leave school this year, and hopefully either do some sort of software dev or games dev, although everybody and their granny wants to be a games developer so its a hard field to get into.
Quote from DeKo :Going to glasgow uni to do computing science after i leave school this year, and hopefully either do some sort of software dev or games dev, although everybody and their granny wants to be a games developer so its a hard field to get into.

Not trying to rub it in but I didn't even want to go into games programming and got a job doing it. Perhaps I got lucky but we're always recruiting (well, interviewing anyway) so there's certainly jobs about (if we're in any way typical).
#55 - DeKo
Quote from Bob Smith :Not trying to rub it in but I didn't even want to go into games programming and got a job doing it. Perhaps I got lucky but we're always recruiting (well, interviewing anyway) so there's certainly jobs about (if we're in any way typical).

Ah right. The uni lecturer just mentioned it in passing seeing as i was the only one that declared any interest. What he did say though is that if i was actually decent at it the uni would basically get me a job at the end of my 4/5 years, but only if i was really good at it and it was worth it like.
Quote from MattxMosh :I thought I'd see more in the auomotive field than we have thus far.

Count me in! I'm a mechanical engineer and I work for a small consultancy which does research and development into engine exhaust and aftertreatment systems.
I'm a student so my main activities are hand jobs.
Quote from Riders Motion :I'm a student so my main activities are hand jobs.

You may wanna re write that... Man that sounds so wrong....
Me? I'm an artist. Right now I do technical illustrations for a high end sign company.
Quote from Riders Motion :I'm a student so my main activities are hand jobs.

lmfao i had a job once for a day until i got fired fo eating all the fries burger king has good fries
Self employed guitar tech. Beats getting a "real" job
Studied IT, then mechanical engineering for a couple of years at college, and somehow ended up as a supervisor in a shop that has nothing to do with either
#62 - Osco
I'm working for a large tour operator and still go to school every now and then...
Right now i'm an unemployed bum.

But used to work as a dredging/production engineer on a "trailing hopper dredger"
This thing for those wondering what it is.. http://www.jandenul.com/images/slideshows/8025.jpg
http://www.jandenul.com/images/slideshows/JSDE2.jpg

Downsides :
-being locked on a ship at sea for 6months a year (6week shifts)
-70-80% of the crew are alcoholics

Upsides :
-Good pay
-high tech gadgets to play with (like 3touchscreens with 6 joysticks
to controll the pipes)
-being home 6months a year with full wage
-seeig alot of the world (and lots of ladies when the ship is
docked )

The two downsides made me decide to quit in the end, but it's a challenging and pretty diverse job. (if your girl can cope with being alone for 6 out of twelve months :shrug
Quote from Noccy :
The two downsides made me decide to quit in the end, but it's a challenging and pretty diverse job. (if your girl can cope with being alone for 6 out of twelve months :shrug

Lol, my ex hated me because I didn't really support her going to study in another country, but I bet she'd be cheating on my after 6 months! (and no, I don't say that because it's my ex... I just know this.)
I'm a 3D character animator...that sucks
I am an electronic engineer, and i work for mostly in print/copy/scan field as an service technician for Canon, installing and maintaining those things.

I have 18 years of experience and still learning along the way
I work for an Industrial Design company. If you've bought a hairdryer in North America in the last few years, it was probably designed where I work.
Quote from MAGGOT :I work for an Industrial Design company. If you've bought a hairdryer in North America in the last few years, it was probably designed where I work.

A mazda?
#69 - Don
I work in a local advertising company as some kind of "universal" guy.. my job includes all kinds of photoshop work, retouching, desktop publishing (indesign), websites designing & programming, photographing, stitching panoramas, creating virtual tours, video editing etc. - sounds good? it sucks
#70 - Osco
Quote from sgt.flippy :A mazda?

I think you should quit the fag comments, especially after posting in the 'post your face' topic
Assistant Technical Manager at my local fish factory (though we now call it a 'healthy food factory') supplying a major supermarket chain. Basically I deal with all tracebacks on our products, insuring that the factory is operating to required legal standards and that any Health and Safety procedures are followed completely.

Basically I sit in my office, and surf the web all day......however my in tray now resembles the second highest peak in Britain.
Quote from Osco :I think you should quit the fag comments, especially after posting in the 'post your face' topic

ROFLMAO!
Quote from Osco :I think you should quit the fag comments, especially after posting in the 'post your face' topic

I'd be touched by that one if it wasn' a pic with my (ex) girlfriend and the pic is more than a year old and I don't really look like that anymore
And where is the pic of your face? Can't find it..

And by the way, I find it way more offensive the fact you just called every hairdresser in the world a fag...
And still, a hairdryer, annoying buzzing noise, doesn't even need to have anything to do with hairdressers.
That's at least how I interpret your post.

And sorry if I insulted you, wasn't really my intention, and I don't feel like going into a discussion about it.
Freelance Producer/Assistent Accountmanager/Order Processor

Totally not the thing I studied for, but hey, in the end it's all down to what you can do. Right now I'm making more than what I'd make when I worked as what I studied for. So go me!

Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG