The online racing simulator
Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
sounds like fun, i thought you were un-employed part time bum? what store do you work at?
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Do they allow you to keep taking it home every 5 days?

LOL i don't think so although someone from our store has "borrowed" 2x Xbox's and a MacBook Air amongst other things he's knicked...

I've had the job a month today (i think) - Just got paid £269.80 so w00t.

I won't name the branch I work at incase an LFS'er turns up
lol can't you tell us the chain or stores? dw, ill try to refrain myself from taking a special trip to england to visit you...
I already posted the Chain - PC World, owned by DSGi.

PC World is also called "PC City" in Spain, France, Italy & Sweden.

I won't post the branch because it's only 45 miles from where Danowat & Tristan live :P
ha ha well they can probably almost find it now, there wouldnt be many PC World stores in a 45 mile radius of them
Theres at least 3
3rd times the charm
i now work for PC World also *Gulp* warehouse management for now. im on a kind of waiting list for tech guys (training for their procedures)

far better than the Co-Op thats for sure. The store im working in was a complete shit hole till about 2 months ago when some new managers came in... the staff have a totally different attitude now. They have spent more money on it and got some more staff in (hello!) as its apparently the flagship store for the region. (and it shows).

Means im doing 3 jobs for the next month (Co-op .. got to work the notice period... 500servers & PC World). knackered is not the word!
w00t I have a companion!

How much are you getting paid if you don't mind me asking?

Consider yourself lucky you get to be a "Tech Guy" apparently our store can only support 2 Tech Guys and they seem to be there all day and never do any work - I seem to have to do all my instore-setups myself which is a pain...
Quote from franky500 :far better than the Co-Op thats for sure. The store im working in was a complete shit hole

Lucky you don't work in our local co-op. It's, erm, a shell hole

(literally! - it got burnt down the other week :tilt
Quote from J@tko :Lucky you don't work in our local co-op. It's, erm, a shell hole

(literally! - it got burnt down the other week :tilt

ours nearly done that today!! so close (flat next door went up in flames.... was kinda hoping.. but alas not

25 days left there and counting!

@JakG.. because the PCWorld im at is a big store and a flagship store preety much everyone can do any of the jobs, you get your main area you deal with and also alternate through the different areas depending on where your needed most. (wether it be the clinic, business centre, sales floor etc..) were short of advisors on sunday, ended up with 19 people waiting with 3 advisors.. but none of them were lost. got a good floor manager there now .

Bit of a hinderance when your trying to sort out a neglected warehouse though.. cant move more than 10 ft on the shop floor before your being harrassed by the customers!.

as for the how much i am getting paid... prefer not to say for now. its all still a mess anyhow only been there a week and it has not been quiet.
I am a medical student and whenever I have some spare time I volunteer to help the doctors that are on call in the emergency room of the teaching hospital that I was assigned to, It would be nice if I got a little cash out of it but what I learn in the front is enough for now.
I am a barista... not the law type lol. I make coffee! Been doing it for 4years now and love it to death..... but i am kinda getting over it and looking into something differnt. Maybe study mechanics or something.
#264 - ssm
YAY! I just got my first check since I started internet marketing!!! 980 dollars YEAH!!!!
My job is learning. That's what you should do when you're at university

Thought about opening another thread, but this will do. I'm interested in knowing what some of you do but also how much you're beeing payed.
So if you could post your job, average paycheck and some general life costs, like a month rent, food prices etc, so i can compare...
right now i earn 1100€ after taxes.

to pay from that:

appartement rent: 400€
new car: 170€
insurance: 12€
webserver: 25€
internet+phone: 60€
cellphone+contract: 45€
paying off tires: 40€
insurance+tax on car: 50€
fueling up once a month: 70€

thats the "major" stuff.
so overall im left over with just over 200€ each month, from which i gotta buy food and other stuff.
going shopping once for a week costs me about 30-50€.
im also smoking...which helps me ending up with nothing every month.

but soon changing job, my income will increase by about 500€...which i cant wait for
well since i am a full time student, i only work part time at a convenience store. been there for about 10 months.

i get paid 9.90$/h ( that is the minimum wage allowed by the law ) i usually do about 14-16h/week.

rent: i live at my parents
cellphone: 65$/month
insurance: 23$/month
license plate: 32$/month
gas: 50$/week ( hooray for that big 3.4l v6 )
food& going out: about 100$/month

so lets say that i do about 600$/month, so i am left with 180$ that i use to pay my credit card.

so i end up with next to nothing.
Quote from el pibe :well since i am a full time student, i only work part time at a convenience store. been there for about 10 months.

i get paid 9.90$/h ( that is the minimum wage allowed by the law ) i usually do about 14-16h/week.

rent: i live at my parents
cellphone: 65$/month
insurance: 23$/month
license plate: 32$/month
gas: 50$/week ( hooray for that big 3.4l v6 )
food& going out: about 100$/month

so lets say that i do about 600$/month, so i am left with 180$ that i use to pay my credit card.

so i end up with next to nothing.

Remind me never to go to Quebec. $10 minimum wage! That's retarded. Your insurance is cheap though. I pay $130 for my car.
dont come to germany either then...we get about the same (7€/H).
It's $12.50 in BC, however I make a decent amount more than that.
I'm curently doing some video editing for weddings and stuff, and will be making around 200, 250 euros, and that's about the same cost as a monthly rent here..
But, it will be almost a monday to wednesday kinda job.. so yeah. Life kinda sucks, gotta find some other income to add to that.
You could be a stripper? :P
i make tvöd e13/3 of which about half actually survives the onslaught of taxes
What's tvod e13/3..

Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG