The online racing simulator
I'm not sure, but it could have some special textures file made for it where all .dds is in and unable to open it Like I said I'm not sure.
Bikes? Why not ? I am a car fan, but, bike represents some nice horse power with low weight, and this could be alot of fun, specially with a mix of cars and bikes on same race, where a car would overtake a bike on speed but not on acelaration.

This would really make the game alot more fun, plus, with this games tradition of realism it would probably the most realistic moto simulator.

Also, this would work good for city driving servers too.

I can only hope to ever ride Fernbay in a bike.

Also, we need more tracks, tracks with less room at the sides, where the action is more packed, and with nice high speed turns instead of the slow to 70km/h turns, those really sux, and is where most ppl dont brake in start, making every race a hope everyone brakes challenge.

Also, Live For Speed is not Live For Cars, bikes are a good part of the motorsport scene, so, why not include them, would be a really nice twist, and would also break the routine of always having 4 wheels.

This is a for fun simulator, not a for learning simulator, so, bikes = more fun.

PS: after seeing the other posters post about the Carver, would love to see something like that in, maybe a normal one and then a GTR one? that, would be fantastic, more fun !
the problem is that steering a bike is very diffent from steering a car. You control a bike with your body movement too, something one can not simulate on a normal pc, on a specialized arcade-machine perhaps.
Mooncraft Shiden
Yes, no? Maybe so? At least have some lemans, though been said before, this one in particular is nice.
Attached images
824836501l.jpg
And... I don`t know how it`s going to feel when you are using a wheel to control a bike
At least for me it wouldn`t feel right.
i love the idea of bikes, but there are just too many problems fair enuf the steering wheel might work if they setup the whole dynamics of them but what about when the bike wheelies through power? how are you going to lean foward to keep the nose down or backwards whilst brakeing? i think that lfs shouldn't atempt this it is a perfect game and i think adding bikes may spoil it.... plus what about if u crash? u cant reset so your stuffed that would just get frustrating to me
netBike is based off of netKar pro and seems to do bikes very well. Check it out on youtube. With the way it's coming, i'd rather not see bieks in LFS.
Well, maybe, if the DEV`s find a good solution and code for it, bikes could be implented in the game. But what I mean is..well it just doesn`t fit, I can`t see how te bikes could work out :/ Because this is a car sim, if we added a bike we would needed to add some different types too so you could get bikes class.. = a lot of work, and I don`t think it fits LFS
It would be nice with a RB6 or RB8 and a RWD mid-engined pretty small car with a flat 6, just like the Porsche Cayman
Quote from jonaz lindberg :It would be nice with a RB6 or RB8 and a RWD mid-engined pretty small car with a flat 6, just like the Porsche Cayman

whe have that

Its called a FZ50
Scawen has personally said that he would like to test bikes in LFS, that was one early interview and that was related to future things and what is possible and what is not, I can't help but I believe he has bike in his version of LFS and that is why we don't see him sometimes for long time, he enjoys his nicked (from sega) bike controller probably too much

(some facts may have bit of fiction included)
Quote from Chrisuu01 :
Quote from jonaz lindberg : It would be nice with a RB6 or RB8 and a RWD mid-engined pretty small car with a flat 6, just like the Porsche Cayman

whe have that

Its called a FZ50

pretty small, mid-engined ?

Quote from JTbo :Scawen has personally said that he would like to test bikes in LFS, that was one early interview and that was related to future things and what is possible and what is not, I can't help but I believe he has bike in his version of LFS and that is why we don't see him sometimes for long time, he enjoys his nicked (from sega) bike controller probably too much

(some facts may have bit of fiction included)

I hope he is doing the "supermotard" on the rallyx, according to actual tyre physics, sliding a bike should be quite good
bikes with a stearing wheel hmmm .
- 1 for bikes im affraid
Idem what jonaz lindberg said,

And here is my list of cars i would like to see in S3,

- A V8 Supercar. Maybe Holden?
- AWD Car. Subaru Impreza/Lancer Evolution inspired?
- Muscle Car. 'Stang/Camaro/Corvette? Should get some more people back on the drag strip, since this is what muscle cars do best.
- Indeed a mid engined/small car. Saturn Sky (Opel GT), Pontiac Solstice inspired?

Now the IMO less important ones,

- Kind of newer version of the XRT would seem exciting. Maybe losely based on an S15?
- FWD car. Seat Leon or other WTCC car in road version?

Weird idea, not really usefull, just crossed my mind,

Something for the cruisers between us?
- A tow truck.. xD
i think modding is an excellent idea. i think that some servers should allow or disable car modding usage for clients, in case some people dont like the idea. just imagine someone pulling up beside your BMW M3 in their Porsche in a San Francisco city track. you look over and see him revving his engine. the light turns green and you race him down the road and onto a busy highway of other people in their cars. what happens next? yep, youre right! in and out they weave through traffic and continue down a long stretch. but then, the inevitable happens: a cop in his lamborghini chases them down the freeway and onto civilian roads. but the superior performance of the lamborghini's v12 overpowers both of them and theyre busted.

or if youre not much of a street racer, there are other benefits available with modding. more variety in the cars allows people to simulate real life situations in which not everyone has the same car. race down aston in your ferrari f430 with the top down against another person in his lamborghini gallardo. this is a fair match and the allowed cars should be chosen by the host in order to achieve a fair race.

also, there should be a filter that prevents some noob who somehow knows how to mod from making a block car with 1000 horsepower with a top speed of 500 miles per hour. for example, there can be a limit of lets say 500 horsepower and 200 mph, depending on the type of car. if this doesnt work, you can just require that the mod is sent to the developers for approval and insertion into the lfs database of cars (much like the lfs skins on lfs world) so that they are visible to all racers.

hows that?
That's what Need for Speed is for. This is somewhat different.

Sam
i want some WRC cars

300 BHP
750 NM

and some rally tracs.

I miss the old Group A Tarmac racing.

Volvo 242
BMW 7xx

real racing without all the electronics.
I know it's been suggested MANY times before, but that's just because it's a great car!
Attached images
PB1.JPG
Quote from keltern :I know it's been suggested MANY times before, but that's just because it's a great car!

id rather have a R32 GTR
Hehe! Sure, an R32 would be nice as well. But rear wheel drive is far more fun in my opinion!
Lemans series cars would be an excellent addition to LFS.
Wow! That cheetah looked niiiiiice!

Wouldn't mind having some fun in a car like that...
Quote from silentwarrior :Bikes? Why not ? I am a car fan, but, bike represents some nice horse power with low weight, and this could be alot of fun, specially with a mix of cars and bikes on same race, where a car would overtake a bike on speed but not on acelaration.

This would really make the game alot more fun, plus, with this games tradition of realism it would probably the most realistic moto simulator.

Also, this would work good for city driving servers too.

I can only hope to ever ride Fernbay in a bike.

Also, we need more tracks, tracks with less room at the sides, where the action is more packed, and with nice high speed turns instead of the slow to 70km/h turns, those really sux, and is where most ppl dont brake in start, making every race a hope everyone brakes challenge.

Also, Live For Speed is not Live For Cars, bikes are a good part of the motorsport scene, so, why not include them, would be a really nice twist, and would also break the routine of always having 4 wheels.

This is a for fun simulator, not a for learning simulator, so, bikes = more fun.

PS: after seeing the other posters post about the Carver, would love to see something like that in, maybe a normal one and then a GTR one? that, would be fantastic, more fun !

just a perspective: being someone who regularly takes both bikes and cars to the track i can say that riding a bike is a very PHYSICAL experience. that means the body positioning, body weight transfer, the feeling of dragging knee along the pavemet are what it's all about. i would think that this experience would be very diffcult to simulate. none of the arcade bike games even come close. driving a car on the other hand is a 'sitting down' exercise that is pretty well suited to simulation. of course the g forces and 'seat of the pants' feedback are all missing but i've found with a decent ffb steering wheel the experience is quite satisfying. and no, motion simulators don't help - i've tried a bunch, from simple to very fancy, and i've yet to experience one that helps the simulation rather than distracts from it by providing confusing/unrealistic feedback. no feedback is better than bad feedback.

my point? i think that the physics of bikes can be simulated well (although it's a subject complex enough that many of the professional bike race schools don't agree on things as fundamental as how a bike is steered!). but the experience just doesn't lend itself well to simulation, at least not with any controller hardware i've ever seen.

Cars we wanna see in S3
(4457 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG