The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
I've been noticing some popups of cones and bollards. Not sure if it was the same before patch W.
Everyone give Scawen a break with the begging for updates lol.

Since theres so little ammount of people working to make an already great game better it will take ALOT longer for stuff to happen.
when i go to download the patch in the game it dosenot work ? it says it cant open the restarter program? any one got any sugestions?
Quote from Yaamboo :The FF effects are not so heavy with the new patch when running on them, but still noticeable on some cars.

Exactly what has changed? I must have missed this...
There is a link in the first post to download the patch manually if the autoupdater fails to work
Quote from deggis :Exactly what has changed? I must have missed this...

Cant say i noticed any difference in the FF at all either
Quote from jackstrathdee :when i go to download the patch in the game it dosenot work ? it says it cant open the restarter program? any one got any sugestions?

Quote from SpikeyMarcoD :says cant open restarter program??

Quote from Scawen :That probably means you have deleted the program lfs_restart.exe which should be in your S2 folder.

Anyway, here is a direct link to the patch, for people who can't use the autoupdater for some reason. Save the patch to your LFS folder and double click it to extract.

If autoupdater doesn't work for you : www.liveforspeed.net/file_lfs.php?name=LFS_PATCH_V_TO_W.exe

first page.
Quote from Fabri91 :Wow, somebody else from Italy!
Have you unlocked to S2 (it happened quite often that you had to unlock after updating)?

Hi..yes i'm from italy too. :Handshake
Now i have unlocked to S2
hey need help real bad downloaded the patch W and for some reason have lost all my gauges in cars its just blank were that usually would b e.g i hav no speedo rev counter fuel gauge nothing any help would b much appreciated
thanks
Please, everyone. If you're having problems with patch W, PLEASE make sure that you upgraded from patch V. If you had an earlier build (like patch U), you can't just install patch W and expect it to work. You either need patch V first, or you need to download the whole install.
Quote :Originally Posted by Scawen
As the higher number of polygons affects you so badly, I suspect your graphics card is something really old like a GeForce2 or similar, which cannot do Hardware Vertex Shading? If you can't switch on HVS (at bottom of the graphics options screen) then it's really too old now. The thing is that HVS is several years old now and you should be able to get a basic DirectX graphics card (a few years old model) for a few pounds from somewhere - if there's one thing you can do, that's it! And any one you can get will immediately give you high frame rates at high LOD levels.

Quote from BulliT :
There is also loads of laptops without HVS. I posted an improvement suggestion in case you haven't enabled the Intel/AMD optimized software mode.
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=368182

Thanks for the replies Scawen and Bullit. I am able to turn on hardware vertex shading or whatever its called in the game; as in its not greyed out or anything. Does turning the vertex shading on increase FPS?
Also, Bullit, I would love to try out the suggestion you posted but I have no idea where im supposed to paste that 'code'.
By the way I know nothing about computers but to try and give you as much info as possible: im on a presario 2100 (laptop), Radeon IGP 320m, 448mb of RAM, mobile AMD athlon XP2400+.
You should turn on HVS, it will make a substantial difference in FPS. As for that suggestion, that's something directed at Scawen which will allow people to use Software Vertex Shading - you can't do anything to turn that on until support is added.
Quote from KurtG85 :Thanks for the replies Scawen and Bullit. I am able to turn on hardware vertex shading or whatever its called in the game; as in its not greyed out or anything. Does turning the vertex shading on increase FPS?
Also, Bullit, I would love to try out the suggestion you posted but I have no idea where im supposed to paste that 'code'.
By the way I know nothing about computers but to try and give you as much info as possible: im on a presario 2100 (laptop), Radeon IGP 320m, 448mb of RAM, mobile AMD athlon XP2400+.

CPU OK, graphics card and amount of memory not...Sorry mate

By
Quote from marko.sabotin :CPU OK, graphics card and amount of memory not...Sorry mate

By

Not so long ago, I was running LFS with 256MB RAM
Verry good racing sounds, it sounds more like real Hi-power engines with methan/nitro fuel.
-Happy-
I have a problem that after installind patch W I get major lag when somebody joins the server, race, when somebody`s skin is downloading, when somebody teleports to pits.
Thank you for the patch link Scawen! I'm having troubles getting my gaming computer connected to my network... again... At least now I'll have the latest version in my offline endeavours :P
Quote from siLc :I have a problem that after installind patch W I get major lag when somebody joins the server, race, when somebody`s skin is downloading, when somebody teleports to pits.

after W, i've noticed the same as well, thought it was cuz of my humble system... well, it is not a major lag in mine, but i can notice a skin is downloaded before reading the notification text ... more like a lock-up than lag... hope my explanation helps...
Quote from MyBoss :Just a quick summary..

Patch X:
More racers
More spectators
++++

Patch Y:

New GTR interiors
Graphical update on South City

Neat, looking forward to it.

edit: Have to read better. lol

That sounds great
Wouldn't mind about a better replay option and a safety car in those versions as well
Quote from JasonJ :It seems to be layouts that are effecting FPS mostly. Maybe the draw distance on layout objects has been.............

I found the problem...... With all my messing around and testing I had actually turn OFF Multiplayer speedup option. I enabled it again and everything was back to normal. Sorry for any confusion or hassles.

I posted this again here because I also reported the problem in the Test patch Thread. Sheesh
Wow what a patch! I'm loving the sounds DaveWS

Lovely work there everyone. Especially the new arrow colours, because i'm am normally lapped a lot!
Like some others, I too am having some LOD popping issues. All graphic settings are maxxed out, but I am seeing a lot of objects pop into view. This has been occuring since patch V at least. I assume it is Scawen trying to optimise the LOD for lower end machines, but my machine being a high end one, I don't need as much optimisation. On the first lap of the first track session after loading a new track, I get the terrain (grass, asphalt) popping in and out of view, too. As in it becomes invisible for a split second before returning to view. This has also been happening since patch V.

What does the Dynamic LOD reduction do? What does the Gearshift Debounce do? both located in the Misc section in Options.

With regards to the minimap; I think all cars should still be arrows, as the arrow shows the direction the car is facing. Usefull when slow/stopped cars are on track for sure.

I think the player car should have a larger arrow. Aside from that, colours should be defineable for those of us who are colour blind. I myself have it in multiple forms; Blue/Purple, Red/Green, Red/Brown, Green/Yellow, Green/Orange, Brown/Orange, Brown/Green... I think that's about it... My colour blindness is not sever, but it is expansive. I am affected by a large number of variations, but not in all values of those variations. By one of Scawen's posts, it seems he has added user-defineable colours to his ever-growing list. Awesome What different cars should there be, though?

-Cars on same lap, ahead of you.
-Cars on same lap, behind you.
-Cars a lap behind you
-Cars a lap ahead of you
-Your own car.

I don't think we need something different for cars multiple laps ahead; all you need to know is whether or not they are ahead of you or behind you, and if they are on the same lap. In regards to the way to drive when near someone, you treat someone putting you one lap down the same way you'd treat them putting you three, four, five or twenty laps down. It's all the same I think possibly the leader could have their own colour, too, when the leader is not yourself.

Great work with the new patch Scavier! Game gets better and better!

MAG
Quote from MAGGOT :What does the Dynamic LOD reduction do? What does the Gearshift Debounce do? both located in the Misc section in Options.

Gearshift debounce is the minimum number of milliseconds between shifts. It prevents people who have overly sensitive shifters from downshifting two or three times when they only meant to shift once.
Ah, a brilliant feature! I'm always double-shifting in other games.
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG