The online racing simulator
Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Remind me never to go to Quebec. $10 minimum wage! That's retarded. Your insurance is cheap though. I pay $130 for my car.

You think $130 is expensive? Come to Ontario. Better yet, come to Toronto. I got quoted at $330/mo for a '98 Neon, parked in a secure, underground heated carpark with real security guards in a good area of the city, with a completely clean driving record and absolutely nothing of value in the car, ever (it doesn't even have a CASSETTE player ffs). Yea. I laugh at your $130. Laugh out of jealousy. Ha.

Of course, a buddy of mine pays $46/mo for his insurance in Regina (well, did, before he moved out here permanently. Now he doesn't have a car, like me, because no one can afford one).

That aside, I'm pulling in about $3500/mo on my paycheques right now. But, I don't get taxes taken off (contract), so you can lop that down to about $2600/mo. Then I pay $1700/mo in rent. Then $75/mo for my phone. Then $135/mo for my crap cable and internet. Then about $200/mo for food. Then, I have a girlfriend, so there goes the rest of it

It's actually kind of depressing; the cheques themselves are usually about $4000, after HST (as a contract worker, I have to collect HST on top of my rate to give to the government, which is about $455), and work expenses. But, most of that isn't really my money. Damn taxes.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Thought about opening another thread, but this will do. I'm interested in knowing what some of you do but also how much you're beeing payed.
So if you could post your job, average paycheck and some general life costs, like a month rent, food prices etc, so i can compare...

I take home about £300-£350 a month working part time (12-16 hours a week, £6.39 an hour), but after overtime, bonus etc I'll clear nearly £9k this year, but also get ~£3,500 a year student loan.

A fair bit of tax should come off that, but due to the "low" amount I earn I pay very little (first £6.5-ish-k is tax free in the UK - this year I've paid £335 tax and £335 national insurance).

I pay ~£700 a year for insurance (very reasonable and due to fall again this year), and spend about £70-£80 a week on fuel (average diesel price here - £1.428pl, aka $2.26 per litre or $8.55 per US gallon).

Rent in the country isn't that expensive - you can get a proper house for £500pm (although I haven't moved out yet, looking at it this year with my girlfriend).

I pay about £35pm for my phone.
Damn, internet, phone, insurance etc is hella expensive in first world countries

For comparison, I spend 14e for Internet (4 mbit), 6 euros for the phone.. (but that's one of the lowest packages, 40 minutes of free talk, 80 sms, unlimited mobile internet)
Quote from Boris Lozac :Damn, internet, phone, insurance etc is hella expensive in first world countries

For comparison, I spend 14e for Internet (4 mbit), like 6 euros for the phone..

My home internet is ~£26pm with BT - however the UK has quite a "backwards" telecoms infrastructure outside of major towns / cities.

My phone sounds expensive - but that does include a £600 iPhone 5 and unlimited everything (I understand most US mobile packages actually work out more expensive than in the UK when you look at the handset cost & minutes as well)

EDIT - £26 gets me ~5mbit down / 0.5mbit up & 300GBpm FUP
Boris:

$75 for 50/2 mbit.
That sounds ok Dustin.. I don't really need that much though, 4 is just fine..
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321 : LFS S3
I'm a software developer for a Stockbroker (been doing that about a year).

I make about £1260 a month after tax

Major monthly spends:

Mortgage: £385
Home, contents & life insurance: £100
Internet, phone & TV: £60
Car Insurance: £81 (1.8l focus estate, 2 years' no-claims)
Mobile phone: £21
Petrol: ~£50
Energy bills: ~£80
Council tax: £90
Quote from Shotglass :google is your friend

What, are we all germans here so we know what you're talking about?
Quote from Boris Lozac :What, are we all germans here so we know what you're talking about?

I believe it's a 'scale' he's in or something which indicated how much he earns.
Been offered a job in Lithuanian Air Forces. Salary is really good, by our standards (550 EUR per month), and job is relatively easy, so that's a really awesome place. But I just don't want to stick in one place for extended period of time. I'll try the trial period, and unless the job is really good, I'm going to pack my shit and gun it.

Driving these. Delivering food to various shops around the area I live.
(Moved to Larvik in Vestfold (some place in Norway) )

Edit: You should go for that job! Jobs in the military are pretty safe (not easy to get fired), well payed and nice, at least here in Norway
I'm currently count as a low payed beginner-electrician,earning few cents shy from 10€/h. Still better than get ~300€ monthly for dedicating my whole life for work without free days in only job I could find in my home town.

Approximate regular monthly expences:
350€ for a room in workers hostel with annoying polaks in neighbour rooms,still to find my own appartment...
~150€ for food (some 1/3 is eaten in lunch break in work)
~50€ for various other expences like phone,internet n'stuff
Since my monthly public transport ticked is payed by employer and I can travel freely around the city when and how much I want without extra costs,I have no other expences,so I end up with... Some money after all,because I'm not a big money waster!
But when I get my own place,it means more costs,later also some wheels are planned,so I could end with 0 at end of month later with this salary...
Quote from Shotglass :google is your friend

Google is not your friend. They could care less if you ate a bullet.
Quote from The Very End :
You should go for that job! Jobs in the military are pretty safe (not easy to get fired), well payed and nice, at least here in Norway

I don't how much shit would I need to do over there to be fired before the contract ends. I know I should go for it and never leave it. But I don't want to get serious yet. I like doing random shit too much.

Plus the job I'm offered includes watching the radar, so I probably get free vasectomy!
Being yet another full time student and part time somethingrather in this thread (god there's many of us) I'm interested to compare. Lets see now...

I earn about 10k eur / year working at the uni as a research assistant. In summer it's around 1600 eur/mo after tax. From autumn to spring 420 plus student benefits ~470 = almost a 1000 eur/ mo after tax.

- rent is 325 eur/mo (includes electricity, water and interwebs)
- cell ~20 eur / mo
- another cell deal 14,50 ( I wonder why the **** I don't kill this one)
- I've never kept track of how much I eat in a month :|
- petrol, if I fill up about once in a fortnight it's 162 eur/mo
- beer ?? eur/mo

- car insurance 600 and something eur/ year but my mom chips in to that one.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Remind me never to go to Quebec. $10 minimum wage! That's retarded. Your insurance is cheap though. I pay $130 for my car.

yes, quebec is shit. bear in mind, im that dull cashier at mac's that is forced to say '' hello '' to every single customer who crosses the door, even if he just came 5mins ago and forgot his wallet.

tbh, the job is shit too. most of the times i am alone in the store, so i have to do cashier and restocking and cleaning. im thinking bout looking for a new job because in may my store will become 24/7. **** that shit. busting my ass all night long for 12$/h (yes, because the night shift you get paid an extra 2.10$/h ! yay!). no effing way.

and yes, my insurance is cheap because i have one-way insurance. it is not worth it to waste more money than that on my rusted out POS mini-van. im actually waiting for the day that someone runs into me and i get some money to get a decent ride lol.

/rant
Why is the insurance so high in some countries? I just calculated what it would cost me to insure a brand new 542hp Nissan GTR with 2 years driving experience - under 200€/year..
because first world problems.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Why is the insurance so high in some countries? I just calculated what it would cost me to insure a brand new 542hp Nissan GTR with 2 years driving experience - under 200€/year..

Just tried that in the uk using 2 years driving experience and 2 years no claims in a low crime area ... cheapest price for insurance .. £1724.62 per year
Quote from Nadeo4441 :Why is the insurance so high in some countries? I just calculated what it would cost me to insure a brand new 542hp Nissan GTR with 2 years driving experience - under 200€/year..

if i would insure my car by myself ('12 ford fiesta 96 hp) it would cost me 1400€/year.
and that with almost 3 years driving experience.
cant afford it...over here u gotta be sort of rich to get going.

//EDIT: just checked with ur GTR example...that one would cost 4.500€/year...note that this is the cheapest, there are some over 6000...

In the UK, it's down to a mixture of over-inflated repair costs ("insurance approved" repair garages are VERY expensive), credit hire (companies hire out courtesy cars at ridiculous prices and reclaim it all from the insurers), personal injury claims (inc falsified ones!) and uninsured drivers.

Despite how expensive insurance is in the UK - most insurers don't actually make a profit on their motor policies*

*although obviously they re-invest the money they take from those policies and DO make a profit overall using the investments made with this money - but with the financial crash the return on investment isn't as large as used it be leading to higher prices.
Quote from GAVD999 :Just tried that in the uk using 2 years driving experience and 2 years no claims in a low crime area ... cheapest price for insurance .. £1724.62 per year

That's actually not far off what I paid to insure myself on my ZT with 2 years no claims aged 19 (£1k iirc)
Forgot to mention, I am working my ass off. Worked 52 hours last week, but at least that made me earn around 1,620EUR before taxes (which should be around 30 ish %) (Gets paid each week).
So, no social life at the moment since I work from 06 in the morning til late at day, and when I get home I just want to sleep after training
1600€ for one week?

i want your job...
I want your job, TVE. I would drive that beauty all day long.

Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG