The online racing simulator
Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
I Have Alot Of Jobs
Jobs Im Great At: Unemplyed

Jobs Im Good At: Student - Year 11/ Self Employed Game Designer

Jobs Im Ok At: Graphics Artist (Worked At A Graphics Company For My Work Experience, It Was AMAZING!!!!)

Jobs I Suck At: Anything creative that i dabble in such as photoshoping, virtual car tuning, 3d modeling, song creator, dj'er, forum runner, website designer, 3d game designer, software creator. Ect Ect.... Anything thats creative that i can get my hands into i do, and then i attempt to make money out of it, but then i fail because im too bad at it.

Most of that post was completely pointless, but im bored waiting for two cars to render , forgive me god
Quote from Migz :Anything thats creative that i can get my hands into i do, and then i attempt to make money out of it, but then i fail because im too bad at it.

exactly like me lol
And this is what I do for a living:

I work in the storage of a windowblinds/curtains manufacturer. That's my company car

Oh, and I'm a radio DJ for the local radio station.
Quote from jwardy :exactly like me lol

haha :P we both pawn then.
We should so totally join forces and we both make an amazing ammount of monies

Quote from hrtburnout :And this is what I do for a living:

I work in the storage of a windowblinds/curtains manufacturer. That's my company car

Oh, and I'm a radio DJ for the local radio station.

Can you drift with that machine? Cause my friend works in a supermarket, and they used to drift with them. However they're not electronic, they have to pull it themselves
If anyone wants to be my boss (and is suitably qualified - possibly a longshot but you never know on these forums), it seems we're hiring.

/tangent
-
(Maukkade) DELETED by Maukkade
Quote from batteryy :im a student and sometimes im babysitter for my big brother's baby. i get 5e per hour

Mwhaha I got 8e/hour. Did about 1200e last month :dopey:
Quote from Bob Smith :If anyone wants to be my boss (and is suitably qualified - possibly a longshot but you never know on these forums), it seems we're hiring.

/tangent

what game is it that your designing? Some sort of car game? A rival to lfs?
Some semi-arcade console game (Ferrari something?) iirc.
I'm planting air conditioners(mainly) for living...pretty much satisfied with this job
Quote from Jakg :Some semi-arcade console game (Ferrari something?) iirc.

thats crap, i do hope its not one of them arcade machine atari crap. But meh. At least he's managed to stick with a game unlike me lol.
Quote from Migz :what game is it that your designing? Some sort of car game? A rival to lfs?

Well, this company is putting the last finishing touches (patches, add-on downloadable content) to Ferrari Challenge, a console semi-sim.

There is much talk of a spin-off title, which would be essentially the same game but with a wider variety of cars (i.e. not just Ferraris). No doubt they are hoping to entice those put off by the pure Ferrari aspect of the game, so that more money can be made.

We are also developing a vaguely GTA style game called Ride To Hell, and a as of yet untitled PC racing sim. I can't tell you any details about those games other than what gets said in the press releases, although I can't see the latter turning into an LFS rival as it's not aiming for quite the same niche. No doubt all will be revealed in time.
Student: Bachelor in International Management and currently studying Managerial Information Systems at Comenius University.

And I "work" as a freelance web designer.
Mechanical Engineer since 1995.

I design high speed packaging machinery for the beverage packing industry....mostly beer and soft drinks in cans and bottles packed into cardboard packages (that last step is what my machines do).

My machine (I say "my" because I designed about 75% of it):

Running right to left in that pic, it's about 10.7 meters long (some of it's cut off in that pic), and can pack about 200 12-packs of your favorite beer in one minute.
I bet you get free beer........a lot!
I tempted at one of your rivals for a few months some years back! Then again i've had every temp job going at some point... But they was the ones who had Perry McCarthy (ex Minardi, ex Stig) turn up to the company kart do and beat me. *hangs head in shame*
Quote from Bob Smith :Well, this company is putting the last finishing touches (patches, add-on downloadable content) to Ferrari Challenge, a console semi-sim.

There is much talk of a spin-off title, which would be essentially the same game but with a wider variety of cars (i.e. not just Ferraris). No doubt they are hoping to entice those put off by the pure Ferrari aspect of the game, so that more money can be made.

We are also developing a vaguely GTA style game called Ride To Hell, and a as of yet untitled PC racing sim. I can't tell you any details about those games other than what gets said in the press releases, although I can't see the latter turning into an LFS rival as it's not aiming for quite the same niche. No doubt all will be revealed in time.

Ohh that game, ive seen that in the shops. I remember on the back it said its more realistic then GRID. Thats pretty cool.
Another GTA? you'll be contending with both GTA and Saints Row, you'd need to have something special up your sleeve
So your a UK game based company? (Is now interested because i was never going to take up game devoloping as i thought all companies were in the USA)
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Can you drift with that machine? Cause my friend works in a supermarket, and they used to drift with them. However they're not electronic, they have to pull it themselves

It's electronic, and it can do about 13 to 14kmh. No dori dori sadly, because it's front wheel drive
Quote from Migz :So your a UK game based company? (Is now interested because i was never going to take up game devoloping as i thought all companies were in the USA)

You've never looked for UK games companies then. The north east has it's own hub, as there's Eutechnyx where I work, along with Pitbull Syndicate (now bought out by Midway Games), Reflections (now a divison of Ubisoft), Venom Games* (now part of Take Two Interactive), Atomic Planet and Mere Mortals.
*who it seems have actually just closed down.

Not a million miles away in Edinburgh there is Rockstar North (formerly DMA Design), who everyone should know as making the Lemmings and Grand Theft Auto series of games. Leeds had Mobius Entertainment until Rockstar gobbled them up too.

Finally the south has it's share too, with Eidos Interactive, Lionhead Studios and Codemasters.

Of course there are loads in the states too, particurlarly California, but they certaintly don't have them all!
:| Whaoh, so many game companies in the uk! Seems i wouldnt have to move away to become a game designer!!

I must start practicing my game designing
lol I simply bus tables and handle room service orders at a Holiday Inn. But soon since im moving out, ill be working security at another Hotel. Its awesome being 6 foot 4, 260 lbs. Nobody messes around with me haha
#224 - ssm
woooh! go mickey!

Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG