The online racing simulator
I would love to join, but I'm afraid the extra typing might wear out my keyboard...
#152 - hda
can i have a member card as well?
Totally agree, the new patch is fantastic!
Glad LFS is harder? Not really, I couldn't care less if it got easier in fact as long as it was being developed in the right way. More realistic? Yes, in the cases where it matters.

Glad the FBMW comes equipped with the standard "LFS handling adjustment pack" offering far wider setup options, and I'd bet softer tyres, than FBMW series' allow? Nope.

Come on SCAVIER, start mimicing the championships and regulations aswell as the car's appearance and basic specification. Or else what's the point of it being a Formula BMW instead of a fake imitation?
Harder doesn't necessarily always mean more realistic, but I like the way this patch is heading.
sing me in !!
I'm in
Good stuff.
I'm in too
I'm in. LFS is going in an excellent direction.
Quote from BenjiMC :
I really like the patch, not a problem with anything apart from the tyre physics. do i really have to teeter around a lap of AS4 at <90 mph on full pressure R2's to get in 1!!! qualifying lap? I like realism but this may be overdoing it.

You're using too soft a compound of tire, try some harder ones.

Quote from Cue-Ball :I'm pretty sure this is how it's done in real life as well (just an educated guess, since I'm not fortunate enough to race in the real world). After you cross the start finish line, let's say you are 5 seconds ahead of the guy behind you. Well, there's no way that your crew can determine that you're 5 seconds ahead until that guy crosses the line. By that time, you're past the pits and down the track. So the next time you come around, they can tell you how far ahead you were the last time you passed the start/finish line.

What I meant was the laps completed/laps to go number wasn't up to date, even I'm able to work out how to get this right on a pit board IRL

Quote from sinbad :Glad LFS is harder? Not really, I couldn't care less if it got easier in fact as long as it was being developed in the right way. More realistic? Yes, in the cases where it matters.

Glad the FBMW comes equipped with the standard "LFS handling adjustment pack" offering far wider setup options, and I'd bet softer tyres, than FBMW series' allow? Nope.

Come on SCAVIER, start mimicing the championships and regulations aswell as the car's appearance and basic specification. Or else what's the point of it being a Formula BMW instead of a fake imitation?

I couldn't agree with this statement more, and as I posted before I thought the addition of a real car that really races with publically available setup options and regs would be the perfect time to buck the trend. It's a great shame this wasn't done so we'll have to put up with the moaning nancies if it ever does change in the future
I tested it for about 5 - 6 hours last night and gotta say I'm impressed

Before people used to say LFS physics were close to real life - I used to think yeah there not bad, I can imagine driving like that. Now I drive and it really feels like I'm driving, I don't need imagination any more the emerssion has jumped up a whole bunch of notches for me - so for me its definately moving in the right direction.

I think it will make the racing experience much much more realistic - imagine now these changes along with dynamic racing line, live track (rubble, oil, etc), mechanical considerations extended to engine wear/heating, brakes wear heating, etc, etc dynamic weather temp/wet etc
Consider me in. In fact, I think it easier to play then ever before.
Count me in too, loving the patch...
Yep!

I have a G25 at home so i,m used to lifting off anyways, joypad at work makes it a bit harder but still well and truly usable.

Yes LFS at work!!! i own my own business so i can have a small amount of playtime..

The wee bimmer is a sweet little unit,so drivable yet unforgiving when you over cook it.

Well done Scavier, dudes n dudettes
seems like a lot of people is liking the patch =P i gotta try it tonight if i have time =D i would do it right now but im at work T_T
People love the patch, there has been a lot of complains about new features/removed features in the patch, but overall it`s been a HUGE success for the LFS team. Of course it`s atm a test patch, and there is some way to go before it`s all done, but it`s a great patch, and it adds so many new things. New track config, new car, a lot of new features, improvment of current features...the list is long, and when mayor changes comes there is allways dissagrement
I'm in! Great new patch...more realism...just awesome.
ic =] btw quick question about the manual gearing... if you choose manual you'd have to clutch it everytime right? either that or go auto? if it requires me to clutch it everytime if i choose manual its gonna be a problem for my dfp >.< and i don't like going auto since i have less control of the car
Quote from subhumanspunk :ic =] btw quick question about the manual gearing... if you choose manual you'd have to clutch it everytime right? either that or go auto? if it requires me to clutch it everytime if i choose manual its gonna be a problem for my dfp >.< and i don't like going auto since i have less control of the car

you have to use clutch (for cars with h-pattern)

dfp is no problem, just use button clutch

edit: it seems that i am no longer able to shift without clutch, just by matching revs. this worked in patch x10. for sake of completeness i hope we see this feature in patch Y. it shouldn't be too easy though, as it is difficult to do in real life.
I'd like to join this
Add me to the list, you can't be unhappy with Patch X30...
Quote from Not Sure :you have to use clutch (for cars with h-pattern)

dfp is no problem, just use button clutch

edit: it seems that i am no longer able to shift without clutch, just by matching revs. this worked in patch x10. for sake of completeness i hope we see this feature in patch Y. it shouldn't be too easy though, as it is difficult to do in real life.

ah.. so it is in full manual >.<... its gonna be weird using a button for a clutch... and since i drift mostly i sometimes shift in the middle of turning...
+1 new patch = almost real racing/drifting
it's good way in lfs progress.. but i'm still waiting for new tracks/cars/other stuff

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG