The online racing simulator
S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
Quote from 707Gnome :This is probably a noob question, but ever since I installed the patch, AI difficulty seems to have gone way down. I primarily play single player races, with AI on PRO, it seems too easy. Any way to turn up aggressiveness and difficulty?

Thanks

Did you by any chance completely reinstall LFS? As you might now the LFS AI "learns" the tracks. Their knowledge is stored in a folder in Live for Speeds data directory, if you did a fresh install you will have to move that data to your new installation.

Maybe you're just running new combos which your AIs haven't learned yet?
Or has the "AI user player setup" setting changed?
Maybe you've become a better driver?

I am quite sure no work has been done when it comes to the AI. Not yet!
as a matter of fact, yes, i didn't mean to, but installed LFS with the W patch in a new folder altogether. i was quite sure my driving hadn't gotten all that great within days. anyway, could you point me to the folder that contains the learned information for the AI?

Thank you very much
LFS\data\knw
I believe that would be the "Knw" folder. (At least, The AI files' extension is KNW I think...)

I can't understand the attraction to the whole AI learning thing, really. Why should I have to train the computer to race against it?
This might have nothing to do with the patch but I'm getting a serious amount of disconnects. It's the only way I leave a server really. No other software get's disconnected though, for example putty or miranda. Also I think pings are a bit higher too. The servers which used to have pings of 50ms are now 66ms and so on.
Quote from Shotglass :is anybody else experiencing long load times when going from the singleplayer menu to the main menu ?

jep, I think they are longer than before patch w
Time Outs
Seems like since W patch has came out theres alot timeouts in servers
i have 10 mb conection with 1 mb upload never happened till after patch

Once in ur life u will fear the Rippa
The new sound are great. Especially the open wheel cars such as FOX.

The RAC sounds like a true beast now, cant stop driving it
I keep getting black screen/looping sound crash

Address is 0x00000000004c23fb
I can't seem to install the patch.i go to download it off of the multiplayer screen and after the file progress it says cant be saved CLOSED.im running vista if that helps anyone.thanks in advance
patch w already released 11 days but smokemod still didn't update yet.bespoke already updated after patch w released few days.
maybe you should talk to whoever makes smokemod? (kegetys?) wouldnt that make more sense than asking here?
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
AI improvements will be in S2 final. They might be already planned for the next (or a following) incompatible patch, but that I cannot say for sure. But they WILL be made before S2 is considered "final".

However, NOTHING is definite in regard to software, so don't blame me if something unexpected happens, like the AI being ditched or whatever.
-
(Dj-Aeri) DELETED by Dj-Aeri
I Have such a problem with LFS
http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5882/clipboard01sf2.jpg
It happens once in about half an hour but it's ver annoying when i race in LFS. I tried new drivers to my graphic card but nothing helped :/ During game i have 40-60fps
My PC is:
Intel Pentium 4 3GHz
1024MB Ram
and graphic card is ATI Radeon X550
Sounds like your graphics card is overheating... This only happens in LFS and nothing else?
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Sounds like your graphics card is overheating... This only happens in LFS and nothing else?

Yes, only in LFS. I'm playing PES6, and 18 Wheels of Steel Haulin' and it doesn't happen there
I guess nobody can help me
I dunno, but maybe posting the idle temperature, and the temperature after playing LFS would help. But i dont know, im not good with these things.
I've installed now Omega Drivers for my graphic card, will see how it goes
wtf happened with this game? I don't know if this patch or the ones before made this, but when I last played the AI drivers where like real drivers they were making mistakes, and overtaked each other. Now, if I give them the same cars, they behave like a freight train, not a single overtaking no nothing, they drive as they started in a single snake, like they're coupled together and being pulled on a wire. It's crap. There is no fun this way. And I can't even get back to an old version now because I overwritten it, with W.

And why does all cars have the sound of a lawnmower?
Well, the AI learn the more they drive. If you did a clean install of LFS, the AI lose the knowledge they gained.

As for the cars, the sounds have been replaced. They are considered improved. It's very difficult to get synthesised sound right (listen to the drums on an 80s record and you'll see what I mean!)
I realized how loud the gear whine is in my mom's Honda Accord. It is louder then the engine unless you floor it and then the VTAKKK!!!!!! kicks in.

j/k about the VTAK!!!!
Cannot see mirrors in Shit-U and back outside view mode no matter which mode is switch on "all","virtual", "real" or "mirror off". Didn't notice it before.
Quote from TiJay :Well, the AI learn the more they drive. If you did a clean install of LFS, the AI lose the knowledge they gained.

So you say if they learn more, they'll start making mistakes? That doesn't make much sense.
This thread is closed

S2 Alpha Patch W
(298 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG