The online racing simulator
Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
I manage a storage facility.

I don't think these are too popular outside of the US, but its a mini-warehouse where people pay $120-$300 per month to pack their useless extra shit instead of selling it. Some businesses and state agencies use them for storing merchandise and files. I am one of two managers serving 500 customer tenants. I do everything from cleaning to collection calls and auctioning the contents of the units if they fail to pay. It is an ok job for the most part, but people become monsters when they owe money and get desperate. I've been told the most blatant lies and insults right to my face and I still have to be respectful. Luckily I get paid more than I can spend, so I'm saving to buy an airplane after paying my student loans.
flymike91, you see alot of storage wars?
Have you been on Storage Wars: Texas?
sorry to ruin the magic but storage wars is staged
They did film an episode at a facility in Austin but not mine.

There is never anything good in the units except maybe furniture. 4/5 units are empty or full of moldy clothes and children's toys. If there was treasure in the unit, people wouldn't let it be foreclosed on for only $350.
I'm 16 and don't have a job and im a drop out
Quote from Bose321 :I have just come across a video that explains why people like TVE are not a good idea to fill an army with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hpEnLtqUDg

:clapclap: there is so much happening there, didnt notice that guy falling out the window till the third rewiind

currently in the last weeks of my internship at Conti, then its back to university for another year. Just got a nice room in a flatshare this weekend, after being turned down six times ("you're too old/you're too young" "we want a vegetarian" "sorry, rock music is a no-go, we need swag" etc.)
Full-time procrastinato
and i got kicked out of college for a semester. so now i am a part time bum/part time cashier. **** me
What the hell did you do?
Quote from CSU1 :Full-time procrastinato

I like that job. I think I'll start looking a for a position next month.
I am a high school student, and have a part time job as an Assistant Technology Director at a local school district... I help manage 320 iPads, I'm in charge of their virtual servers, and coding their website...

I also code websites and insims for my self... :P
Quote from T3charmy :I am a high school student, and have a part time job as an Assistant Technology Director at a local school district... I help manage 320 iPads, I'm in charge of their virtual servers, and coding their website...

I also code websites and insims for my self... :P

That's nice. When I was in high-school the biggest thing I did was install cracked versions on Race 07 in all the school PCs.
Quote from The Very End :What the hell did you do?

i slacked my way to failure. i got kicked out because i was there on condition that i pass 50% or more of my classes.

i had 6. i passed 3. but that is not enough it seems.

**** this system.

yes, i say **** alot lately.
Quote from el pibe :i slacked my way to failure. i got kicked out because i was there on condition that i pass 50% or more of my classes.

**** this system.

Yes, you should cut down on the swearing. McDonald's doesn't like potty mouthed employees.
College studying Cisco Networking and Security. Working towards CCNA in Routing&Switching as well as CCNA Security
also self-studied Software Development at home before doing the current course path in college.
Quote from DavidTiger :College studying Cisco Networking and Security. Working towards CCNA in Routing&Switching as well as CCNA Security
also self-studied Software Development at home before doing the current course path in college.

Eww, I've completed that course. Cisco is horribly outdated. Not to forget boring.
I'm on CCNP now. Good thing is you can learn a lot how networks work. Bad is you only learn it from Cisco's point of view.
My job...

It's a Cisco graded course but there's quite a bit with Microsoft networks and OS, as well as Linux OS and servers.
It's dull and boring on the theory side but it gets the qualifications and certifications for future

Just spent 4 months (1 of 4 days a week) installing and configuring a Windows Client & Server. Boring simple stuff but its a 1st year class and we all have to start at the beginning for those who don't have a clue xD
Learning basic TCP/IP & OSI models, Routers, Switches, Hubs.. Design and plan and build a network etc

TBH the first year is gonna be long and boring but next year its more hands on with networking kit and finally get into the security side of things. More in depth with Windows/Linux Servers.
I do hands-on testing with cameras/camcorders and write in-depth reviews. Also news/features about new models, etc. Sometimes I write for some of our sister sites about other electronics/appliances.
Quote from el pibe :i slacked my way to failure. i got kicked out because i was there on condition that i pass 50% or more of my classes.

**** this system.

They should have kicked you out. That's your own damn fault. While the system, in many ways, is incredibly screwed up, this is one instance where it has worked. Stop being an idiot and maybe you'll get somewhere.

Maybe if Quebecers stopped bitching and moaning about everything and started actually working towards something the whole province wouldn't be such a mess.
Apparently I never posted what else I do - when I'm not working part time, I'm doing a degree in Computer Science at the University of East Anglia (UEA). I'm in my final year, due to graduate this summer... scary.

Post Your Job!
(389 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG